The "Conservative's" Guide to a "Safe" Glenn Beck rally in Washington DC

Is the gay area "unsafe" as well? Are Muslim cabbies?

So the crime rates are a lie perpetrated by a Vast Right Wing Conspiracy?

Shruggs....ok, I will ask again..what did the gays do or why did they tell them to stay away from certain retaurants or certain cabbies?

You prove the allegation and I'll attempt to address it. And, by prove, I mean give me something other than a blog or a media story that has nothing to back it up.

Shruggs....ok, I will ask again..what did the gays do or why did they tell them to stay away from certain retaurants or certain cabbies?

Hmmm, I read BOTH links and a few other selections about this map, and in fact didn't see the word "gay" written one single time in any of them.

I did however find this

And it inspired a satirical map of Washington with all of the city marked unsafe, except for the tiny sliver of the National Mall, home to the Lincoln Memorial. Some people mistakenly assumed the map was put out by Beck rally supporters.

Do you know what satirical and not put out by Beck rally supporters means?

The map was put out as satire making fun of a Right Wing blogger who wrote all the other dialog about the city not being safe to white people going to the Glenn Beck Rally.

Don't go into black neighborhoods.

Watch out for Muslims and Africans.

Stay out of the gay area.

These were NOT satire. Only the map.

and that has WHAT to do with Beck and or rally attendees?

Hmmm, I read BOTH links and a few other selections about this map, and in fact didn't see the word "gay" written one single time in any of them.

I did however find this

And it inspired a satirical map of Washington with all of the city marked unsafe, except for the tiny sliver of the National Mall, home to the Lincoln Memorial. Some people mistakenly assumed the map was put out by Beck rally supporters.

Great link there skippy....

Its called Dupont circle (its a gay area)..and its marked by them as a no go zone...lol

Spoken like a retard.

Do you think they might recommend avoiding Dupont Circle because

the total crime risk is 1.5 X the national average
The personal crime risk is 3.2X the national average
The murder risk is an astounding 6.6X the national average
The rape risk 1.7X the national average
The robbery risk is 6.7X the national average
The assault risk is 1.4X the national average
The automotive theft risk is 3X the national average

Washington Dupont Circle Demographics - Neighborhood Demographics

Do you think that might have something to do with it, instead of because it's a gay neighborhood?

Would you want your family spending any time there?

Last edited:
Pretty funny really...how far people will go to try and make something look bad because they can't say anything about the rally itself.

I did however find this

Its called Dupont circle (its a gay area)..and its marked by them as a no go zone...lol

Spoken like a retard.

Do you think that might have something to do with it, instead of because it's a gay neighborhood?

I wouldn't like my family spending time where you are, where ever that is.

Spoken like a retard.

That's good, I wouldn't want your family anywhere near my beloved northwest Arkansas; but what does THAT have to do with their being legitimate reasons to stay the hell away from Dupont Circle in DC?

It just said on the news that it was the largest crowd there since Obama's inauguration, impressive!

I just saw on the news that there were more people at the ipad release day....:cool: By the way, did you "hear" this on fox news? lolololol

It just said on the news that it was the largest crowd there since Obama's inauguration, impressive!

Glenn Beck rally in context: Events on the Mall

Garth Brooks had 400,000

Just to put it into perspective, the gay parade in Chicago had more than 300,000 and that is not the biggest one in America.

Just thought I would point that out.

So what, I'm sure a good rock concert by the Rolling Stones could garner more too and they are pushing 70, the crowd stretched from the Lincoln Memorial to the Washington Memorial; just like Obama's, I just thought it was impressive , I think he has a right to hold it and I'm not even a fan of Beck.

This is what Lew Rockwell stated on it.

"One might yawn at yet another anthill assembly in DC. But the purpose of Glenn Beck’s huge Lincoln-military celebration—with his fellow neocon warmonger Sarah Palin (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bill Kristol)—is to try to make all the Tea Party people obedient tools of the Republican apparatus, and detach them from Ron Paul. As usual, mass killing and patriotism undermine freedom. It’s more Armageddon-promotion in the Middle East, but the true Paulians will not be fooled. According to Glenn, blessed are the warmakers. It’s an honor to die for your country. It’s an honor to lose your limbs. It’s an honor to kill other people by the boatload. But hey, Beck, don’t just talk. Fly into Afghanistan. I’ll help pay for your parachute."
Glenn Beck’s Religio-Death Rally LewRockwell.com Blog

Another good observation;imho; but I still support his right to hold it.

I just saw on the news that there were more people at the ipad release day....:cool: By the way, did you "hear" this on fox news? lolololol

Actually it was on one of the Network evening news programs, I rarely listen to FOX.

Why the bitterness toward this?:eusa_eh:

Why did you totally ignore my post in which I gave legitimate reasons for avoiding Dupont Circle? Because it invalidated your 'because it's a gay neighborhood" whine?

This is exactly what I, and many,many others, would tell folks who come here.
Safety and Mores

DC's population includes refugees from every country, as the families of embassy staffs of third world countries tend to stay in DC whenever a revolution in their homeland means that anyone in their family would be in danger if they went back. Most taxi drivers and many waiters/waitresses (especially in local coffee shops like the Bread and Chocolate chain) are immigrants, frequently from east Africa or Arab countries. As a rule, African immigrants do not like for you to assume they are African Americans and especially do not like for you to guess they are from a neighboring country (e.g. Eritrea, Ethiopia, Somalia) with whom they may have political or military tensions. It's rare to meet anyone who gets really offended, but you can still be aware of the issue.

Many parts of DC are safe beyond the areas I will list here, but why chance it if you don't know where you are?

If you are on the subway stay on the Red line between Union Station and Shady Grove, Maryland. If you are on the Blue or Orange line do not go past Eastern Market (Capitol Hill) toward the Potomac Avenue stop and beyond; stay in NW DC and points in Virginia. Do not use the Green line or the Yellow line. These rules are even more important at night. There is of course nothing wrong with many other areas; but you don't know where you are, so you should not explore them.

If on foot or in a cab or bus, stay in Bethesda, Arlington (preferably north Arlington), Crystal City, Falls Church, Annandale, or Alexandria, or in DC only in northwest DC west (i.e. larger street numbers) of 14th or 16th streets, or if on Capitol Hill only in SE Capitol Hill (zip 20003) between 1st and 8th Streets, not farther out than 8th (e.g. 9th, 10th etc). (Or stay on the Mall and at the various monuments.) Again there are many other lovely places, from the Catholic University of America to Silver Spring, Maryland. But you don't know where you are so you cannot go, especially at night, unless you take me with you.
I fail to see the drama.

Safety and Mores

DC's population includes refugees from every country, as the families of embassy staffs of third world countries tend to stay in DC whenever a revolution in their homeland means that anyone in their family would be in danger if they went back. Most taxi drivers and many waiters/waitresses (especially in local coffee shops like the Bread and Chocolate chain) are immigrants, frequently from east Africa or Arab countries. As a rule, African immigrants do not like for you to assume they are African Americans and especially do not like for you to guess they are from a neighboring country (e.g. Eritrea, Ethiopia, Somalia) with whom they may have political or military tensions. It's rare to meet anyone who gets really offended, but you can still be aware of the issue.

Many parts of DC are safe beyond the areas I will list here, but why chance it if you don't know where you are?

If you are on the subway stay on the Red line between Union Station and Shady Grove, Maryland. If you are on the Blue or Orange line do not go past Eastern Market (Capitol Hill) toward the Potomac Avenue stop and beyond; stay in NW DC and points in Virginia. Do not use the Green line or the Yellow line. These rules are even more important at night. There is of course nothing wrong with many other areas; but you don't know where you are, so you should not explore them.

If on foot or in a cab or bus, stay in Bethesda, Arlington (preferably north Arlington), Crystal City, Falls Church, Annandale, or Alexandria, or in DC only in northwest DC west (i.e. larger street numbers) of 14th or 16th streets, or if on Capitol Hill only in SE Capitol Hill (zip 20003) between 1st and 8th Streets, not farther out than 8th (e.g. 9th, 10th etc). (Or stay on the Mall and at the various monuments.) Again there are many other lovely places, from the Catholic University of America to Silver Spring, Maryland. But you don't know where you are so you cannot go, especially at night, unless you take me with you.
I fail to see the drama.

I will say one thing, as dangerous as parts of DC are, they have the cleanest subway I've ever been on.

Safety and Mores

I fail to see the drama.

I will say one thing, as dangerous as parts of DC are, they have the cleanest subway I've ever been on.
It's not bad. Even if one gets a train with some of the older cars, it is still relatively clean.

The no eating or drinking rules help, I think. And the fact that the riders self-police that rule helps. Don't try it...riders will shame you. Good for them, I say. It helps.

Last edited:
Tea Partier's Warning-Filled Guide to D.C.

043328_Map2.jpg

"Safe" areas are in blue and the "unsafe" are in red.

The American Prospect's Adam Serwer reads the guide's subtext, "which basically goes out of its way to impose on Tea Party activists the necessity of not accidentally visiting any of DC's mostly black neighborhoods." He sighs, "I suppose if you exist in a media atmosphere in which black people spend their time developing plans for racial 'payback' than believing its really dangerous to enter a mostly black neighborhood is an entirely rational response."

"Dupont Circle, gay area"

A conservative blogger's assertion that parts of the nation's capital should be avoided as unsafe, warned conservative protesters visiting the nation's capital to avoid certain subway lines, suggesting they are unsafe, that certain neighborhoods should be avoided, that the city is populated by the world's refugees -- that taxi drivers are often Arab or African -- and that generally visitors should be wary.

--------------------------------------

FOXNews.com - Thousands Turn Out for Glenn Beck Rally as Civil Rights Leaders Protest Event

Tea Partier's Warning-Filled Guide to D.C. | The Atlantic Wire

Just curious, when was the last time you went walking through the areas of town you are sneering at conservatives for not entering? The really strange thing about your post is that most locals in DC seem to agree with the map.

Any bad neighborhoods to avoid in DC? | Washington, DC | Yelp

Like most large cities that prohibit handgun ownership DC is not the best place to go walking at night, especially if you don't fit into the neighborhood.

Spoken like a retard.

That's good, I wouldn't want your family anywhere near my beloved northwest Arkansas; but what does THAT have to do with their being legitimate reasons to stay the hell away from Dupont Circle in DC?

Oh well then, that explains it. I have to admit, I learned a lot about Arkansas. Now I understand why I don't want my family there.

Poverty USA -- Catholic Campaign for Human Development -- A hand up, not a hand out.

Arkansas places in the TOP TEN:

Top Ten States with Highest Percentage of Children under 18 Living in Poverty

Top Ten States with the Highest Percentage of Adults 65 or Older Living in Poverty

Arkansas Ranks Highest In Child Hunger - KFSM

Arkansas children are going without food more than any other state in the country according to a new report.

Nearly a quarter of Arkansas children don't know where their next meal will come from. The number comes from a newly released report by Feeding America. Sadly, Arkansas also experienced the highest rate of increase during the two years studied.

Health Insurance Arkansas ? Affordable Quotes Now at Healthcare.org

Arkansas has struggled with its Health status for the past year, but things finally seem to be picking up. Despite being the second worst state in terms of health in 2007 (and being within the five bottom spots for the past years), Arkansas has begun to pick up in America’s Health Rankings. In 2008 it was ranked 43rd, a spot which, although still low, is Arkansas’ highest rank in 15 years.

Report: More Arkansas children in poverty now than a generation ago|Arkansas News

LITTLE ROCK — More Arkansas children are living in poverty now than a generation ago, according to a report released today.

Based on 2008 data, 24.9 percent of Arkansas children live in poverty, compared to 22.6 percent 31 years ago, Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families reports in “Child Poverty in Arkansas 2010: A Deepening Problem.”

The report draws on U.S. Census data and uses the federal poverty level. In 2008, a family of four earning less than $21,000 a year was considered to be living in poverty.
In 1979, a family of four earning less than $7,412 was considered poor.

The report notes that Arkansas’ child poverty rate is higher than the national rate of 18.2 percent.

Arkansas Fact Sheet: AR agriculture income population food education employment unemployment federal funds farms top commodities exports counties financial indicators poverty farm income Rural Nonmetro Urban Metropolitan America USDA organic Census o

Arkansas blacks can’t break state, Congress barrier
By The Admin on November 11, 2008

Arkansas remains the only state from the former Confederacy never to elect an African-American to Congress or any statewide office — and last week it soundly rejected the man set to become the nation’s first black president.

Barack Obama lost by 20 percentage points, even though fellow Democrats control all of Arkansas’ statewide offices, both chambers of the Legislature and three of its four congressional districts.

Arkansas blacks can’t break state, Congress barrier | Black Politics on the Web

The missing link | Cover Stories | Arkansas news, politics, opinion, restaurants, music, movies and art

Teachers at his facility are forbidden to use the “e-word” (evolution) with the kids. They are permitted to use the word “adaptation” but only to refer to a current characteristic of an organism, not as a product of evolutionary change via natural selection. They cannot even use the term “natural selection.” Bob feared that not being able to use evolutionary terms and ideas to answer his students’ questions would lead to reinforcement of their misconceptions.

http://www.all4ed.org/files/Arkansas.pdf

Arkansas High Schools
DROPOUTS AND POORLY PREPARED STUDENTS HAVE A
NEGATIVE IMPACT ON THE ECONOMY
Nearly 11,000 students did not graduate from Arkansas’ high schools in 2009;
the lost lifetime earnings in Arkansas for that class of dropouts alone total
more than $2.8 billion.1
Arkansas would save more than $93.7 million in health care costs over the
lifetimes of each class of dropouts had they earned their diplomas.2
If Arkansas’ high schools graduated all of their students ready for college, the
state would save almost $23 million a year in community college remediation
costs and lost earnings.3
Arkansas’ economy would see a combination of crime-related savings and
additional revenue of about $77 million each year if the male high school
graduation rate increased by just 5%.

No Child Left Behind Act | Dropout Nation: Coverage of the Reform of American Public Education Edited by RiShawn Biddle

Dropout factories in Arkansas:

Thirty-seven percent of fourth-graders in Tennessee and Arkansas read Below Basic proficiency; for Texas and North Carolina, it is 35 percent; 38 percent in Alabama and South Carolina; a staggering 45 percent in Mississippi, and one out of every two students in Louisiana.

For a region that is increasingly the most-dominant in the nation, the unwillingness to fully embrace the school reform mantle will likely wreck havoc on the national effort — especially as states and the federal government expand their critical role in education policy decision-making. And right now, given the stakes for all of our children, this is no time to whistle Dixie on school reform.

Forum List

Back