The Daytona 500 is today and it's sold out. 101 thousand fans in the stands.

Do you suppose the drivers will kneel? Will there be political posturing by them or their crews? Is this the last US sport to remain untainted politically or socially?

I personally haven't watched NASCAR in many years but may tune in today when I get home.

I broke my television new years Eve promise last night and put in my CD in and watched again Dale winning Daytona in 1998.

Do you suppose the drivers will kneel? Will there be political posturing by them or their crews? Is this the last US sport to remain untainted politically or socially?

I personally haven't watched NASCAR in many years but may tune in today when I get home.
Dumbest "sport" in the planet. Cars going around in circles.
No that honor could easily go to golf, tennis or basketball

And if athletes, media, youngsters, artists, most American are expressing their feelings maybe is time to listen.
Just because a minority managed to vote it the Orange, they can't silence the majority
WTF are you trying togt across? Is English your first language?

And if athletes, media, youngsters, artists, most American are expressing their feelings maybe is time to listen.
Just because a minority managed to vote it the Orange, they can't silence the majority

This spelling NazI just fvcked up some spelling. First language though.

This spelling NazI just fvcked up some spelling. First language though.
Where was I trying to correct his spelling? His post was incoherrent and made no sense, and my HP Laptop keyboard sucks.

I enjoyed racing when young. After your mid twenties though you notice it is just another day where cars go around in circles for 3 hours. It looks the same every time after you've seen it 10 times. It almost looks just like setting up the toy race track you had as a kid in an oval and go round and round and round. Great fun for a few days then you realize it gets old and stale.

Races where they go through the countryside and towns and the scenery changes constantly I can see watching. This round and round thing I think just becomes wait for the crash theater.

Not to get off subject but today marks the 17 year anniversary of the Earnhardt crash. Dale was my most favorite.

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly

Nope is not. And NASCAR is dumb.

Tennis requires quickness, agility, hand/eye coordination and finesse, not to mention racquet handling.

That's a sport.

I have to admit I do not like watching NASCAR, But it is most definitely a sport. That video really shows that it is a sport.
Some say running up and down the field kicking a ball is a sport, I guess you could say so and I guess you can say that it is not. I would say almost anyone can run up and down the field kicking a ball but I say at the same time very few have the ability to drive in NASCAR.

I enjoyed racing when young. After your mid twenties though you notice it is just another day where cars go around in circles for 3 hours. It looks the same every time after you've seen it 10 times. It almost looks just like setting up the toy race track you had as a kid in an oval and go round and round and round. Great fun for a few days then you realize it gets old and stale.

Races where they go through the countryside and towns and the scenery changes constantly I can see watching. This round and round thing I think just becomes wait for the crash theater.

All they have to do is, instead of driving 500 miles in a circle, make the track a figure-8.

I'd watch that.

All they have to do is, instead of driving 500 miles in a circle, make the track a figure-8.

I'd watch that.

But they'd have to explain that to the drivers.

"Ok these new tracks have a part where you, now hold on to yourself, have to turn right"
"Right? What's that? No no, my contract says I turn left left left then finish. I'm going back to midget racing."

I have to admit I do not like watching NASCAR, But it is most definitely a sport. That video really shows that it is a sport.
Some say running up and down the field kicking a ball is a sport, I guess you could say so and I guess you can say that it is not. I would say almost anyone can run up and down the field kicking a ball but I say at the same time very few have the ability to drive in NASCAR.

You think drag racing is a "sport"? Demolition derbying?

Here's the thing. We've developed self-driving cars. That means you could run an entire Daytona 500 with no humans driving at all.

Still think it's a "sport"? Ever seen a robot play baseball?

And if there was a wreck there would be no injuries.

I'd watch that.

But they'd have to explain that to the drivers.

"Ok these new tracks have a part where you, now hold on to yourself, have to turn right"
"Right? What's that? No no, my contract says I turn left left left then finish. I'm going back to midget racing."

It's not the right turns so much as the intersection where the lanes cross each other. No traffic light, just take yer chances. And I'd build the track with a high wall so you could never see if anybody's coming or not.

Here's the thing. We've developed self-driving cars. That means you could run an entire Daytona 500 with no humans driving at all.

Like I said I’m not a fan of NASCAR.
But the drivers are most definitely athletes, no doubt about it.
To Play professional basketball one of the requirements is to be a thug...
I guess one could call soccer a sport, but millions and millions of people are great at it. It’s not a very skilled sport I guess.

Now there's a thought. All these 'teams' will now have a driver-less car and the star of the team will be the software engineer that can write the best program so their car wins.

Forum List

Back