The democrats really fudged us good

ihopehefails

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2009
The deficit under the Bush administration was already bad enough but the minute the democrats take full control of the federal government they passed the point of no return with the deficit, tarp, and stim bill. How easy it would have been for them to cut the deficit at 400 billion vs 1.5 trillion. Now I fear that the deficit and accumulating debt is so large that the only solution is bankruptcy of our federal government because I really don't see any way out of this because the alternative to the democrats haven't proven they can balance a budget either.

Can anyone here tell me of any politician either democrat or republican that is seriosly talking balancing the budget this year?

The deficit under the Bush administration was already bad enough but the minute the democrats take full control of the federal government they passed the point of no return with the deficit, tarp, and stim bill. How easy it would have been for them to cut the deficit at 400 billion vs 1.5 trillion. Now I fear that the deficit and accumulating debt is so large that the only solution is bankruptcy of our federal government because I really don't see any way out of this because the alternative to the democrats haven't proven they can balance a budget either.

Can anyone here tell me of any politician either democrat or republican that is seriosly talking balancing the budget this year?

Thanks for sharing a partisan piece . Why don't you grow up and go to school?

Yup. GWB's spending was ugly and now BHO is going to triple our debt. Ugly does not excuse ugly-times-three.

Current debt is $11.9 trillion, up from $11.1 trillion when Obama took office

Bush raised the deficit from $5.5 trillion to $11 trillion

Nice try though

Yup. GWB's spending was ugly and now BHO is going to triple our debt. Ugly does not excuse ugly-times-three.

Consider, You buy a house and discover the prior owner did not maintain the roof. It needs to be replaced. Rain will destroy your possessions unless the roof is replaced. You do not have the money to replace the roof.
Do you borrow?

Or, you buy a house in good repair. You want a new roof to impress the neighbors, but can't afford it. You quit your job, spend your savings and borrow the money to replace the roof.

Last edited:
Lets see how the republicans fudged us

News N Economics: Record wealth loss in 2008; saving rises

analysis of global economic and financial conditions with a focus on the U.S.
Record wealth loss in 2008; saving rises
Friday, March 13, 2009

Yesterday the Federal Reserve released the fourth quarter flow of funds report. This is a massive report with stock and flow data across all sectors of the U.S. economy, including households, businesses (financial and nonfinancial), and government. First, let's look at the headline: the household. From Bloomberg:
U.S. household wealth fell by a record $5.1 trillion from October to December, almost twice the decrease in the previous quarter, as home values and stock prices plunged, Federal Reserve figures showed.

Net worth for households and non-profit groups decreased to $51.5 trillion, the lowest level in four years, from $56.6 trillion in the third quarter, according to the Fed’s quarterly Flow of Funds report yesterday. Wealth dropped $11.2 trillion in 2008 from the year before, the biggest annual decline since the government began keeping quarterly records in 1952.

George Bush lost us $11.2 trillion in ONE year

You complain because Obama spent $800 billion?
(By the way, personal wealth is UP $4.4 trillion under Obama)

Consider, You buy a house and discover the prior owner did not maintain the roof. It needs to be replaced. Rain will destroy your possessions unless the roof is replaced. You do not have the money to replace the roof.
Do you borrow?

Or, you buy a house in good repair. You want a new roof to impress the neighbors, but can't afford it. You quit your job, spend your savings and borrow the money to replace the roof.
:lol: I don't borrow myself into an unsustainable debt.

Last edited:

Friday, March 13, 2009

Yesterday the Federal Reserve released the fourth quarter flow of funds report. This is a massive report with stock and flow data across all sectors of the U.S. economy, including households, businesses (financial and nonfinancial), and government. First, let's look at the headline: the household. From Bloomberg:
U.S. household wealth fell by a record $5.1 trillion from October to December, almost twice the decrease in the previous quarter, as home values and stock prices plunged, Federal Reserve figures showed.

Net worth for households and non-profit groups decreased to $51.5 trillion, the lowest level in four years, from $56.6 trillion in the third quarter, according to the Fed’s quarterly Flow of Funds report yesterday. Wealth dropped $11.2 trillion in 2008 from the year before, the biggest annual decline since the government began keeping quarterly records in 1952.

This must be some of that infamous fuzzy math. Personal wealth up $4.4 trillion and unemployment is nearly doubled? Why is this so difficult to actually believe? And Bush lost $11.2 trillion in one year? I'm sorry but that seems to be some more fuzzy math.

Friday, March 13, 2009

This must be some of that infamous fuzzy math. Personal wealth up $4.4 trillion and unemployment is nearly doubled? Why is this so difficult to actually believe? And Bush lost $11.2 trillion in one year? I'm sorry but that seems to be some more fuzzy math.

Its not that tough Ollie...the math is not that fuzzy...got a calculator??

Personal wealth is tied up into things like your house and your retirement savings.

When the housing market crashed, people lost 30% of the value in their homes...thats personal wealth lost

You keeping up with me Ollie?
Now, the stock market was up to a Dow Jones of 12,000 early in 2008 it dropped to 8000 as Bush left office. People who had savings in 401Ks and the market saw their nestegg lose 40%

All of that added up to $11.2 trillion in losses in 2008

Now, under President Obama

Market has risen from 8000 to almost 10000, housing prices have also rebounded so there was an INCREASE of $4.4 trillion

Not so fuzzy is it Ollie?

Its not that tough Ollie...the math is not that fuzzy...got a calculator??

Personal wealth is tied up into things like your house and your retirement savings.

When the housing market crashed, people lost 30% of the value in their homes...thats personal wealth lost

You keeping up with me Ollie?
Now, the stock market was up to a Dow Jones of 12,000 early in 2008 it dropped to 8000 as Bush left office. People who had savings in 401Ks and the market saw their nestegg lose 40%

All of that added up to $11.2 trillion in losses in 2008

Now, under President Obama

Market has risen from 8000 to almost 10000, housing prices have also rebounded so there was an INCREASE of $4.4 trillion

Not so fuzzy is it Ollie?
And BHO is tripling the debt that GWB incurred. I suspect you'll give him a cheer.

Now its your turn to defend fuzzy math Ollie

You claim unemployment has doubled under Obama

In Jan 2009 the rate was 8.5% it is now 9.5% how does that amount to doubling?

In the last 18 months of Bush the unemployment rate went from 4.1% to 8.5%, that is more than doubling

And BHO is tripling the debt that GWB incurred. I suspect you'll give him a cheer.

Projections don't mean shit. Obama has added $800 billion to the debt, Bush added $5.5 trillion

Reagan, by the way TRIPLED the national debt

A recession is a pretty bad time to try to balance the budget.

Doug

Do you borrow?of course you do, only an idiot would buy a house like that.

that makes sense doesn't it? buy a house then quit your job! :lol: where do liberals get this shit?

Now its your turn to defend fuzzy math Ollie

You claim unemployment has doubled under Obama

In Jan 2009 the rate was 8.5% it is now 9.5% how does that amount to doubling?

In the last 18 months of Bush the unemployment rate went from 4.1% to 8.5%, that is more than doubling

Ollie? Ollie? You working that calculator, boy?:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back