the constitution

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MikeHoncho, Oct 14, 2009.

1. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10
    when did it become irrelevant? it seems whenever BIG GOVERNMENT on both sides of the aisle deems something a "crises" they completely dismiss the constitution and ram something through. why is this?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Elutherian

Elutherian BadMother****er

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Because people stopped paying attention. Also losing the rights to secession and nullification played a big role.

At this point I think we'd be better off with the Articles of Confederation.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10
    why wouldnt we be better off just adhering to and upholding our current document?

4. Elutherian

Elutherian BadMother****er

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Cause it obviously didn't work... it was a great idea, but the AOC would be a better safegaurd of our liberties.

And beyond that... I think we should rethink the very concept of a State entirely.

5. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Cause it obviously didn't work... it was a great idea, but the AOC would be a better safegaurd of our liberties.

And beyond that... I think we should rethink the very concept of a State entirely.[/QUOTE]

i beleive the issue is the individual. people are too stupid to read between the lines of BIG Government. people get greedy, or dare i say lazy. instead of working for something they would rather wait and subscribe to a false leadership of someone who says they'll just give it to you. the constitution is fine, its our trust that our governement took advantage of.

6. Intense

Intense Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,863
    If we were able to put boundaries on Health and Welfare, and reapply Enumerated Powers we will have years of Toilet flushing ahead. With each flush though, more Liberty and Equal Justice, not Equal Distribution, should have more of a chance. Hamilton started it. He was not bulletproof, neither is his reasoning and false justification. We do have the Power to retain the best of It and make it stronger, where it failed in the past. Redo Equal Justice to further support the Individual Being, Call it the Thoreau Amendment Start out With People are not Property, :):):).

7. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,540
    Mike

Please explain what has been dismissed in the Constitution

8. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,439
    what part of the constitution, specifically, do you believe is now being abrogated that wasn't abrogated over the past eight years?

9. Zander

Zander Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,895
    The constitution needs updating. Don't you heartless conservatives understand that our peoples have a right to free healthcare, a right to have a free house to live in, and a right to have a government job that you can never lose? It is so sad that we don't already do this for our peoples. Our peoples need help. Help the peoples. Help the childrens. Do it for the childrens. Do it for FDR. The Government is the answer to every question. I gotta go, I have a boil on my ass, I am going to the US Dept of Ass boil removal. They'll fix me right up.

Here is FDR's 2nd Bill of Rights.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  10. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10

i said both sides of the aisle. this isnt something where i pick and choose where the constitution has been trampled on. as much as i agree with the premise of what the patriot act serves, it still infringes on my right to privacy on my OWN property. not to mention all the entitlement programs what were forced through, while the country was down on its knees looking for help. any time the government takes from my property without my consent and uses it for their choosing they are trampling on the constitution.