The Continued Pussification of America...

A kids game played by adults for many times the pay that we pay our firemen, teachers, policemen and top government officials.

The whole thing is insane. Five centuries from now historians will be referring to our professional sports leagues as the final distraction that let the corporations and terrorists destroy the USA.

A kids game played by adults for many times the pay that we pay our firemen, teachers, policemen and top government officials.

The whole thing is insane. Five centuries from now historians will be referring to our professional sports leagues as the final distraction that let the corporations and terrorists destroy the USA.

Wow, can you say "overwrought"? Calm down, champ.

No, seriously, think about it. These entertainers have soaked up so much wealth in our country for decades now and for what?

To watch people play a kids game? Seriously? And it is to the point that an NFL star has more influence on the American psyche than the greatest theologian, philosopher or statesmen ever born.

I cant tell you how many people I have run into that don't know squat about the Constitution but can name every person on the roster of every NFL football team.

Yes, the NFL and other professional sports are a distraction, bread and circuses, nothing more and those that own and run the distractions are doing it for more than just the profit.

No, seriously, think about it. These entertainers have soaked up so much wealth in our country for decades now and for what?

For entertainment. No big mystery. Playing make-believe is a children's game too, but where is the angst over what actors are paid or how much $$ Hollywood generates? It hardly signals the downfall of civilization.

This destruction of the USA you speak of ....................
Sounds like Doom and Gloom to me .....................
Knock it off "asshole" that's my gig and you are definitely loony if you think the destruction of America will come while America is distracted by a game !!
ROFLMFAO
I don't even like football, never watch it .......
How big of a batch of Kool-Aid did ya'll mix up this time??

For entertainment. No big mystery. Playing make-believe is a children's game too, but where is the angst over what actors are paid or how much $$ Hollywood generates? It hardly signals the downfall of civilization.

No, it signals the downfall of our civilization as it indicates we have lost the mindset of the Pioneer and have takne on that of the bored mob. And that never ends well.

Check this out.

Nika riots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Nika riots (Greek: Στάσις τοῦ Νίκα Stásis toû Níka), or Nika revolt, took place over the course of a week in Constantinople in AD 532. It was the most violent riot in the history of Constantinople, with nearly half the city being burned or destroyed and tens of thousands of people killed.

The ancient Roman and Byzantine empires had well-developed associations, known as demes, which supported the different factions (or teams) under which competitors in certain sporting events competed; this was particularly true of chariot racing. There were four major factional teams of chariot racing, differentiated by the colour of the uniform in which they competed; the colours were also worn by their supporters. These were the Blues, the Reds, the Greens, and the Whites, although by the Byzantine era the only teams with any influence were the Blues and Greens. Emperor Justinian I was a supporter of the Blues.

The team associations had become a focus for various social and political issues for which the general Byzantine population lacked other forms of outlet. They combined aspects of street gangs and political parties, taking positions on current issues, notably theological problems (a cause of massive, often violent argument in the fifth and sixth centuries) or claimants to the throne. They frequently tried to affect the policy of the emperors by shouting political demands between the races. The imperial forces and guards in the city could not keep order without the cooperation of the circus factions which were in turn backed by the aristocratic families of the city; this included some families who believed they had a more rightful claim to the throne than Justinian.

In 531 some members of the Blues and Greens had been arrested for murder in connection with deaths that occurred during rioting after a recent chariot race.[1] Relatively limited riots were not unknown at chariot races, similar to the football hooliganism that occasionally erupts after association football matches in modern times. The murderers were to be hanged, and most of them were. But on 10 January 532, two of them, a Blue and a Green, escaped and were taking refuge in the sanctuary of a church surrounded by an angry mob.,....

On January 13, 532, a tense and angry populace arrived at the Hippodrome for the races. The Hippodrome was next to the palace complex, and thus Justinian could watch from the safety of his box in the palace and preside over the races. From the start, the crowd had been hurling insults at Justinian. By the end of the day, at race 22, the partisan chants had changed from "Blue" or "Green" to a unified Nίκα ("Nika", meaning "Win!" or "Conquer!"), and the crowds broke out and began to assault the palace. For the next five days, the palace was under virtual siege. The fires that started during the tumult resulted in the destruction of much of the city, including the city's foremost church, the Hagia Sophia (which Justinian would later rebuild).
Some of the senators saw this as an opportunity to overthrow Justinian, as they were opposed to his new taxes and his lack of support for the nobility. The rioters, now armed and probably controlled by their allies in the Senate, also demanded that Justinian dismiss the prefect John the Cappadocian, who was responsible for tax collecting, and the quaestor Tribonian, who was responsible for rewriting the legal code. They then declared a new emperor, Hypatius, who was a nephew of former Emperor Anastasius I.
Justinian, in despair, considered fleeing, but his wife Theodora is said to have dissuaded him, saying, "Those who have worn the crown should never survive its loss. Never will I see the day when I am not saluted as empress."[2] Although an escape route across the sea lay open for the emperor, Theodora insisted that she would stay in the city, quoting an ancient saying, "Royalty is a fine burial shroud," or perhaps, "[the royal color] Purple makes a fine winding sheet."[3]
As Justinian rallied himself, he created a plan that involved Narses, a popular eunuch, as well as the generals, Belisarius and Mundus. Carrying a bag of gold given to him by Justinian, the slightly built eunuch entered the Hippodrome alone and unarmed, against a murderous mob that had already killed hundreds. Narses went directly to the Blues' section, where he approached the important Blues and reminded them that Emperor Justinian supported them over the Greens. He also reminded them that the man they were crowning, Hypatius, was a Green. Then, he distributed the gold. The Blue leaders spoke quietly with each other and then they spoke to their followers. Then, in the middle of Hypatius's coronation, the Blues stormed out of the Hippodrome. The Greens sat, stunned. Then, Imperial troops led by Belisarius and Mundus stormed into the Hippodrome, killing the remaining rebels.
About thirty thousand rioters were reportedly killed.[4] Justinian also had Hypatius executed and exiled the senators who had supported the riot. He then rebuilt Constantinople and the Hagia Sophia, and was free to establish his rule. He was also free to pursue his ultimate dream of a united Roman Empire.

We have let the damned jini out of the bottle, but it still isn't too late to put the bastard back in.

Maybe if they sold seating to watch fires, classes, robberies, and the senate they'd have the the money to pay them better... Nah, that last one would be a snooze fest.

Would you say the gladiatorial games in ancient Rome caused the downfall of their society? Actually that would be a more interesting subject to debate.

Knock it off "asshole" that's my gig and you are definitely loony if you think the destruction of America will come while America is distracted by a game !!
ROFLMFAO

Why don't you come back when you aren't high and maybe we can discuss it?

Meantime, fuck off.

Maybe if they sold seating to watch fires, classes, robberies, and the senate they'd have the the money to pay them better... Nah, that last one would be a snooze fest.

Would you say the gladiatorial games in ancient Rome caused the downfall of their society? Actually that would be a more interesting subject to debate.

Did you see my links of the Nika riots? Their sports diversions had become so much more important than REALITY that they nearly burned down their entire capital.

We see riots like that on a much smaller scale each year when some sport team wins. But there is no logical limit to how bad these riots can get nor the damage that they will do.

ROFLMFAO

Why don't you come back when you aren't high and maybe we can discuss it?

Meantime, fuck off.

So no witty comebacks ..... why am I not shocked??
I have a woman who takes care of my sexual needs but thank you for the concern ....... tell Rosy, I said hello!!

If you wanted to torture me into disclosing any and all state secrets, make me go to a football stadium on game day.

No, it signals the downfall of our civilization as it indicates we have lost the mindset of the Pioneer and have takne on that of the bored mob. And that never ends well.

LOL. Professional sports have been very popular in the US for well over a century and a half. During that time we became the most powerful and influential nation in history. Entertainment has existed as long as human settlements of any kind have. RE-lax.

Forum List

Back