The Daytona 500

Early testing has the Richard Childress team up front. Hendrix may be challenged this year.

"Team" racing is bullshit. Blocking other drivers, so your teammate can win destroys the credibility of the sport. Drive arounds, and lucky dogs are bullshit too. Get the lap back yourself. If you can't keep up, you deserve to be laps down.

Free enterprise at it's shining best
Money talks, bullshit walks

Early testing has the Richard Childress team up front. Hendrix may be challenged this year.

"Team" racing is bullshit. Blocking other drivers, so your teammate can win destroys the credibility of the sport. Drive arounds, and lucky dogs are bullshit too. Get the lap back yourself. If you can't keep up, you deserve to be laps down.

Too bad it's about money and not about racing. THAT...is bullshit.

Too bad it's about money and not about racing. THAT...is bullshit.

Do you say the same about any other professional sports?

It will be interesting to see how the new Chase rules work. I read that they are the "anti-Johnson" rules.

The Daytona 500 sucks

43 cars in single file drafting for 500 miles. Looks like a parade

Rarely do all 43 cars stay in single file for long.
They are racers, they want to get to the front.

Well, the good news is you can change the channel.

Maybe, if you are lucky, there will be a Little Miss Pageant you can watch.

That's the best part about racing. You can come back in a couple hours without missing a thing. Look! Another left turn!

The Daytona 500 sucks

43 cars in single file drafting for 500 miles. Looks like a parade

That's the best part about racing. You can come back in a couple hours without missing a thing. Look! Another left turn!

The perfect sport for binge napping....:clap2: I do it all the time!

Auto racing (I have read) is the #2 spectator "sport" in the U.S., behind only football.

Fortunately, auto racing covers a lot of ground: drag racing, formula, NASCAR, SCCA.

The only race I would pay to see is the Vintage Grand Prix in Pittsburgh's Schenley Park. A hundred crazy bastards driving fantastic old cars around a beautiful city park. It doesn't get any better than that.

And it's free.

The perfect sport for binge napping....:clap2: I do it all the time!

Come on the stick and ball sports can be equally boring if not more so....
Baseball? basically a snooze fest. Only generates interest as the playoff approaches.
Golf? Hell the announcers even whisper so they don't wake the audience.

Last edited:
Auto racing (I have read) is the #2 spectator "sport" in the U.S., behind only football.

Do you say the same about any other professional sports?

The WWE claims to be the #1 spectator sport. I think they all use the same refs.

I consider WWE to be more Theater, than sport.

Haystack Calhoun and Wahoo McDaniel...remember those guys?

Wahoo McDaniel, not from wrestling but rather when he played for the Miami Dolphins.

So you think number 3 up front will increase the ratings? Oh those sneaky NASCAR guys......Now a silhouette of the man himself in the sky and many 3 fans will pass out.

Thanks goodness that dead period between the NFL season and NASCAR will soon be over. And the number 3 is back in the lead....:clap2:

Forum List

Back