The democrats really fudged us good

The deficit under the Bush administration was already bad enough but the minute the democrats take full control of the federal government they passed the point of no return with the deficit, tarp, and stim bill. How easy it would have been for them to cut the deficit at 400 billion vs 1.5 trillion. Now I fear that the deficit and accumulating debt is so large that the only solution is bankruptcy of our federal government because I really don't see any way out of this because the alternative to the democrats haven't proven they can balance a budget either.

Can anyone here tell me of any politician either democrat or republican that is seriosly talking balancing the budget this year?

Current debt is $11.9 trillion, up from $11.1 trillion when Obama took office

Bush raised the deficit from $5.5 trillion to $11 trillion

Nice try though

Deficit is not the same as debt so comparing the two is like apples and oranges. Debt is the amount of money owed that accumulated because of a deficit which is caused by insufficient funding for expenditure for the current budget year. After a few years of deficit spending you accumulate debt because you have to borrow money to make up for the deficit which adds to the debt.

Under the current deficit Obama will out do Bush in a few years.

The Republican mantra of "cut taxes" has only worked to help the rich.

How many on these threads are that rich?

Bunch of bend over I love its.:lol:

And so? You guys keep repeating this as if it is some kind crime for rich people to get any kind of tax cut.

More bad news for ya..

Latest Dispatches- MSN Money

Stocks surge on GDP data

Why is that bad news. When the economy grows its good so why is it bad news? Are you projecting your own sin onto others after watch the bullcrap media coverage of the Bush years and not a single bit of good news was allowed to leave the desk of CNN, NBC, or CBS for fear it might make Bush look good.

Its not that tough Ollie...the math is not that fuzzy...got a calculator??

Personal wealth is tied up into things like your house and your retirement savings.

When the housing market crashed, people lost 30% of the value in their homes...thats personal wealth lost

You keeping up with me Ollie?
Now, the stock market was up to a Dow Jones of 12,000 early in 2008 it dropped to 8000 as Bush left office. People who had savings in 401Ks and the market saw their nestegg lose 40%

All of that added up to $11.2 trillion in losses in 2008

Now, under President Obama

Market has risen from 8000 to almost 10000, housing prices have also rebounded so there was an INCREASE of $4.4 trillion

Not so fuzzy is it Ollie?

You obviously like to get your butt kicked every single time--don't you?-:lol::lol:

The fact is that the stock market was in fact in a bull market during most of the Bush years with the exception of the tech crash of 2000/2001. Therefore--your calculations are based on 4 plus 4 = 8 minus-8=0 plus 8---well golly gee the stock market has spent 7 years getting back to where it was 8 years ago--:lol::lol:

To add--of course wall street is up--business tends to show a profit when they lay off everyone--Employee expense is one of the largest expenses business has. But that little fart jump will come right back down when wall street realises that inventory remains high & there is very little demand.

Please don't embarass yourself by trying to defend the performance of the market under Bush. Want some more "fuzzy math"??

Ollie...are you listening??

The Dow Jones was 10,750 in 2001 when George Bush took office
It was 8150 in Jan 2009 when he left

To put it simply, If you had $10,000 in the market when Bush took office You had less than $8000 left eight years later

I believe that number in 2009 was after Obama was elected and every stock investor took their money out of the stock market for fear of the recenlty elected communist would take all their money. Now if you looked at where the stock market topped it would show that it topped at about 14000 or something which was before the recession hit.

Forum List

Back