The democrats really fudged us good

Yup. GWB's spending was ugly and now BHO is going to triple our debt. Ugly does not excuse ugly-times-three.

Consider, You buy a house and discover the prior owner did not maintain the roof. It needs to be replaced. Rain will destroy your possessions unless the roof is replaced. You do not have the money to replace the roof.
Do you borrow?

Or, you buy a house in good repair. You want a new roof to impress the neighbors, but can't afford it. You quit your job, spend your savings and borrow the money to replace the roof.
:lol: I don't borrow myself into an unsustainable debt.

If you voted for GWB you did.

Consider, You buy a house and discover the prior owner did not maintain the roof. It needs to be replaced. Rain will destroy your possessions unless the roof is replaced. You do not have the money to replace the roof.
Do you borrow?

Or, you buy a house in good repair. You want a new roof to impress the neighbors, but can't afford it. You quit your job, spend your savings and borrow the money to replace the roof.
:lol: I don't borrow myself into an unsustainable debt.

If you voted for GWB you did.
Are you always this irrelevant or just when you post?

Yup. GWB's spending was ugly and now BHO is going to triple our debt. Ugly does not excuse ugly-times-three.

Do you borrow?of course you do, only an idiot would buy a house like that.

that makes sense doesn't it? buy a house then quit your job! :lol: where do liberals get this shit?

Are you really that dumb?
A N A L O G Y for GWB and his stewardship of our economy.

Do you borrow?of course you do, only an idiot would buy a house like that.

that makes sense doesn't it? buy a house then quit your job! :lol: where do liberals get this shit?

Are you really that dumb?
A N A L O G Y for GWB and his stewardship of our economy.
Applicable analogies have some realism. Yours bombed on several fronts.

Lets see how the republicans fudged us

News N Economics: Record wealth loss in 2008; saving rises

George Bush lost us $11.2 trillion in ONE year

You complain because Obama spent $800 billion?
(By the way, personal wealth is UP $4.4 trillion under Obama)

This must be some of that infamous fuzzy math. Personal wealth up $4.4 trillion and unemployment is nearly doubled? Why is this so difficult to actually believe? And Bush lost $11.2 trillion in one year? I'm sorry but that seems to be some more fuzzy math.

Its not that tough Ollie...the math is not that fuzzy...got a calculator??

Personal wealth is tied up into things like your house and your retirement savings.

When the housing market crashed, people lost 30% of the value in their homes...thats personal wealth lost

You keeping up with me Ollie?
Now, the stock market was up to a Dow Jones of 12,000 early in 2008 it dropped to 8000 as Bush left office. People who had savings in 401Ks and the market saw their nestegg lose 40%

All of that added up to $11.2 trillion in losses in 2008

Now, under President Obama

Market has risen from 8000 to almost 10000, housing prices have also rebounded so there was an INCREASE of $4.4 trillion

Not so fuzzy is it Ollie?

You obviously like to get your butt kicked every single time--don't you?-:lol::lol:

The fact is that the stock market was in fact in a bull market during most of the Bush years with the exception of the tech crash of 2000/2001. Therefore--your calculations are based on 4 plus 4 = 8 minus-8=0 plus 8---well golly gee the stock market has spent 7 years getting back to where it was 8 years ago--:lol::lol:

To add--of course wall street is up--business tends to show a profit when they lay off everyone--Employee expense is one of the largest expenses business has. But that little fart jump will come right back down when wall street realises that inventory remains high & there is very little demand.

As far as housing prices. They are horrendously depressed. 33% of the home mortgages in this country are higher than the value of the home. That is a fact. Foreclosures are up & we are due for a large second round of them. The 1st time was due to sub-prime mortgages--the 2nd COMING will be because homeowners have lost their jobs--& have no chance of getting another. PERSONAL WEALTH is evaporating--while personal debt & government debt is soaring.

So enjoy your coolaid--because that's all your theory is-- "colored water."

"When government is big enough to give you everything you want, it's also big enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson

Last edited:
This must be some of that infamous fuzzy math. Personal wealth up $4.4 trillion and unemployment is nearly doubled? Why is this so difficult to actually believe? And Bush lost $11.2 trillion in one year? I'm sorry but that seems to be some more fuzzy math.

Its not that tough Ollie...the math is not that fuzzy...got a calculator??

Personal wealth is tied up into things like your house and your retirement savings.

When the housing market crashed, people lost 30% of the value in their homes...thats personal wealth lost

You keeping up with me Ollie?
Now, the stock market was up to a Dow Jones of 12,000 early in 2008 it dropped to 8000 as Bush left office. People who had savings in 401Ks and the market saw their nestegg lose 40%

All of that added up to $11.2 trillion in losses in 2008

Now, under President Obama

Market has risen from 8000 to almost 10000, housing prices have also rebounded so there was an INCREASE of $4.4 trillion

Not so fuzzy is it Ollie?

You obviously like to get your butt kicked every single time--don't you?-:lol::lol:

The fact is that the stock market was in fact in a bull market during most of the Bush years with the exception of the tech crash of 2000/2001. Therefore--your calculations are based on 4 plus 4 = 8 minus-8=0 plus 8---well golly gee the stock market has spent 7 years getting back to where it was 8 years ago--:lol::lol:

To add--of course wall street is up--business tends to show a profit when they lay off everyone--Employee expense is one of the largest expenses business has. But that little fart jump will come right back down when wall street realises that inventory remains high & there is very little demand.

Please don't embarass yourself by trying to defend the performance of the market under Bush. Want some more "fuzzy math"??

Ollie...are you listening??

The Dow Jones was 10,750 in 2001 when George Bush took office
It was 8150 in Jan 2009 when he left

To put it simply, If you had $10,000 in the market when Bush took office You had less than $8000 left eight years later

ahhhhhhhhhh....the last guy fucked up and spent a lot of money ..... so i am going to spend a lot too ..... defense ....

ahhhhhhhhhh....the last guy fucked up and spent a lot of money ..... so i am going to spend a lot too ..... defense ....

Not really manu

The difference was a collapsing economy. Money had to be injected into the economy to prevent collapsing into a Depression.

In case you missed todays headlines, Economists are acknowledging that the worst recession in 70 years is over.

Money well spent

Not really manu

The difference was a collapsing economy. Money had to be injected into the economy to prevent collapsing into a Depression.

In case you missed todays headlines, Economists are acknowledging that the worst recession in 70 years is over.

Money well spent

as i recall bush injected 750 billion into the econmy before he left.....

yes i read that the economy grew 3% because the government has injected almost 2 trillion dollars into the economy over the past 12 months....and that the bulk of the growth is attibuted to cash for clunkers and the first time home buyer tax credit.....

now...do the hard math and remove all that and tell me what the economy is really doing....

the recession is over huh.....ok if you say so....i am sure the 20% unemployed will find that very comforting....

Last edited:
The Republican mantra of "cut taxes" has only worked to help the rich.

How many on these threads are that rich?

Bunch of bend over I love its.:lol:

why are liberals so dishonest about bush?

bush didn't do anything to cause that wealth to drop so dramatically....it dropped so dramatically because housing prices were insanely high and then the bubble burst....

to blame all of that on bush is the height of partisan stupidness

bush didn't do anything to cause that wealth to drop so dramatically....it dropped so dramatically because housing prices were insanely high and then the bubble burst....

What ever happened to...

"The buck stops here"

Bush was the second coming of Hoover, willing to let things work themselves out

More bad news for ya..

Latest Dispatches- MSN Money

Stocks surge on GDP data
Neither of which support your claim. Again

Source?
Your claim is bullshit unless supported.

What ever happened to...

"The buck stops here"

Bush was the second coming of Hoover, willing to let things work themselves out

He wanted to let things work out and give the people tax cuts to help ease the pain.

He was willing to let the special interest groups suffer a bit like the rest of us..

Obama decided that the special interst groups deserved the money, and let the rest of us suffer....

Afterall...it is all about catering to your base.

Forum List

Back