the constitution

Among these are:

The right to a useful and remunerative job in the industries or shops or farms or mines of the nation;

The right to earn enough to provide adequate food and clothing and recreation;

The right of every farmer to raise and sell his products at a return which will give him and his family a decent living;

The right of every businessman, large and small, to trade in an atmosphere of freedom from unfair competition and domination by monopolies at home or abroad;

The right of every family to a decent home;

The right to adequate medical care and the opportunity to achieve and enjoy good health;

The right to adequate protection from the economic fears of old age, sickness, accident, and unemployment;

The right to a good education.

All of these rights spell security. And after this war is won we must be prepared to move forward, in the implementation of these rights, to new goals of human happiness and well-being.

America’s own rightful place in the world depends in large part upon how fully these and similar rights have been carried into practice for our citizens.

This is just Horrible!

Imagine people in the richest nation on earth wanting a decent education, a roof over their head, food. clothing, care when they are too old to work

What the hell was FDR thinking?

No one has the right to have these given to them, especially at the expense of others.

Ummmm....where does it say "given"

It's very simple. People have been dumbed DOWN to not KNOW the Constitution, and have been lulled into thinking that Government CAN do these things with impunity.

It's that simple, and it's by design of the Statists that IGNORE their OATH of office.

To the Statist? The Constitution is an Impediment to their designs of ultimate control over those that have employed them. (Try Over-riding YOUR BOSS at work and see how FAR that gets you)?

The Constitution was a list of RULES for Government to follow that made Government beholden to their employers (The States/PEOPLE).

It's intent isn't taught any longer and it's by design.

Why else hasn't the Department of Education (FEDERAL) been abolished yet?

The Constitution states quite frankly/succincintly what the Government MAY NOT DO.

The Government has been in violation of it for DECADES, and inactin BY THE PEOPLE has given them the GREEN LIGHT to continue what they are doing.

NONE or very FEW politicians take their OATH seriously, otherwise they wouldn't VIOL:ATE it as they are doing NOW, and so brazenly as we have seen, and that includes the POTUS who is the LARGEST LIAR of them ALL.

Moral Absolutism V.S. Moral Relativism, or a Relative response to relative circumstance using Absolute Justification? When one makes a choice tailored to the specific circumstance that is rational and just, based on weighted importance and relevance why does it so much end up in a 5/4 split? Surely not everything is getting worked out. Things are missed entirely, things are misapplied. What kind of an example is that?

most problems are not black and white or are capable of black and white resolutions. If an issue has gone to the high court, that ALREADY means there isn't agreement among jurists.

that's life... and that's why I laugh at the pretend constitutionalists who think THEY know exactly how the document should be construed. Brilliant minds have disagreed on these issues for 200 years and some person on a messageboard thinks THEY have THE answer? Heck, you can't even get 10 civil court judges in ny to agree on what prima facie is in a no fault case! but on issues as complicates as reproductive choice or social security or respondeat superior there's supposed to be only ONE answer? it's kinda funny... (not referring to you, btw, just opining).

what do you mean "example"?

What Fucking Revision Of the Statist Constitution are you reading?

Our 200 plus year old Constitution desperately needs to be revised. The problem is that I for one do not trust our modern politicians to do the job in a nonpartisan way. So we will undoubtedly continue to nod and wink at the Constitution, which is better at this point than actually attempting to follow it.

So are you going to insult me too?

Doug

Our 200 plus year old Constitution desperately needs to be revised. The problem is that I for one do not trust our modern politicians to do the job in a nonpartisan way. So we will undoubtedly continue to nod and wink at the Constitution, which is better at this point than actually attempting to follow it.

Doug

We want to Amend Very Carefully. We want to Voice All Concerns and discuss before rushing into anything. Do not trust the Pricks! Take nothing for granted. One Point at at time. Better right than rushed.

When something is Principled, it is Justified. Truth does not change. Perception does. We Govern by Reason, apply to circumstance. We do this living in the present. Stop with all the scheming, you are bringing down the whole system. Our current state of being is shameful because of corruption and misdirection. Small Leaders in way over their heads. They don't need any more excuses. It's put up or shut up time.

Doug

We want to Amend Very Carefully. We want to Voice All Concerns and discuss before rushing into anything. Do not trust the Pricks! Take nothing for granted. One Point at at time. Better right than rushed.
I agree completely in principle. But things are so partisan now that we could never muster the 3/4 vote to amend anything.

For example, hopefully we can agree that America cannot exist outside the world's trade markets and retain any kind of prosperity. But other countries fund scientific research, save their own manufacturers money with nationalized health care and prop up their manufacturing base with many other methods.

Although you could never fund scientific research under a strict reading of the Constitution, if we do not, we will fall behind, and lose whatever technological trade advantages we have.

There are probably hundreds of examples of things like this. The government does well at funding things that are either too expensive for private industry, or not profitable enough for private in industry. So we therefore have hundreds of examples of things that we virtually MUST do to keep prosperity.

And every single one of these things would be fought by one party or the other if we attempted to amend the Constitution.

In my opinion of course...

Doug

Rights, Powers and Duties
On every question of construction [of the Constitution] let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or intended against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.
— Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826), letter to Judge William Johnson, (from Monticello, June 12, 1823)

If, in the opinion of the people, the distribution or modification of the constitutional powers be in any particular wrong, let it be corrected by an amendment in the way which the Constitution designates. But let there be no change by usurpation; for though this, in one instance, may be the instrument of good, it is the customary weapon by which free governments are destroyed.
— George Washington, Farewell Address, 1796

Do not separate text from historical background. If you do, you will have perverted and subverted the Constitution, which can only end in a distorted, bastardized form of illegitimate government.
— James Madison

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Potestas stricte interpretatur. A power is strictly interpreted.

In dubiis, non praesumitur pro potentia. In cases of doubt, the presumption is not in favor of a power.

Rights, Powers and Duties

About as clear a violation as there ever has been.

Really? The state violated the constitutional rights of private citizens, and the federal government stepped in and defended those rights. How exactly is that a violation of the Constitution?

Because there was no Constitutional right to buy contraception. The Court invented that right out of thin air.
btw, i should probably tell you that you can assume I know what you're talking about. I've been making my living at the practice of law for quite a while. ;)

As have I; however, I don't presume that being an attorney gives my opinions any more validity than anyone else's.

I assume you're a Constitutional lawyer?

Last edited:

Doug

I agree completely in principle. But things are so partisan now that we could never muster the 3/4 vote to amend anything.

For example, hopefully we can agree that America cannot exist outside the world's trade markets and retain any kind of prosperity. But other countries fund scientific research, save their own manufacturers money with nationalized health care and prop up their manufacturing base with many other methods.

Although you could never fund scientific research under a strict reading of the Constitution, if we do not, we will fall behind, and lose whatever technological trade advantages we have.

There are probably hundreds of examples of things like this. The government does well at funding things that are either too expensive for private industry, or not profitable enough for private in industry. So we therefore have hundreds of examples of things that we virtually MUST do to keep prosperity.

And every single one of these things would be fought by one party or the other if we attempted to amend the Constitution.

In my opinion of course...

Doug

We need Reform. It must be through due process. Search out the root, and deal with it, and there will be less off shoots.

Summary of
Constitutional Rights, Powers and Duties
Discussions of rights are sometimes confused concerning what are and are not rights of the people or powers of government or the duties of each. This is an attempt to summarize the rights, powers, and duties recognized or established in the U.S. Constitution, in Common Law as it existed at the time the U.S. Constitution was adopted, or as implied therein. Not included are certain "internal" rights and powers that pertain to the various elements of government within each level with respect to each other.
Constitutional Rights, Powers and Duties

The constitution needs updating. Don't you heartless conservatives understand that our peoples have a right to free healthcare, a right to have a free house to live in, and a right to have a government job that you can never lose? It is so sad that we don't already do this for our peoples. Our peoples need help. Help the peoples. Help the childrens. Do it for the childrens. Do it for FDR. The Government is the answer to every question. I gotta go, I have a boil on my ass, I am going to the US Dept of Ass boil removal. They'll fix me right up.

Here is FDR's 2nd Bill of Rights.

When you get done getting your ass fixed.. Can you please find the word free in FDR's bill??

I will agree on one point.. I do believe that the constitution needs to be updated for the times and perhaps have a few things added..

But since your are the expert here.. Can you please explain why gay marriage isn't legal in all states when the 14th amendment makes it legal..

Last edited:
The constitution needs updating. Don't you heartless conservatives understand that our peoples have a right to free healthcare, a right to have a free house to live in, and a right to have a government job that you can never lose? It is so sad that we don't already do this for our peoples. Our peoples need help. Help the peoples. Help the childrens. Do it for the childrens. Do it for FDR. The Government is the answer to every question. I gotta go, I have a boil on my ass, I am going to the US Dept of Ass boil removal. They'll fix me right up.

When you get done getting your ass fixed.. Can you please find the word free in FDR's bill??

I will agree on one point.. I do believe that the constitution needs to be updated for the times and perhaps have a few things added..

But since your are the expert here.. Can you please explain why gay marriage isn't legal in all states when the 14th amendment makes it legal..

If it's a RIGHT that would imply it should be GIVEN, sheezix. I have the RIGHT to free speech because it's GIVEN to me. I don't have the RIGHT to a Ferrari because to acquire one, I'd have to pay for it. Same goes for a home, food, shelter, and health care. I buy all of these things with the money I EARN.

BTW the Fourteenth Amendment doesn't make gay marriage legal boss.

Last edited:

If it's a RIGHT that would imply it should be GIVEN, sheezix. I have the RIGHT to free speech because it's GIVEN to me. I don't have the RIGHT to a Ferrari because to acquire one, I'd have to earn it. Same goes for a home, food, shelter, and health care. I buy all of these things with the money I EARN.

Must be a hard concept? We all have the right to persue happiness as well.. But FDR never said that a house would be free.. You have to right to live in one.. But you don't have to right to be given one for free.. I fail to see how this concept misses you..

I guess you can go live in a box then since obviosly nothing that isn't free can be given to you??

WAIT! The right to bear arms?? Why aren't you going to balistic on the fact that you have to buy a gun??

And yes the 14th amendment does make it legal..

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

In short that means that all laws apply to everyone.. Which means that marriage laws apply to homosexuals..

Moron!

Last edited:

If it's a RIGHT that would imply it should be GIVEN, sheezix. I have the RIGHT to free speech because it's GIVEN to me. I don't have the RIGHT to a Ferrari because to acquire one, I'd have to earn it. Same goes for a home, food, shelter, and health care. I buy all of these things with the money I EARN.

Must be a hard concept? We all have the right to persue happiness as well.. But FDR never said that a house would be free.. You have to right to live in one.. But you don't have to right to be given one for free.. I fail to see how this concept misses you..

I guess you can go live in a box then since obviosly nothing that isn't free can be given to you??

WAIT! The right to bear arms?? Why aren't you going to balistic on the fact that you have to buy a gun??

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

In short that means that all laws apply to everyone.. Which means that marriage laws apply to homosexuals..

Moron!

FDR trampled The Constitution.

FDR's Second Bill of Rights

It is our duty now to begin to lay the plans and determine the strategy for the winning of a lasting peace and the establishment of an American standard of living higher than ever before known. We cannot be content, no matter how high that general standard of living may be, if some fraction of our people—whether it be one-third or one-fifth or one-tenth—is ill-fed, ill-clothed, ill-housed, and insecure.

This Republic had its beginning, and grew to its present strength, under the protection of certain inalienable political rights—among them the right of free speech, free press, free worship, trial by jury, freedom from unreasonable searches and seizures. They were our rights to life and liberty.

As our nation has grown in size and stature, however—as our industrial economy expanded—these political rights proved inadequate to assure us equality in the pursuit of happiness.

We have come to a clear realization of the fact that true individual freedom cannot exist without economic security and independence. “Necessitous men are not free men.” People who are hungry and out of a job are the stuff of which dictatorships are made.

In our day these economic truths have become accepted as self-evident. We have accepted, so to speak, a second Bill of Rights under which a new basis of security and prosperity can be established for all—regardless of station, race, or creed.

Among these are:

The right to a useful and remunerative job in the industries or shops or farms or mines of the nation;

The right to earn enough to provide adequate food and clothing and recreation;

The right of every farmer to raise and sell his products at a return which will give him and his family a decent living;

The right of every businessman, large and small, to trade in an atmosphere of freedom from unfair competition and domination by monopolies at home or abroad;

The right of every family to a decent home;

The right to adequate medical care and the opportunity to achieve and enjoy good health;

The right to adequate protection from the economic fears of old age, sickness, accident, and unemployment;

The right to a good education.

All of these rights spell security. And after this war is won we must be prepared to move forward, in the implementation of these rights, to new goals of human happiness and well-being.

America’s own rightful place in the world depends in large part upon how fully these and similar rights have been carried into practice for our citizens.

We adopted these "second bill of rights" when? Try NEVER. You may want to ponder this little equation... Trading rights for security leads to tyranny. Reference the "Patroit" Act as an example.

Lulz! Then whose house are these people going to live in? Yours? You have the right to live in wherever you can afford (house, trailer, mobile home, cardboard box).

I'd prefer it that way.
Wow you're dense.

I have the right to BEAR (carry) arms. I don't have the right to have them given to me.

Moron!
Seeing as how homosexuals have the right to get married, I'd not sure who the moron is.

Forum List

Back