President seeks to get rid of all nuclear weapons

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
“It is my fervent goal and hope…that we will some day no longer have to rely on nuclear weapons to deter aggression and assure world peace. To that end the United States is now engaged in a serious and sustained effort to negotiate major reductions in levels of offensive nuclear weapons with the ultimate goal of eliminating these weapons from the face of the earth"

Well said Mr President!

The President went on to say...

I can’t believe that this world can go on beyond our generation and on down to succeeding generations with this kind of weapon on both sides poised at each other without someday some fool or some maniac or some accident triggering the kind of war that is the end of the line for all of us. And I just think of what a sigh of relief would go up from everyone on this earth if someday–and this is what I have–my hope, way in the back of my head–is that if we start down the road to reduction, maybe one day in doing that, somebody will say, ‘Why not all the way? Let’s get rid of all these things’.”

Finally, a president who gets it

I can’t believe that this world can go on beyond our generation and on down to succeeding generations with this kind of weapon on both sides poised at each other without someday some fool or some maniac or some accident triggering the kind of war that is the end of the line for all of us. And I just think of what a sigh of relief would go up from everyone on this earth if someday–and this is what I have–my hope, way in the back of my head–is that if we start down the road to reduction, maybe one day in doing that, somebody will say, ‘Why not all the way? Let’s get rid of all these things’.”

Which president was that ?

Stupid move by a stupid liberal

If only obama was Caliph over the world. What a better place it would be. Life according to obama, everyplace.

Meanwhile more and more countries acquire more of them......is this guy connected to reality at all?

Barry Obumbler the clueless strikes again.

What a fucking moron.

I don't know what you guys are talking about

Obama didn't say these things, Ron Reagan did

Your little "gotcha" is rather hollow....Reagan wasnt eviscerating our nuke forces remember the Peacekeeper.... Obama is.

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT
Your little "gotcha" is rather hollow....Reagan wasnt eviscerating our nuke forces remember the Peacekeeper.... Obama is.

Reagan was advocating eliminating ALL nuclear weapons during the heart of the Cold War

Obama does not face a nuclear threat anywhere near what Reagan faced

If only obama was Caliph over the world. What a better place it would be. Life according to obama, everyplace.

Meanwhile more and more countries acquire more of them......is this guy connected to reality at all?

What a fucking moron.

The stupid liberal was you, an admitted liar....

What a fucking moron.

Are you still claiming Reagan was a "stupid liberal" then, or that I am a "stupid liberal" for supporting Reagan?

What a fucking moron.

Are you still claiming Reagan was a "stupid liberal" then, or that I am a "stupid liberal" for supporting Reagan?
I never claimed anything other than you lie (by omission, clever twit) and when someone posted a "stupid liberal" I thought he meant you.

I'm glad to see you're finally giving Ronald Reagan the credit he deserves for working so we and our children would have better lives. If only people like you hadn't worked against him so much, he might have accomplished more.

I'm glad to see you're finally giving Ronald Reagan the credit he deserves for working so we and our children would have better lives. If only people like you hadn't worked against him so much, he might have accomplished more.

I voted for Reagan and Bush four times....did you?

Forum List

Back