The Constitution in a Multicultural Society

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. The fact is, the Constitution, the 'law of the land,' may not be consistent with what many wish for, a multicultural society.

2. The Constitution promises freedom of thought, and of speech, yet any criticism of minority cultures, or any aspect of same endorsed by the elites, is censored from the public debate as gauche, impolite, ignorant, .....even cause for dismissal from one's employment, e.g., BrendanEich.

a. On the other hand, upon entering this nation illegally, one is perfectly able to reside, even as an antagonist, and enjoy all of the rights and privileges that are the reward of citizenship.
See Emerson, "American Jihad: The Terrorists Living Among Us."

3. Those who doubt that we can have a successful 'multicultural society' advocate an alternative idea, e.g., we should desire a political culture based on pride in this nation, with the country as the object of a common loyalty, and a secular view of law in which religion is a concern of family and society, but not of the state.
My view.

a. As a group, Liberals are largely in favor of the balkanization that follows multiculturalism.

"Liberals care less - Pew divided their sample into different categories across the left-right political spectrum. When asked if respondents “often feel proud to be American,” a majority of strong liberals, 60 percent, said no.
The only group that solidly agreed with the statement was conservatives, ranging from 72 percent to 81 percent."
Stunner: 44 percent not proud to be American | WashingtonExaminer.com

4. Often, the center of the argument is the question of religion. Is there room for religion in the public arena???

My pal, ErroneousJoe, wrote this: "And if you Wingnuts think theocracy is so bad, why do you keep trying to impose one here?"

It seems obvious that, for the Left, religion should be excluded from all state related functions, that there must be some sort of fanatical expulsion of faith that has been practiced in America.
Not so: Religion should invest social institutions in which citizens engage: there is no reason that prayers should not occur in schools, which, after all, are not political institutions but are social institutions funded by the state. No one that I know of is endorsing religious control of the state.

a. The Constitution takes precedence over religious loyalties.
That is true for two of the three major religions.

5. Why the sudden need for 'multi-cultures' in the nation?
What is the culture of America?

Enterprise, freedom, and pursuit of success. What follows is this announcement when viewing success: "Congratulations! It is wonderful to see what you've built!" Our heritage is one in which freedom of the individual is the highest aim of government.
Scruton, "The West and The Rest."

At least, that was true in an earlier iteration of this nation.

a. It is more than surprising to see Americans tricked into believing in the collective, with the motto "You didn't build that!"

'Shocking' is the term that comes to mind.

Liberals gain power by balkanizing the American people and pitting us against one another. Without that, they have nothing.

bal·kan·iz·ing to break up (as a region or group) into smaller and often hostile units

Yes, let's round up all the darkies, homos, intellectuals, and Muslims and put them in FEMA camps. Then gas them.

Down with multiculturalism! Homogeneity forever! We must secure the existence of our people and a future for White Children. Sieg Heil!

Vote for the New GOP to save Amerika.

4fe3n.jpg

Last edited:
It's conservatives who want to shift power down to the 50 separate states, which is literally Balkanization.

If any of you dispute that, you can start with the definition:

Balkanization, or Balkanisation, is a geopolitical term, originally used to describe the process of fragmentation or division of a region or state into smaller regions or states that are often hostile or non-cooperative with one another.

...that is almost exactly what 'state's rights' entail.

It's conservatives who want to shift power down to the 50 separate states, which is literally Balkanization.

Balkanization, or Balkanisation, is a geopolitical term, originally used to describe the process of fragmentation or division of a region or state into smaller regions or states that are often hostile or non-cooperative with one another.

Shift? it's the liberals who are doing the shifting. Away from our constitution which unties us.

Well I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Every day, your posts are either lies or obfuscation, designed to change the subject.

Every day, your posts are either lies or obfuscation, designed to change the subject.

Changing the subject?

So you didn't say this in the OP?

"Liberals are largely in favor of the balkanization..."

lol

When specific citizens are singled out and isolated from the rest of society merely for the color of their skin, when standards are lowered for them, when they are largely forgiven their transgressions, their experience under any constitution is going to be distorted compared to that of everyone else.

1. The fact is, the Constitution, the 'law of the land,' may not be consistent with what many wish for, a multicultural society.

2. The Constitution promises freedom of thought, and of speech, yet any criticism of minority cultures, or any aspect of same endorsed by the elites, is censored from the public debate as gauche, impolite, ignorant, .....even cause for dismissal from one's employment, e.g., BrendanEich.

When did I lose my constitutional right to make fun of mentally retarded South Korean squatters?

Changing the subject?

lol

I said nothing about your new direction, federalism.

As I said, either you lie or change the subject.

It has become a parlor game to try to guess which mode you will use each time.

When specific citizens are singled out and isolated from the rest of society merely for the color of their skin, when standards are lowered for them, when they are largely forgiven their transgressions, their experience under any constitution is going to be distorted compared to that of everyone else.

1. When Obama, or other politicians, appeal for the black vote, it is on the basis of felt grievances and presumed oppression. It is a worthy pursuit to seek the explanation for this view among a large segment of black population. It wasn’t the result of the slavery and/or the Civil War.
  2. It was the misfortune of black Americans that they were just on the verge of passing through the immigrant experience when damaging ideas about welfare and the lenient attitude about crime took hold. It could have happened to the Italians, Germans, Jews or Irish, but luckily for them, there were no Liberals around to “help” when they arrived. Coulter, "Mugged"
  3. In fact, black Americans were doing better in individual pursuits than many immigrants. Barone compared their American journey to the Irish: “Both rise smartly in hierarchies (government bureaucracies, the military) but haven't fared as well in free-market commerce.” http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/articles/941114/archive_013670.htm

Changing the subject?

lol

You're an anti-federalist, not a federalist.

State's rights seek divide the country.

When did I lose my constitutional right to make fun of mentally retarded South Korean squatters?

Guicciardini anticipated your racist comment:

“The fact that others dislike any one being superior to themselves ensures that whenever this happens, these men are destroyed.”

Francesco Guicciardini, Dialogue on the Government of Florence

Of course, it requires one of higher skill and education to be successful at what you attempt.

Yes, let's round up all the darkies, homos, intellectuals, and Muslims and put them in FEMA camps. Then gas them.

Down with multiculturalism! Homogeneity forever! We must secure the existence of our people and a future for White Children. Sieg Heil!

4fe3n.jpg

Your simian countenance suggests a heritage unusually rich in species diversity.

"They want to throw white children and colored children into the melting pot of integration, through out of which will come a conglomerated mulatto MONGREL class of people."

Conservatives want to weaken the Constitution to where an individual state can decide that, for examples, women in their state won't have the right to an abortion, blacks in their state won't have the right to patronize businesses that don't want them around, gays won't have the right to marry, and on and on...

Conservatives want all of those without intervention from a Constitution that would otherwise protect those rights.

A weak Constitution is the conservative dream.

ell I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Changing the subject?

lol

Changing the subject?

lol

Try though you may, as is true of your entire existence, your ploy is doomed to failure.

I am immovable, like General Jackson’s Virginians at First Manassas: a veritable stone wall. If you only had an acquaintance with history…you’d understand that.

Guicciardini anticipated your racist comment:

“The fact that others dislike any one being superior to themselves ensures that whenever this happens, these men are destroyed.”

Francesco Guicciardini, Dialogue on the Government of Florence

Of course, it requires one of higher skill and education to be successful at what you attempt.

Oh my, sounds to me like you're endorsing the idea that

...any criticism of minority cultures, or any aspect of same endorsed by the elites, is censored from the public debate as gauche, impolite, ignorant...

..which I seem to have read somewhere recently...

ell I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Changing the subject?

lol

Changing the subject?

lol

Try though you may, as is true of your entire existence, your ploy is doomed to failure.

I am immovable, like General Jackson’s Virginians at First Manassas: a veritable stone wall. If you only had an acquaintance with history…you’d understand that.

Jackson was shot by his own men and the South lost. Read a book.

4fe3n.jpg

Your simian countenance suggests a heritage unusually rich in species diversity.

"They want to throw white children and colored children into the melting pot of integration, through out of which will come a conglomerated mulatto MONGREL class of people."

Any truth to the rumor that they push your face into dough to make gorilla biscuits?

A KKK vid?

That deserves a reminder: Liberal historian Eric Foner writes that the Klan was “…a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party…” Foner, “Reconstruction: America’s Unfinished Revolution, 1863-1877,” p. 425

4fe3n.jpg

Any truth to the rumor that they push your face into dough to make gorilla biscuits?

A KKK vid?

That deserves a reminder: Liberal historian Eric Foner writes that the Klan was “…a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party…” Foner, “Reconstruction: America’s Unfinished Revolution, 1863-1877,” p. 425

The Klan was a Southern right wing movement. How's it feel to be the direct political descendant of racist Democrats anyway?

Forum List

Back