The Daytona 500 is today and it's sold out. 101 thousand fans in the stands.

Full disclosure. I watched the race but It couldn't hold my attention. While going to the track is a lot of fun I just can't watch it on tv anymore. Between the ridiculous rule changes over the years and all the iconic drivers being gone I just can't get invested in it on my tv.

The OP was first I heard that the race was today. Not a NASCAR fan but will tune in Daytona when I remember. Likewise with Indy. Just as often as not, the first I hear that there was a race that day is later that night when I catch news of the winner. Hope all went safely. Regarding the politics, what others do during the Star Spangle Banner is their business and I don't make it mine.

Best pre-event traditions I've enjoyed watching:
  1. Kate Smith's "God Bless America" before Philadelphia Flyers games
  2. Jim Nabors' "Back Home in Indiana" before Indy
  3. "The Star Spangle Banner" before any baseball game
Other than that all I want to hear is "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" during the 7th inning stretch. And being from the Buckeye State originally, maybe Script Ohio once every 10 years.

Last edited:
Do you suppose the drivers will kneel? Will there be political posturing by them or their crews? Is this the last US sport to remain untainted politically or socially?

I personally haven't watched NASCAR in many years but may tune in today when I get home.

The losers who can't drive a real race car like F1 were there.
MAGA. We're Driving the WORLD loser cars in NASCAR!

Really F1 you mean the Fast Parade with no passing?
How many cars do they field now, 12?
F1 is just a step above Formula E
BTW F1 Drivers who tried NASCAR were not competitive and did noot last long.
In fact a well known F1 driver competing at Daytona ran into a jet drier during a caution lap

Race cars

1488188665969.jpg
..\

b7019ad2c8a0ccbe20bae800e09211be--810x446_c.jpg

7088fd5bff318527a16c358816793f59--audi-r-audi-sport.jpg

Not a race car that matters.....aka..Joke racing.

martin-truex-jr-chevrolet-monster-energy-nascar-cup-series-kobalt-400-12032017_gi8m6xjcjp0x14t4p9zz182m5.jpg

D1zmION.jpg

No joke racing cars beat real racing cars.

Do you suppose the drivers will kneel? Will there be political posturing by them or their crews? Is this the last US sport to remain untainted politically or socially?

I personally haven't watched NASCAR in many years but may tune in today when I get home.

In fact a well known F1 driver competing at Daytona ran into a jet drier during a caution lap
Although I don't like racing "spprts"...F1 Is more interesting than going around in circles like NASCAR.

Is this the last US sport to remain untainted politically or socially?

Driving a car isn't a 'sport' first of all. As far as political taint though, if they're not playing a national anthem --- and like real sports there's no reason they would ---- then yes they would be untainted.

I wouldn't bet on it though. The jingoists have been foisting this mob mentality shit for literally a hundred years.
Watching cars going around and around on a track is really Low IQ entertainment

Race cars

1488188665969.jpg
..\

b7019ad2c8a0ccbe20bae800e09211be--810x446_c.jpg

7088fd5bff318527a16c358816793f59--audi-r-audi-sport.jpg

Not a race car that matters.....aka..Joke racing.

martin-truex-jr-chevrolet-monster-energy-nascar-cup-series-kobalt-400-12032017_gi8m6xjcjp0x14t4p9zz182m5.jpg

D1zmION.jpg

No joke racing cars beat real racing cars.
You're an idiot. Kids race go karts and adults race bicycles but by your standards they are not race machines...

Driving a car isn't a 'sport' first of all. As far as political taint though, if they're not playing a national anthem --- and like real sports there's no reason they would ---- then yes they would be untainted.

I wouldn't bet on it though. The jingoists have been foisting this mob mentality shit for literally a hundred years.
Same could be said for golf, in fact the same could be said for all stick and ball sports

You sound like an antisocial introvert. What sport requires intellectual capacity to watch?

Driving a car isn't a 'sport' first of all
How many here have driven a car 500 miles at speeds of anywhere between 160-175 mph with 40 other cars all around you going at the same speed? If you have feel free to say auto racing is not a sport if not maybe you should try it then see how you feel.
Haven't been an astronaut either...doesn't make space travel a sport.

How many here have driven a car 500 miles at speeds of anywhere between 160-175 mph with 40 other cars all around you going at the same speed? If you have feel free to say auto racing is not a sport if not maybe you should try it then see how you feel.
However your post shows that you certainly took up space in school

Wow that's impressive convoluted logic.

Forum List

Back