The Cruel and Unusual Execution of Clayton Lockett

Is that all you got?

I am waiting on you to expand on it. You don't really have anything to debate with there.

What I am asking is what is your response to people who don't think life in prison for certain types of murder is punishment enough, and what if they are relations of the victim(s)?

Well, my response has not changed. First, if you can't nail them correct 100 percent of the time then don't do it. Two, the state takes on the role of the victim. Period.

And three, if you are going to continue to try to do.......don't screw it up.

Again, what is the real difference between incarcerating someone for 50 years and having them die naturally and executing one after 20 years if both are innocent?

In fact, you have a better shot of clearing the guy on death row because of all the attention on him, and the legally mandated appeals.

If you don't placate the survivors of the victim enough times, they will take the law into their own hands, and to me they would be justified.

This: there is no chance if he/she is dead. That one is obvious.

No. You don't have a better shot.

Again. The state takes on the role of the victim.

Dead in 50 versus dead in 20 is just as dead.

Yes, you do. Appeals are automatic with the DP, people care more about DP cases and invest more in the appeals.

The state takes the role of the victim with the consent of the victim or the victims survivors. If that consent is withdrawn by enough victims, the State loses its ability to be the arbiter of justice.

Murderers and other criminals made their decision to victimize others. What happens to them from then on is on them. In the case of a murderer in particular, the very sickest and depraved method of termination from the best 1980s gore flick movie directors can come up with is too good for them.

You are a psychopath and should probably be locked up.

I am waiting on you to expand on it. You don't really have anything to debate with there.

What I am asking is what is your response to people who don't think life in prison for certain types of murder is punishment enough, and what if they are relations of the victim(s)?

Well, my response has not changed. First, if you can't nail them correct 100 percent of the time then don't do it. Two, the state takes on the role of the victim. Period.

And three, if you are going to continue to try to do.......don't screw it up.

Again, what is the real difference between incarcerating someone for 50 years and having them die naturally and executing one after 20 years if both are innocent?

In fact, you have a better shot of clearing the guy on death row because of all the attention on him, and the legally mandated appeals.

If you don't placate the survivors of the victim enough times, they will take the law into their own hands, and to me they would be justified.

This: there is no chance if he/she is dead. That one is obvious.

No. You don't have a better shot.

Again. The state takes on the role of the victim.

Dead in 50 versus dead in 20 is just as dead.

Yes, you do. Appeals are automatic with the DP, people care more about DP cases and invest more in the appeals.

The state takes the role of the victim with the consent of the victim or the victims survivors. If that consent is withdrawn by enough victims, the State loses its ability to be the arbiter of justice.

First: appeals are for procedural errors only. They aren't retrying the case.

Two: from the moment that the prosecutor files charges the state represents the victim. Period.

Prolong the execution process so the pain and suffering is EQUAL to that of the perp's victim. If multiple victims, get almost there for each one and bring the perp back up then start over. Continue per victim. Oh, allow about 10-days between "procedures".

Forum List

Back