The death of an unrepentant terrorist-lawyer

American_Jihad

Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
Gulf of Mex 26.609, -82.220
Good riddance...:FIREdevil:
THE DEATH OF AN UNREPENTANT TERRORIST-LAWYER
Convicted of providing material support for terrorism, Lynne Stewart was released early so she could die peacefully at home.
March 9, 2017

Matthew Vadum
cfg.jpg

After a lifetime of radical anti-American activism and passionate legal advocacy for foreign and domestic terrorists, cop-killers, and gangsters, convicted terrorist enabler Lynne Stewart died at her home in Brooklyn – instead of in prison where she was supposed to be.

Her son said Stewart, 77, expired Tuesday from complications related to cancer and a series of strokes. Mourners who run the website of “Democracy Now!” ran a headline describing her as the “People’s Lawyer & [Former] Political Prisoner.” The article called her “[a] former teacher and librarian, [who] was known as a people’s lawyer who represented the poor and revolutionaries.”

That represents only part of the life story of the self-described “radical human rights attorney” and cheerleader for totalitarianism.

This outspoken, persistent, quick-witted woman didn’t look like a zealous subversive. She may have been a bit too extreme for many liberals but they gave her a pass because, after all, her heart was in the right place. To the Left, this Maoist who said she favored “violence directed at the institutions which perpetuate capitalism, racism, sexism, and at the people who are the appointed guardians of those institutions," was an endearing, grandmotherly figure blessed with a disarming honesty.

"I'm not a pacifist,” she once said. “I have cried many bitter tears. There is death in history, and it's not all rosebuds and memorial services. Mao, Fidel [Castro], Ho Chi Minh understood this."

"I don't have any problem with Mao or Stalin or the Vietnamese leaders or certainly Fidel [Castro] locking up people they see as dangerous," Stewart told Monthly Review in 2002. "Because so often, dissidence has been used by the greater powers to undermine a people's revolution."

This lovable, folksy ball of fluff hailed the Black Lives Matter-inspired killers who gunned down police officers in Dallas and Baton Rouge last year as noble freedom fighters.

“They are avengers,” Stewart said. “They spoke for some of us when they did that.”

“They are not brazen, crazed, you know, insane killers,” she said. “They are avenging deaths that are never and have never been avenged since the ’60s and ’70s.”

Stewart likened American conservatives to the theocratic totalitarians of the Islamic world who abuse women, treating them as chattel. “The American Right,” she said, “is certainly anti-woman, anti-inclusiveness, and I certainly oppose that here in my own country for my own sake, for my children’s sake, for the way I want to live.”

The Death of an Unrepentant Terrorist-Lawyer

If people are inspired to seek higher justice and peace, and to prevent these ills we have seen and suffered in the past, that is the best legacy and tribute that could be made -- to break this cycle of retribution so the problems of oppression come to an end.

I don't agree with the methodology of fighting for justice with more injustice, but I do support the movement for Restorative Justice by Peace and Justice advocates who do use the nonviolent means of social influence that Gandhi and King made famous.

More power to the people.

But the change in society is best motivated by compassion not anger, by generosity and charity not greed for power and control.

With all that negative energy and bitterness, holding on to the past and fighting back, I can see how that puts so much stress and strain on people's conscience and health.

For the sake of future generations, including upcoming leaders in this current scene, I hope and pray we can do better than this negative backbiting approach to politics.

Otherwise it creates as many problems as it seeks to solve. We need to do better, and we can.

Still thankful for the leaders who paved the way for a better future.
This negative approach may not be perfect, but the lessons we learn from experience are necessary so we can rise above and take the higher road.

If people are inspired to seek higher justice and peace, and to prevent these ills we have seen and suffered in the past, that is the best legacy and tribute that could be made -- to break this cycle of retribution so the problems of oppression come to an end.

I don't agree with the methodology of fighting for justice with more injustice, but I do support the movement for Restorative Justice by Peace and Justice advocates who do use the nonviolent means of social influence that Gandhi and King made famous.

More power to the people.

But the change in society is best motivated by compassion not anger, by generosity and charity not greed for power and control.

With all that negative energy and bitterness, holding on to the past and fighting back, I can see how that puts so much stress and strain on people's conscience and health.

For the sake of future generations, including upcoming leaders in this current scene, I hope and pray we can do better than this negative backbiting approach to politics.

Otherwise it creates as many problems as it seeks to solve. We need to do better, and we can.
Long-winded as always...:blahblah:

Forum List

Back