The decline of USPS

then why does the company UPS pay the post office to deliver a crap load of their deliveries ?

Sympathy? :dunno:

because its cheaper and they make more money that way

For example, the Borough of Alpine, NJ does not allow UPS or Fed Ex to deliver directly to residences. Packages are dropped off at the tiny( and soon to be eliminated) post office.
In other places, UPS and Fed Ex will not deliver to high crime areas. The USPS does. At high risk to carriers.

And you folks want healthcare fixed BAWAHAHA

The founders thought it was intragel to our nation to have a good postal system.

THETY WERE WILLING TO PAY OUTRIGHT FOR IT!

The PO has been designed to pay for itsself.

then the republicans tried to kill it.

WHY???????????

Hey dummy..Over 400 US House Members voted for the law.
The USPS can no longer pay for itself.
The service needs to be revamped, slashed in size and operated in an efficient and stream lined manner.

It looks like TMN's vodka breakfast lasted all day today.

This should cheer her up! The USPS's big plan to save the day is launching a Fashion Line! I hope the outfits come in 3X so TMN can upgrade her wardrobe. The Sweat-Wicking fabric in particular will be appreciated by anyone who comes into contact with her.

You may not be able to get a letter from the U.S. Postal Service on Saturdays, but you will be able to get fashionable new apparel.

The cash-strapped post office plans to release a "Rain Heat & Snow" clothing and accessory line.

CNN reported that the Postal Service is teaming up with Cleveland-based Wahconah Group, which will design the clothing and accessories.

The Rain Heat & Snow line should have something available for men by spring 2014, CNN said. A women's line also is being planned.

CNN said the fashion line will be sold in department and specialty stores.

According to CNN, the line will feature the latest technology, including sweat-wicking fabric, jackets that can sync with MP3 players and standards such as coats, head gear and footwear....

Post Office to release fashion line

Last edited:
why did the republicans construct a law that made it illegal for the USPS to pay off their debts with saved money?

that is insanity

.....The PAEA was one the most bipartisan Acts ever passed.
It had 168 co-sponsors....
Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act (2006; 109th Congress H.R. 22) - GovTrack.us
The Vote in the House was 410- 20 to pass.
Is it your feeble minded perception that there were 410 republicans in the US House during the 109th Congress?
I know you have me on ignore( you are a gutless pile of useless organic matter) but everyone else can read this.

You guys wanna really get to Truthmatters? put her on ignore for a few days. It just kills the loon as she only is here for the attention she apparantly doesn't get in real life.

She has no real life.
TM Is like rolling up to a bad car accident. You really don't want to see the carnage, but are too tempted by curiosity.

What facts? You are blaming the repubs. YOu have said the same fuckin thiing 20 times. I am not blaming the Dems, TM. I am blaming the GOV'T.
The goddamn gov't. gov't gov't gov't gov't The republicans are not part of the gov't? Answer that simple question with a yes or no

you said this after I gave you the constitution.

You called the constitution non fact

Here's a paper towel to wipe that foam from around your mouth

Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act (2006; 109th Congress H.R. 6407) - GovTrack.us

Hmmmm 2 dem co-sponsors..

Just how stupid are American Postal workers and other leftists? | Steve Bussey

Votes: Dec 8, 2006: This bill passed in the House of Representatives by voice vote. A record of each representative’s position was not kept.
Cosponsors:
Danny Davis [D-IL7]
John McHugh [R-NY23]
Henry Waxman [D-CA30]

Dec 9, 2006: This bill passed in the Senate by Unanimous Consent. A record of each senator’s position was not kept.

97 of 168 cosponsors were Democrats.
But TM swears the Republicans were solely responsible.
I guess all 97 cosponsors were threatened with certain death had they not voted yes on the Bill.

Cutting workers, cutting back delivery time, defaulting on payments etc and some of you folks say they are doing "fine"?

And you want the gov't to run healthcare? I thought you wanted it FIXED?

People don't use mail any more. We receive and pay our bills online, and send faxes and emails. The government hasn't run the postal service into the ground and they're not defaulting on their bills. Mail just isn't the big business it used to be.

This is an instant communications world and snail mail is slow and expensive. We have cheaper, faster ways of communicating now.
People don't use mail any more.

as someone who delivered the stuff......you have me fooled....:eusa_eh:
Let us stipulate we use it much less..
Quite frankly as far as residential mail, deliveries from business for exceed outgoing mail from residences.
In fact, the last time we used the USPS for anything was to mail 15 Christmas cards. The time before that was to mail a check to a friend of mine to pay to get into a football pool.
That was in September.

Cutting workers, cutting back delivery time, defaulting on payments etc and some of you folks say they are doing "fine"?

People don't use mail any more. We receive and pay our bills online, and send faxes and emails. The government hasn't run the postal service into the ground and they're not defaulting on their bills. Mail just isn't the big business it used to be.

This is an instant communications world and snail mail is slow and expensive. We have cheaper, faster ways of communicating now.

True.

But it is an important service nonetheless, and still of service to millions of Americans.

The USPS is in ‘decline’ as a consequence of attempting to make it function in some sort of inane ‘free market’ model.

It was the intent of the Framers for the Post Office to function as a component of government, a service ‘necessary and proper’ of the government to the benefit of the Nation as a whole.

This idiocy of the Post Office as a ‘business’ is the reason for its decline, not ‘mismanagement.’

The Post Office should be returned to complete government control, as a non-profit entity, with its primary goal to serve the people.

True.

But it is an important service nonetheless, and still of service to millions of Americans.

The USPS is in ‘decline’ as a consequence of attempting to make it function in some sort of inane ‘free market’ model.

It was the intent of the Framers for the Post Office to function as a component of government, a service ‘necessary and proper’ of the government to the benefit of the Nation as a whole.

This idiocy of the Post Office as a ‘business’ is the reason for its decline, not ‘mismanagement.’

The Post Office should be returned to complete government control, as a non-profit entity, with its primary goal to serve the people.

too important to allow it to waste away in its current state, yes?

Quite frankly as far as residential mail, deliveries from business for exceed outgoing mail from residences.
In fact, the last time we used the USPS for anything was to mail 15 Christmas cards. The time before that was to mail a check to a friend of mine to pay to get into a football pool.
That was in September.

if your trying to say Mail for Businesses far exceeds outgoing from Residential.....your right.....but it has always been like that.....75-80% of mail volume has always been business to business....

True.

you have no idea what the hell you are talking about.....

That was in September.

if your trying to say Mail for Businesses far exceeds outgoing from Residential.....your right.....but it has always been like that.....75-80% of mail volume has always been business to business....

SO the question I have is..Does the significant drop in first class volume have enough of an affect so that it contributes to the bleeding we now see?
I ask this because for at least the business mail I receive has a "bulk rate" mark.

Forum List

Back