The "Conservative's" Guide to a "Safe" Glenn Beck rally in Washington DC

What the site the article links to ACTUALLY says.

Many parts of DC are safe beyond the areas I will list here, but why chance it if you don't know where you are?
If you are on the subway stay on the Red line between Union Station and Shady Grove, Maryland. If you are on the Blue or Orange line do not go past Eastern Market (Capitol Hill) toward the Potomac Avenue stop and beyond; stay in NW DC and points in Virginia. Do not use the Green line or the Yellow line. These rules are even more important at night. There is of course nothing wrong with many other areas; but you don't know where you are, so you should not explore them.

So you are coming to the 8/28 Glenn Beck March on Washington? - Maine Refounders / Tea Party

I wouldn't like my family spending time where you are, where ever that is.

That's good, I wouldn't want your family anywhere near my beloved northwest Arkansas; but what does THAT have to do with their being legitimate reasons to stay the hell away from Dupont Circle in DC?

Oh well then, that explains it. I have to admit, I learned a lot about Arkansas. Now I understand why I don't want my family there.

Poverty USA -- Catholic Campaign for Human Development -- A hand up, not a hand out.

Arkansas places in the TOP TEN:

Top Ten States with Highest Percentage of Children under 18 Living in Poverty

Top Ten States with the Highest Percentage of Adults 65 or Older Living in Poverty

Arkansas Ranks Highest In Child Hunger - KFSM

Arkansas children are going without food more than any other state in the country according to a new report.

Nearly a quarter of Arkansas children don't know where their next meal will come from. The number comes from a newly released report by Feeding America. Sadly, Arkansas also experienced the highest rate of increase during the two years studied.

Health Insurance Arkansas ? Affordable Quotes Now at Healthcare.org

Arkansas has struggled with its Health status for the past year, but things finally seem to be picking up. Despite being the second worst state in terms of health in 2007 (and being within the five bottom spots for the past years), Arkansas has begun to pick up in America’s Health Rankings. In 2008 it was ranked 43rd, a spot which, although still low, is Arkansas’ highest rank in 15 years.

Report: More Arkansas children in poverty now than a generation ago|Arkansas News

LITTLE ROCK — More Arkansas children are living in poverty now than a generation ago, according to a report released today.

Based on 2008 data, 24.9 percent of Arkansas children live in poverty, compared to 22.6 percent 31 years ago, Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families reports in “Child Poverty in Arkansas 2010: A Deepening Problem.”

The report draws on U.S. Census data and uses the federal poverty level. In 2008, a family of four earning less than $21,000 a year was considered to be living in poverty.
In 1979, a family of four earning less than $7,412 was considered poor.

The report notes that Arkansas’ child poverty rate is higher than the national rate of 18.2 percent.

Arkansas Fact Sheet: AR agriculture income population food education employment unemployment federal funds farms top commodities exports counties financial indicators poverty farm income Rural Nonmetro Urban Metropolitan America USDA organic Census o

Arkansas blacks can’t break state, Congress barrier
By The Admin on November 11, 2008

Arkansas remains the only state from the former Confederacy never to elect an African-American to Congress or any statewide office — and last week it soundly rejected the man set to become the nation’s first black president.

Barack Obama lost by 20 percentage points, even though fellow Democrats control all of Arkansas’ statewide offices, both chambers of the Legislature and three of its four congressional districts.

Arkansas blacks can’t break state, Congress barrier | Black Politics on the Web

The missing link | Cover Stories | Arkansas news, politics, opinion, restaurants, music, movies and art

Teachers at his facility are forbidden to use the “e-word” (evolution) with the kids. They are permitted to use the word “adaptation” but only to refer to a current characteristic of an organism, not as a product of evolutionary change via natural selection. They cannot even use the term “natural selection.” Bob feared that not being able to use evolutionary terms and ideas to answer his students’ questions would lead to reinforcement of their misconceptions.

http://www.all4ed.org/files/Arkansas.pdf

Arkansas High Schools
DROPOUTS AND POORLY PREPARED STUDENTS HAVE A
NEGATIVE IMPACT ON THE ECONOMY
Nearly 11,000 students did not graduate from Arkansas’ high schools in 2009;
the lost lifetime earnings in Arkansas for that class of dropouts alone total
more than $2.8 billion.1
Arkansas would save more than $93.7 million in health care costs over the
lifetimes of each class of dropouts had they earned their diplomas.2
If Arkansas’ high schools graduated all of their students ready for college, the
state would save almost $23 million a year in community college remediation
costs and lost earnings.3
Arkansas’ economy would see a combination of crime-related savings and
additional revenue of about $77 million each year if the male high school
graduation rate increased by just 5%.

No Child Left Behind Act | Dropout Nation: Coverage of the Reform of American Public Education Edited by RiShawn Biddle

Dropout factories in Arkansas:

Thirty-seven percent of fourth-graders in Tennessee and Arkansas read Below Basic proficiency; for Texas and North Carolina, it is 35 percent; 38 percent in Alabama and South Carolina; a staggering 45 percent in Mississippi, and one out of every two students in Louisiana.

For a region that is increasingly the most-dominant in the nation, the unwillingness to fully embrace the school reform mantle will likely wreck havoc on the national effort — especially as states and the federal government expand their critical role in education policy decision-making. And right now, given the stakes for all of our children, this is no time to whistle Dixie on school reform.

LOL @ all that work to deflect. What does ANY of this have to do with the fact that Dupont Circle is a dangerous fucking place?

As for Arkansas being poor, no doubt that many areas of the state are. No doubt at all.

But you probably shouldn't bring up the educational facts of our state else someone would have to point out that 90% of the schools which aren't cutting the mustard are mostly black schools which were created under a federally mandated segregation plan. WHich is another legitimate complaint about Arkansas, but irrelevant to this discussion.

But, this is a view I can have within 10 minutes of my choosing, so it's a trade off

decknew_la.jpg

Also, my city as a violent crime rate of 397 per 100,000 people compared to 676 nationally. Sorry I won't give you a link since I don't want anyone knowing WHAT city I live in.

Is the gay area "unsafe" as well? Are Muslim cabbies?

So the crime rates are a lie perpetrated by a Vast Right Wing Conspiracy?

Shruggs....ok, I will ask again..what did the gays do or why did they tell them to stay away from certain retaurants or certain cabbies?

So you are coming to the 8/28 Glenn Beck March on Washington? - Maine Refounders / Tea Party

Please point out where he said anything about avoiding particular restaurants, or to avoid any cabbies.

Shruggs....ok, I will ask again..what did the gays do or why did they tell them to stay away from certain retaurants or certain cabbies?

Hmmm, I read BOTH links and a few other selections about this map, and in fact didn't see the word "gay" written one single time in any of them.

I did however find this

And it inspired a satirical map of Washington with all of the city marked unsafe, except for the tiny sliver of the National Mall, home to the Lincoln Memorial. Some people mistakenly assumed the map was put out by Beck rally supporters.

Do you know what satirical and not put out by Beck rally supporters means?

The map was put out as satire making fun of a Right Wing blogger who wrote all the other dialog about the city not being safe to white people going to the Glenn Beck Rally.

Don't go into black neighborhoods.

Watch out for Muslims and Africans.

Stay out of the gay area.

These were NOT satire. Only the map.

Except he did not say any of that.

Not that facts are going to interfere with your worldview, but they do exist.

That's good, I wouldn't want your family anywhere near my beloved northwest Arkansas; but what does THAT have to do with their being legitimate reasons to stay the hell away from Dupont Circle in DC?

Oh well then, that explains it. I have to admit, I learned a lot about Arkansas. Now I understand why I don't want my family there.

Poverty USA -- Catholic Campaign for Human Development -- A hand up, not a hand out.

Top Ten States with the Highest Percentage of Adults 65 or Older Living in Poverty

Arkansas children are going without food more than any other state in the country according to a new report.

Nearly a quarter of Arkansas children don't know where their next meal will come from. The number comes from a newly released report by Feeding America. Sadly, Arkansas also experienced the highest rate of increase during the two years studied.

Arkansas has struggled with its Health status for the past year, but things finally seem to be picking up. Despite being the second worst state in terms of health in 2007 (and being within the five bottom spots for the past years), Arkansas has begun to pick up in America’s Health Rankings. In 2008 it was ranked 43rd, a spot which, although still low, is Arkansas’ highest rank in 15 years.

Report: More Arkansas children in poverty now than a generation ago|Arkansas News

LITTLE ROCK — More Arkansas children are living in poverty now than a generation ago, according to a report released today.

Based on 2008 data, 24.9 percent of Arkansas children live in poverty, compared to 22.6 percent 31 years ago, Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families reports in “Child Poverty in Arkansas 2010: A Deepening Problem.”

The report draws on U.S. Census data and uses the federal poverty level. In 2008, a family of four earning less than $21,000 a year was considered to be living in poverty.

The report notes that Arkansas’ child poverty rate is higher than the national rate of 18.2 percent.

Arkansas Fact Sheet: AR agriculture income population food education employment unemployment federal funds farms top commodities exports counties financial indicators poverty farm income Rural Nonmetro Urban Metropolitan America USDA organic Census o

Arkansas remains the only state from the former Confederacy never to elect an African-American to Congress or any statewide office — and last week it soundly rejected the man set to become the nation’s first black president.

Barack Obama lost by 20 percentage points, even though fellow Democrats control all of Arkansas’ statewide offices, both chambers of the Legislature and three of its four congressional districts.

The missing link | Cover Stories | Arkansas news, politics, opinion, restaurants, music, movies and art

Teachers at his facility are forbidden to use the “e-word” (evolution) with the kids. They are permitted to use the word “adaptation” but only to refer to a current characteristic of an organism, not as a product of evolutionary change via natural selection. They cannot even use the term “natural selection.” Bob feared that not being able to use evolutionary terms and ideas to answer his students’ questions would lead to reinforcement of their misconceptions.

Arkansas High Schools
more than $2.8 billion.1
If Arkansas’ high schools graduated all of their students ready for college, the

No Child Left Behind Act | Dropout Nation: Coverage of the Reform of American Public Education Edited by RiShawn Biddle

Thirty-seven percent of fourth-graders in Tennessee and Arkansas read Below Basic proficiency; for Texas and North Carolina, it is 35 percent; 38 percent in Alabama and South Carolina; a staggering 45 percent in Mississippi, and one out of every two students in Louisiana.

For a region that is increasingly the most-dominant in the nation, the unwillingness to fully embrace the school reform mantle will likely wreck havoc on the national effort — especially as states and the federal government expand their critical role in education policy decision-making. And right now, given the stakes for all of our children, this is no time to whistle Dixie on school reform.

LOL @ all that work to deflect. What does ANY of this have to do with the fact that Dupont Circle is a dangerous fucking place?

As for Arkansas being poor, no doubt that many areas of the state are. No doubt at all.

But you probably shouldn't bring up the educational facts of our state else someone would have to point out that 90% of the schools which aren't cutting the mustard are mostly black schools which were created under a federally mandated segregation plan. WHich is another legitimate complaint about Arkansas, but irrelevant to this discussion.

But, this is a view I can have within 10 minutes of my choosing, so it's a trade off

decknew_la.jpg

Also, my city as a violent crime rate of 397 per 100,000 people compared to 676 nationally. Sorry I won't give you a link since I don't want anyone knowing WHAT city I live in.
TBH, Dupont Circle is not all that dangerous. It's in the northwest quadrant and that entire quadrant is relatively safe, as the blog which provokes so much drama from rdean also states.

Arkansas has nothing to do with this at all, yet dean posts about it. But, as you've likely gathered, he's not all that sharp. :eusa_shhh:

Last edited:

Arkansas High Schools
more than $2.8 billion.1

decknew_la.jpg

TBH, Dupont Circle is not all that dangerous. It's in the northwest quadrant and that entire quadrant is relatively safe, as the blog which provokes so much drama from rdean also states.

Arkansas has nothing to do with this at all, yet dean posts about it. But, as you've likely gathered, he's not all that sharp. :eusa_shhh:

I knew he was an idiot before I even logged on today. And Dupont Circle doesn't look that safe to me brother. Not judging by the crime rates.

decknew_la.jpg

I knew he was an idiot before I even logged on today. And Dupont Circle doesn't look that safe to me brother. Not judging by the crime rates.
That's why I said relatively safe. And, it is. I go there somewhat often, day or night, and alone. (I'm a girl, btw.)

That's why I said relatively safe. And, it is. I go there somewhat often, day or night, and alone. (I'm a girl, btw.)

The only place in DC that I thought just felt not safe at all is over by the Portrait Museum, that's a rough 'hood.

It just said on the news that it was the largest crowd there since Obama's inauguration, impressive!

Glenn Beck rally in context: Events on the Mall

Garth Brooks had 400,000

Just to put it into perspective, the gay parade in Chicago had more than 300,000 and that is not the biggest one in America.

Just thought I would point that out.

Garth Brooks was the Obama inauguration, are you trying to claim they are separate events?

Another point, Chicago has a population almost 3 million, and DC has about 600,000. I wonder how many people would have shown up for this rally in Chicago.

It just said on the news that it was the largest crowd there since Obama's inauguration, impressive!

Glenn Beck rally in context: Events on the Mall

Garth Brooks had 400,000

Just to put it into perspective, the gay parade in Chicago had more than 300,000 and that is not the biggest one in America.

Just thought I would point that out.

Garth Brooks was the Obama inauguration, are you trying to claim they are separate events?

Another point, Chicago has a population almost 3 million, and DC has about 600,000. I wonder how many people would have shown up for this rally in Chicago.

Facts are to Rdean as oil is to ______________

you only get one try here QW

Arkansas High Schools
more than $2.8 billion.1

Your bias is showing again. What do you have against poor blacks anyway? You prefer to hang out with your rich, white friends rather than deal with the scum like that? Now I know why you have that r in front of your name.

Republican dean.

Arkansas High Schools
more than $2.8 billion.1

decknew_la.jpg

I wasn't the one that brought up Arkansas. But since someone did, why don't they hold a "morals" rally there. They can figure out why it's OK to be against abortion, but not children starving.

decknew_la.jpg

I wasn't the one that brought up Arkansas. But since someone did, why don't they hold a "morals" rally there. They can figure out why it's OK to be against abortion, but not children starving.

Yes, we love to see children starve, that's why I am fighting tooth and nail to keep our program in place to feed children at school when money is tight. Go ahead and look, I've been in discussion about this before and have said the same thing. I'm fine with spending as much tax money as possible feeding children, as are most people in Arkansas. The problem is we're a predominantly poor state so there just isn't that much money to go around. But fully 5% of our schools $10M budget is allocated to free or reduced priced breakfast and lunches.

image6814705x.jpg

image6814729x.jpg

AirPhotosLive.com gave its estimate a margin of error of 9,000, meaning between 78,000 and 96,000 people attended the rally. The photos used to make the estimate were taken at noon Saturday, which is when the company estimated was the rally's high point.

Glenn Beck Rally Attracts Estimated 87,000 - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

-------------------------------------

I like one comment I read from an 18 year old black woman. She said Beck lied about not knowing it was the anniversary of MLK's famous speech. She said when she passed by it was a huge crowd of old white people 45 years and up.

Now, the thing that really got me, was the "return to religion" theme. Since Republicans have gone after the gays, then the Hispanics, then back to the gays, then the Muslims, does that mean they are back to targeting the gays? Guess we'll find out.

Yes, we love to see children starve, that's why I am fighting tooth and nail to keep our program in place to feed children at school when money is tight. Go ahead and look, I've been in discussion about this before and have said the same thing. I'm fine with spending as much tax money as possible feeding children, as are most people in Arkansas. The problem is we're a predominantly poor state so there just isn't that much money to go around. But fully 5% of our schools $10M budget is allocated to free or reduced priced breakfast and lunches.

If you feel that way, you might consider joining the Democratic party.

------------------------------------

The Andre Bauer solution: Starve the poor, they’ll stop breeding | Jay Bookman

“My grandmother was not a highly educated woman, but she told me as a small child to quit feeding stray animals. You know why? Because they breed! You’re facilitating the problem if you give an animal or a person ample food supply. They will reproduce, especially ones that don’t think too much further than that. And so what you’ve got to do is you’ve got to curtail that type of behavior. They don’t know any better.”

– Andre Bauer, lieutenant governor of South Carolina

-----------------------------------------

He was referring to "school lunches" for poor children. I can't recall a single Republican who condemned him for those words. He was saying, "starve the poor out of existence". Considering Republican policies, I'm not so sure they don't subscribe to that "theory". What have they done for either the poor or the middle class? I'm talking about the last 10 years. We could go back farther, but why bother?

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh well then, that explains it. I have to admit, I learned a lot about Arkansas. Now I understand why I don't want my family there..

rdean, you're welcome to visit Boulder County, CO anytime. I'm sure you'll feel very welcome among the indiginous wingnut population.

Wow

We went from quoting a blog about a blog that took a tongue-in-cheek approach towards a map of DC to other blogs about those blogs.

Then we slid sideways into a discussion about the crime rate of DC as it relates to the poverty rate of Arkansas and Tennessee.

Now we're discussing how poverty -v- crime affects abortion rates????

We could eliminate so many sub-sections of this forum with this thread, alone.
:cool:

If you feel that way, you might consider joining the Democratic party.

------------------------------------

The Andre Bauer solution: Starve the poor, they’ll stop breeding | Jay Bookman

“My grandmother was not a highly educated woman, but she told me as a small child to quit feeding stray animals. You know why? Because they breed! You’re facilitating the problem if you give an animal or a person ample food supply. They will reproduce, especially ones that don’t think too much further than that. And so what you’ve got to do is you’ve got to curtail that type of behavior. They don’t know any better.”

– Andre Bauer, lieutenant governor of South Carolina

-----------------------------------------

He was referring to "school lunches" for poor children. I can't recall a single Republican who condemned him for those words. He was saying, "starve the poor out of existence". Considering Republican policies, I'm not so sure they don't subscribe to that "theory". What have they done for either the poor or the middle class? I'm talking about the last 10 years. We could go back farther, but why bother?

I KNOW for a fact that I have told you this before, but I will reiterate. I am a member of neither party, and in fact 2008 was my first time voting for a Republican Presidential Candidate because I did not trust the Obama.

However, let me make my point here.

You're a fucking jackass. Unlike you I don't equate feeding children with a political party. i'd take money from Joseph Stalin if it would help me feed one extra child. It's called compassion and MANY Republicans have it and MANY democrats do not, it has nothing to do with political party.

I reiterate, you're a moron.

Wow

We went from quoting a blog about a blog that took a tongue-in-cheek approach towards a map of DC to other blogs about those blogs.

Then we slid sideways into a discussion about the crime rate of DC as it relates to the poverty rate of Arkansas and Tennessee.

Now we're discussing how poverty -v- crime affects abortion rates????

We could eliminate so many sub-sections of this forum with this thread, alone.
:cool:

I'm tempted to post Octoporn, just to round things out.:cool:

Forum List

Back