The Continued Pussification of America...

Generalities have their proper uses even if used in criticizing the new religion of entertainment to ward us from the demons of boredom.

But that's just it. There is nothing "new" about it. Entertainment is as old as mankind.

Lol, these are cyclic forms of behavior so of course they have happened before. But just because the Byzantines also had entertainment empires does not mean that such empires are safe and harmless.

The Byzantines are no longer with us if you haven't noticed.

Collapse of the Western Roman Empire
In the 5th – 7th century, the Eastern Roman or Byzantine Empire was a continuation of the Roman Empire. The loss of the Western territories in the 5th century led to the loss of some important cities such as Rome. The creation of the Germanic states of the Franks, Visigoths, Ostrogoths and later of the Lombards out of the rubble of the Western Roman Empire meant that in time they would seek to challenge the authority of the Eastern Roman Empire. General Flavius Belisarius under Justinian I in the early 6th century made a serious attempt to recover the western half; however his gains were short-lived and poorly planned out – resources and troops that could have been used to defeat the Persians were diverted forcing the Byzantines into tribute and diplomacy to deal with this Eastern threat. The loss of the western territories led to the Patriarch of Rome achieving greater independence from Byzantium, which no longer provided adequate protection to the Pope. Consequently, the Holy See and Byzantium would have disagreements, culminating in the schism of 1054 and the disaster of the Fourth Crusade in the 13th century.

I know knowledge NEVER enters your conversations ......

How does entertainment fit into the above factual account and why is it not mentioned if such a relevant factor??

That these people were more concerned about their chariot races for centuries while their nation lost territory over and over and over shows the problem that entertainment caused; distraction from reality.

But bootlicking shit-for-brains like you will never stop fighting to get a seat at the next race, no matter what, you fool.

Thank you for documenting your reply so well, I mean when you look at the body of both our works in this thread alone there is no doubt who is in charge........
2ndAmendment called me a tyrant yesterday, but I did not even get a chance to ask him why ......
Actually there was no need to ask him "WHY", I knew already, I can own little bitches like him and you..........
You have no intelligent response only vile words, childish name calling and foaming mouth rants to go to!!

Lol you say as you engage in ad hominem and unwarranted assertions.

You are a loud mouthed idiot.

Go piss up a rope, I don't waste time on trolls, bitch

Which is exactly why your cocksucking ass posted that reply!!
ROFLMMFAO

Yes, I can spare a moment, but I don't bother with links and reasoned counter arguments when the trolls like you are incapable of understanding them anyway.

This is just evident of how run of the mill boring your type of thinking is ........
A troll dangles bait in an attempt to start an endless conversation, ie:which came first the chicken or the egg??, if a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound??, is glass a liquid or a solid??, etc, etc ......
I on the other hand usually strive to put the brakes on conversations that are runaway.......

You disagree with my point of view and instead of logically representing your stance you choose tactics of attacking a person's character, etc .......

Anyway, the point I am going to make is:

I would actually be considered a "Professional Angler", I know what prey I am after, I know what equipment I need,. how big of a boat, time of day, etc, etc, etc........
I leave nothing to chance, I steer conversation the way I want them to go, I have a plan and a purpose to my post!!
Nothing is hap hazard or left to chance........

Face it, you are out matched, out thought and out classed.......

Generalities have their proper uses even if used in criticizing the new religion of entertainment to ward us from the demons of boredom.

But that's just it. There is nothing "new" about it. Entertainment is as old as mankind.

Lol, these are cyclic forms of behavior so of course they have happened before. But just because the Byzantines also had entertainment empires does not mean that such empires are safe and harmless.

In the 5th – 7th century, the Eastern Roman or Byzantine Empire was a continuation of the Roman Empire. The loss of the Western territories in the 5th century led to the loss of some important cities such as Rome. The creation of the Germanic states of the Franks, Visigoths, Ostrogoths and later of the Lombards out of the rubble of the Western Roman Empire meant that in time they would seek to challenge the authority of the Eastern Roman Empire. General Flavius Belisarius under Justinian I in the early 6th century made a serious attempt to recover the western half; however his gains were short-lived and poorly planned out – resources and troops that could have been used to defeat the Persians were diverted forcing the Byzantines into tribute and diplomacy to deal with this Eastern threat. The loss of the western territories led to the Patriarch of Rome achieving greater independence from Byzantium, which no longer provided adequate protection to the Pope. Consequently, the Holy See and Byzantium would have disagreements, culminating in the schism of 1054 and the disaster of the Fourth Crusade in the 13th century.

How does entertainment fit into the above factual account and why is it not mentioned if such a relevant factor??

That these people were more concerned about their chariot races for centuries while their nation lost territory over and over and over shows the problem that entertainment caused; distraction from reality.

But bootlicking shit-for-brains like you will never stop fighting to get a seat at the next race, no matter what, you fool.

Thank you for documenting your reply so well, I mean when you look at the body of both our works in this thread alone there is no doubt who is in charge........
2ndAmendment called me a tyrant yesterday, but I did not even get a chance to ask him why ......
Actually there was no need to ask him "WHY", I knew already, I can own little bitches like him and you..........
You have no intelligent response only vile words, childish name calling and foaming mouth rants to go to!!

ROFLMMFAO

Yes, I can spare a moment, but I don't bother with links and reasoned counter arguments when the trolls like you are incapable of understanding them anyway.

This is just evident of how run of the mill boring your type of thinking is ........
A troll dangles bait in an attempt to start an endless conversation, ie:which came first the chicken or the egg??, if a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound??, is glass a liquid or a solid??, etc, etc ......
I on the other hand usually strive to put the brakes on conversations that are runaway.......

You disagree with my point of view and instead of logically representing your stance you choose tactics of attacking a person's character, etc .......

I would actually be considered a "Professional Angler", I know what prey I am after, I know what equipment I need,. how big of a boat, time of day, etc, etc, etc........
I leave nothing to chance, I steer conversation the way I want them to go, I have a plan and a purpose to my post!!

lol, eat shit, Einstein

ROFLMMFAO

lol, eat shit, Einstein

See,you make my points for me!!

ROFLMMFAO

lol, eat shit, Einstein

There was no point made by me, idiot.

piss off

ROFLMMFAO

lol, eat shit, Einstein

piss off

You really are "that" fucking ignorant aren't you??

It's not "cyclic," it is continual, from the beginning of human civilization of any kind until today.

ROFLMMFAO

lol, eat shit, Einstein

piss off

lol, I state that made no logical point, and you claim that proves something?

Then spell it out you fucking ****.

It's not "cyclic," it is continual, from the beginning of human civilization of any kind until today.

Dude, you do know that cyclic patterns are/can be continual, right?

But if you are trying to say that entertainment empires like they had in Byzantium and we have today are *constant* features of civilizations, that is simply not true.

ROFLMMFAO

lol, eat shit, Einstein

piss off

Then spell it out you fucking ****

I highlighted the pertinent passages and your responses, see if you can connect the dots .........
ROFLMMFAO

ROFLMMFAO

lol, eat shit, Einstein

piss off

Then spell it out you fucking ****

I highlighted the pertinent passages and your responses, see if you can connect the dots .........
ROFLMMFAO

Yeah claiming you made a sold counter point to a non existing point is really convincing, idiot.

NFL, like most basketball, has been confiscated by ghetto culture and has been raped by rules changes designed to appease the ignorant TV viewer.

Yeah, these idiots think that good defense is something no one ever wanted to see, but it was half the fucking game.

NBA is the most boring thing in the world to watch...I would rather watch soccer.

But if you are trying to say that entertainment empires like they had in Byzantium and we have today are *constant* features of civilizations, that is simply not true.

"Entertainment empire" is a completely subjective label; an editorial remark that anyone in any civilization could have made at any time, were they so inclined. In other words, your assessment is meaningless beyond groundless opinion.

Forum List

Back