The Democrats white man problem

As a left leaning Independent, I tend to vote Democrat more than Republican, but it's high time the Democrats face a very unpleasant issue:

From the 40's to the 80's, my father was a working class, blue collar, pro union Democrat. The kind of guy the Democratic lawmakers could count on for their vote. Enter the Reagan revolution, and the landscape began to change. Democratic strategists began to take guys like my father for granted. Democrats began their feminist friendly, gay friendly, immigrant friendly, entitlement friendly, minority friendly march to the present day. Reaching out to these groups is all well and good up to a point, but in doing so, the Democratic party has allowed their once strong core of support to drift away. Today the working class white male feels like little more than an afterthought in the Democratic party. Democratic lawmakers and strategists had better find a way to reverse this exodus, or their problems will only get worse.

The math is clear: Democrats need to win more working-class white votes

Your theory needs the inverse square law in the formula. Way back in the day the Democrats were for the working man but not today. Democrats are gutter snipes these days.

As a left leaning Independent, I tend to vote Democrat more than Republican, but it's high time the Democrats face a very unpleasant issue:

From the 40's to the 80's, my father was a working class, blue collar, pro union Democrat. The kind of guy the Democratic lawmakers could count on for their vote. Enter the Reagan revolution, and the landscape began to change. Democratic strategists began to take guys like my father for granted. Democrats began their feminist friendly, gay friendly, immigrant friendly, entitlement friendly, minority friendly march to the present day. Reaching out to these groups is all well and good up to a point, but in doing so, the Democratic party has allowed their once strong core of support to drift away. Today the working class white male feels like little more than an afterthought in the Democratic party. Democratic lawmakers and strategists had better find a way to reverse this exodus, or their problems will only get worse.

Afterthought is probably the best way to put it.

I would put it this way, "area of focus" but I like your term too. The Democrats, to me, seem to be this political party that is run much like a business runs things. I have AT&T for cable TV in my condo. I see ads in our commons for 2 years of cable TV at $49.00 per year; HBO, Showtime, and Cinemax included....new subscribers only. I have had AT&T for nearly a decade but those 3 networks would cost me an extra 41 a month or something like that. The Democrats seem to be geared more toward any new demographic that presents itself. Confused about what bathroom to use? Democrats got your back. Offended by a bakery that you want to bake your wedding cake turning you down, call the Democrats!!! I do not see why a white male who is a Democrat would be offended by the inclusion of the gender confused and the hyper sensitive, but I also don't see why the Democrats go out of their way to try to legitimize every quirk of the species with laws and specific representation.

We have this calendar in our breakroom that is meant as a joke. Virtually every single workday is a day dedicated to someone. Today is national barrier awareness day by the way. I can imagine what the calendar at the DNC is. May 29 is National Hispanic Females Who Dress Like Males but Secretly Wish They were Asian Day.

I get free cable and free internet and free electricity and it is all legit and above board and I only have a High School education. If I told you how I do it, I would have to kill you. : )

I would put it this way, "area of focus" but I like your term too. The Democrats, to me, seem to be this political party that is run much like a business runs things. I have AT&T for cable TV in my condo. I see ads in our commons for 2 years of cable TV at $49.00 per year; HBO, Showtime, and Cinemax included....new subscribers only. I have had AT&T for nearly a decade but those 3 networks would cost me an extra 41 a month or something like that. The Democrats seem to be geared more toward any new demographic that presents itself. Confused about what bathroom to use? Democrats got your back. Offended by a bakery that you want to bake your wedding cake turning you down, call the Democrats!!! I do not see why a white male who is a Democrat would be offended by the inclusion of the gender confused and the hyper sensitive, but I also don't see why the Democrats go out of their way to try to legitimize every quirk of the species with laws and specific representation.

We have this calendar in our breakroom that is meant as a joke. Virtually every single workday is a day dedicated to someone. Today is national barrier awareness day by the way. I can imagine what the calendar at the DNC is. May 29 is National Hispanic Females Who Dress Like Males but Secretly Wish They were Asian Day.
So you just summed up why the Democratic Party is completely dysfunctional and fucked-up. Oh, and I’m not offended when gay people want a wedding cake or want inclusion. I get pissed at the crybaby nonsense of attempting to make it a civil rights issue. The bakery owner has rights too. They DNC went out of its way to make the Philadelphia Convention the most anti-law enforcement, anti-sovereignty, anti-current taxpaying U.S. citizen, anti-white male, political gathering in history.

Again, all bluster, no citations, no effort to cite anything except what agrees with your warped point of view.

Now some facts:

HRC got 3,000,000+/- more votes than Donald Trump. Not bad for a Party that is "dysfunctional and fucked up". Also not bad for a Party who, if we use History as a guide, that should be on the outs after occupying the Oval for 8 years. Source: United States presidential election, 2016 - Wikipedia
United States presidential election - Wikipedia

Trump's margin of victory in WI, PA, and MI was less than 100,000 votes. Not 100,000 in each state, 100,000 combined.
United States presidential election, 2016 - Wikipedia

As for the 2016 DNC convention....you offer nothing but your warped, jaded opinion.

So you just summed up why the Democratic Party is completely dysfunctional and fucked-up. Oh, and I’m not offended when gay people want a wedding cake or want inclusion. I get pissed at the crybaby nonsense of attempting to make it a civil rights issue. The bakery owner has rights too. They DNC went out of its way to make the Philadelphia Convention the most anti-law enforcement, anti-sovereignty, anti-current taxpaying U.S. citizen, anti-white male, political gathering in history.

Again, all bluster, no citations, no effort to cite anything except what agrees with your warped point of view.

Now some facts:

HRC got 3,000,000+/- more votes than Donald Trump. Not bad for a Party that is "dysfunctional and fucked up". Also not bad for a Party who, if we use History as a guide, that should be on the outs after occupying the Oval for 8 years. Source: United States presidential election, 2016 - Wikipedia

Trump's margin of victory in WI, PA, and MI was less than 100,000 votes. Not 100,000 in each state, 100,000 combined.

As for the 2016 DNC convention....you offer nothing but your warped, jaded opinion.
My heart bleeds dingbat blue for you. :boohoo:

Your theory needs the inverse square law in the formula. Way back in the day the Democrats were for the working man but not today. Democrats are gutter snipes these days.
The Democrats got swept up and away when they started believing their own rhetoric. They were the party of the future, remember? That future is now, as they weep and don their pussyhats.

Last edited:

Now some facts:

Another nothing burger from the dickless wonder Meathead

Bingo!

Hatred of whites and men was a very big mistake for the democratic party as they're pretty much saying that we don't like 2/3rds of this country. This is why HIliary lost the last election in the rust belt as white male union members got sick and tired of her outsourcing bs and disrespect that she shows towards them.

The democrats either realize that Trump is right about globalism, trade and illegals or it dies. It is really quite simple.

These are issues that allowed history to be made last election...

Feminism is yet another no, no for the democratic party and is turning off men big time! You can't win on the idea that half of our society is bad and shouldn't have a future role in the political process and expect to win.

Identity politics is fucking stupid and suicidal. Most of the country is freaking sick of the diversionary crap. Trump won because he was right and people voted for what they believed was the better candidate.

Now some facts:

So why did Trump win blue states in Rust Belt? Why does GOP control 2/3rds of state legislatures, and governor mansions? Why does GOP now control all three branches of federal government? Because Americans reject the Democratic Party.

Now some facts:

Looks like Democrats losing ground is around the same time they began pushing white men out of the party.
http://www.ncsl.org/research/about-state-legislatures/partisan-composition.aspx

Now some facts:

Another nothing burger from the dickless wonder Meathead
White People to the back Candy...

Now some facts:

So why did Trump win blue states in Rust Belt? Why does GOP control 2/3rds of state legislatures, and governor mansions? Why does GOP now control all three branches of federal government? Because Americans reject the Democratic Party.

Simple...the Democrats cared more about the subsets than the larger groups (or so it seemed), Hillary was unlikeable...I personally think the collapse on 9/11 weighed more heavily than the media ever said it did, Trump out maneuvered Clinton, and made a lot of promises that there was zero chance he'd keep--but sold them effectively enough to get enough people to believe. The Dems actually picked up seats in the Senate in the 2016 election. As for the House and the States, you're right, the Dems have been rejected for a while.

Now some facts:

Simple...the Democrats cared more about the subsets than the larger groups (or so it seemed), Hillary was unlikeable...I personally think the collapse on 9/11 weighed more heavily than the media ever said it did, Trump out maneuvered Clinton, and made a lot of promises that there was zero chance he'd keep--but sold them effectively enough to get enough people to believe. The Dems actually picked up seats in the Senate in the 2016 election. As for the House and the States, you're right, the Dems have been rejected for a while.
Democrats have missed the anger of forgotten Americans.
Divided States of America (Part 1) | FRONTLINE

This why people don’t vote Democrat. Look at these idiots. Failure of schools is not a district problem it’s a parenting problem. Learning starts at home. If a child grows up in a single parent home with no supervision and daddy’s not around that’s not the districts problem. If a child grows up and sees generational welfare abuse...that’s not the districts problem. If child sees adults not taking responsibility for their actions...why should the child worry about failing grades? Communities need to take responsibility for their own actions, parents need to take responsibility for their actions, and the AFT and NEA need to stop coddling up to excuses for failure.

Uh, how much effort are you supposed to make to keep trying to appeal to people who vote against their own economic interests?

The last time the Democrats got more than 50% of the White Vote was 1964. Even Bush completely destroying the economy in 2008 wasn't enough to get these idiots to stop voting Republican.

Uh, how much effort are you supposed to make to keep trying to appeal to people who vote against their own economic interests?

The last time the Democrats got more than 50% of the White Vote was 1964. Even Bush completely destroying the economy in 2008 wasn't enough to get these idiots to stop voting Republican.
Really? I think whites are for their economic interest. We are free-market capitalist economy. Just because people reject socialism don’t try to accuse them of “voting against their economic interest.”

Really? I think whites are for their economic interest. We are free-market capitalist economy. Just because people reject socialism don’t try to accuse them of “voting against their economic interest.”

How does a "Free-Market" economy really benefit working class white people?

Heck, if you can get a woman or minority to work for less, that's what you do in a free market economy. With no union to protect you, there's always someone who is going to be willing to do the job cheaper.

Only an utter idiot white male, would vote for a Dimocrat today.

So you vote for guys like Romney and Trump who made their fortunes cheating white male idiots out of fair wages? That doesn't sound very smart.

The illiberal leftist authoritarians who are currently in control of the Democratic Party are simply waiting for enough white men to die off that it will be over.

This is the reason you don't see them trying to attract white men. This is why you see them still insulting white men. This is why you see them putting zero (0) effort into healing this country's racial wounds. Why bother? Time will take care of this for them.

And, looking at the numbers, observing demographics, it appears to be a perfectly workable plan. Ugly, but workable.

93bfe316b8ba8d78f1f2391c6b2a0b8b.jpg

Last edited:
So you vote for guys like Romney and Trump who made their fortunes cheating white male idiots out of fair wages? That doesn't sound very smart.

Correct. We need more Democrats so there are no jobs and therefore no wages at all.

Forum List

Back