The College Trap.

Here we go again, lead with an ad hominem (framed in the voice of a narcissist); fill in the blanks with RL 'style' gobbledygook, and end with an ad hominem. Classic PC.

You imagine "narcissist" to be a pejorative?

That's only because you have a deep and abiding.....and totally compelling, self-hatred.

Well-earned, I might add.

And, your education continues: rather than continuing to be as dull and boring, repetitive and insipid as usual, consider alternating narcissist with prideful, or solipsistic.....

Try to be more thoughtful........Ooooops! Hit on your weakness again.

Huh, Narcissist isn't a pejorative; it's a diagnosis of a personality disorder (Axis II to be exact).

What a typical Liberal....you believe everything you read.

Life if simply too, too nuanced for one of your....limitations.

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like PC MIGHT be able to finish her Associates degree IF she learns proper formatting. English is a req't for most majors anyway.

Oh, my .....another dunce who cannot either understand nor rebut the content.....

...so, attacks....what? The format!!!

Luckily for you stupidity isn’t painful.

You imagine "narcissist" to be a pejorative?

That's only because you have a deep and abiding.....and totally compelling, self-hatred.

Well-earned, I might add.

And, your education continues: rather than continuing to be as dull and boring, repetitive and insipid as usual, consider alternating narcissist with prideful, or solipsistic.....

Try to be more thoughtful........Ooooops! Hit on your weakness again.

Huh, Narcissist isn't a pejorative; it's a diagnosis of a personality disorder (Axis II to be exact).

An ad hominem, a Rush Limbaugh 'style' lecture, and an ad hominem.

I must say PC is consistent, most who suffer from Cluster B, such as PC, tend to be dramatic, emotional and attention seeking; narcissistic people are also self important vigorously reject criticism, and need constant attention and admiration"

DSM-IV (R) ^^^

I must say PC is consistent, most who suffer from Cluster B, such as PC, tend to be dramatic, emotional and attention seeking; narcissistic people are also self important vigorously reject criticism, and need constant attention and admiration"

DSM-IV (R) ^^^

1. Other than the inaccurate use of "suffer," I can't see much else to disagree with.

2. "...such as PC..."

SUCH As????

New word for you to learn:

u·nique
yo͞oˈnēk/Submit
adjective
being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else.
"the situation was unique in modern politics"
synonyms: distinctive, distinct, individual, special, idiosyncratic;

Learn it....use it.

3. Then, there's you.

Of the Liberal persuasion, his type is ubiquitous at the lowest intellectual levels.....actually shifted the bell curve another notch leftward.....simian countenance suggests a heritage unusually rich in species diversity....

....simply push his face into dough to make gorilla biscuits.

4. "...I must say PC is consistent,..."

Along with sarcasm and egregious vituperativeness, just another service offered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1f3JpL1Gzk

DSM-IV (R) ^^^

1. Other than the inaccurate use of "suffer," I can't see much else to disagree with.

2. "...such as PC..."

SUCH As????

u·nique
yo͞oˈnēk/Submit
adjective

Learn it....use it.

3. Then, there's you.

Of the Liberal persuasion, his type is ubiquitous at the lowest intellectual levels.....actually shifted the bell curve another notch leftward.....simian countenance suggests a heritage unusually rich in species diversity....

Along with sarcasm and egregious vituperativeness, just another service offered.

I suggest you spend a bit more time on the crossword puzzles, to wit: Clue: "suffer illness" (three letters, first letter 'A'); come on, you can do it!!

DSM-IV (R) ^^^

2. "...such as PC..."

SUCH As????

u·nique
yo͞oˈnēk/Submit
adjective

Learn it....use it.

3. Then, there's you.

I suggest you spend a bit more time on the crossword puzzles, to wit: Clue: "suffer illness" (three letters, first letter 'A'); come on, you can do it!!

You ungrateful wretch!!!

I've taught you at least three new words today....and not a nod of thanks!

And...provided my fav Ethelbert Nevin piece.....

“If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.”

― Mark Twain

So true.

So sad.

2. "...such as PC..."

SUCH As????

u·nique
yo͞oˈnēk/Submit
adjective

Learn it....use it.

3. Then, there's you.

You ungrateful wretch!!!

“If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.”

― Mark Twain

So true.

So sad.

But, but I still wonder what ails you (that's the plural, can you get it now?). What is sad, my deer (no, not a misspell, simply an inside joke - do you get it?). I find you fatuous, you believe you're sagacious yet nothing you post is panoptic. You see, I do read, but I don't believe everything I read; I do, however, look up words, citations, quotes and statements of supposed fact as part of my continuing education. Unlike you, I know the more I know, the more I need to learn.

I did. Spending your whole life "working hard" is nothing, zero to be proud of. I'm not saying don't work and yes I do agree that we need to encourage people to work. I agree 100 percent. The key is education. Get yourself trained so you don't have to do a low paying job. Nobody, not one adult, should be working for anything close to minimum wage. Those jobs are for kids. The way to avoid working hard for some lousy company or owner is to get yourself educated. Otherwise, one ends up working hard for modest wages. Can you comprehend or do I need to explain it more deeply? I know its hard for you.

What do you think you could possibly teach me about what is necessary to succeed in the business world?
I don't blame companies for people who are too stupid to understand that if they want to tie themselves to the yoke of security they will limit their own opportunities.

My sister and I both learned an important lesson watching our parents work themselves to an early death ... Completing college and going back for more to meet the ever increasing demands when necessary.
They learned that a formal education in the lofty halls of higher learning is exactly what they needed to remain slaves to the system.

My Sister and I both own our own businesses ... We both graduated from college ... And neither of us have a business that remotely involves what we earned a degree in.
We enjoy more comforts than what our parents did ... Have more leisure time on our hands ... And all because we actually learned something from watching our parents.

I did that also....

You ungrateful wretch!!!

― Mark Twain

So true.

So sad.

But, but I still wonder what ails you (that's the plural, can you get it now?). What is sad, my deer (no, not a misspell, simply an inside joke - do you get it?). I find you fatuous, you believe you're sagacious yet nothing you post is panoptic. You see, I do read, but I don't believe everything I read; I do, however, look up words, citations, quotes and statements of supposed fact as part of my continuing education. Unlike you, I know the more I know, the more I need to learn.

I do soooooo love making you jump through hoops.

Doggie treat?

There was one study published 5-6 years ago which concluded that law school didn't make economic sense for 85% of all law school students.

For undergrad, I think it generally makes sense for a student to go to an in-state publicly-funded university than a privately-funded one. The cost differential between the two can be as high as $200,000 over four years, which will never be made up by most students attending a private university.

There was one study published 5-6 years ago which concluded that law school didn't make economic sense for 85% of all law school students.

For undergrad, I think it generally makes sense for a student to go to an in-state publicly-funded university than a privately-funded one. The cost differential between the two can be as high as $200,000 over four years, which will never be made up by most students attending a private university.

Is there a study on long-term earning potential for graduates of public vs private universities?

Regardless of everything one does not become an engineer, doctor, accountant, lawyer, etch without higher education. Who aspires to barely eek it by? We don't need low wage workers. We need a lot more high wage workers. And the key to that is a degree. Indoctrination or not, we don't want the company factory owners to win by hiring people for the lowest labor costs. As you have stated, its about choices and one must choose not to work for slave wages when they can do so much better. How is this achieved? Hard work and higher education. If one is weak they give into the indoctrination. If they are strong, they look past it. Phasing out low wage jobs by leaving them unfilled will only help businesses and people. Leave $10 an hour and under for kids only.

"Who aspires to barely eek it by?"

"Top 100 Entrepreneurs Who Made Millions Without A College Degree" Top 100 Entrepreneurs Who Made Millions Without A College Degree - Business Insider

"More and more, college students and would-be college students are deciding that college just isn’t worth it.

Harvard University has concluded that the United States has the highest college dropout rate in the industrialized world, Reuters reports."
15 ultra-successful people who never graduated from college | The Daily Caller

Individual anecdotes are not representative of the broad population.

The difference in incomes for those who have a college education compared to those who don't has risen from 30% in 1980 to ~70% today.

Is there a study on long-term earning potential for graduates of public vs private universities?

That's a good question.

I think I saw something about that several years ago. IIRC, there was little difference for undergrads but a significant difference for graduate students.

That's a good question.

I think I saw something about that several years ago. IIRC, there was little difference for undergrads but a significant difference for graduate students.

If you come across it, post it up.

1. College is not a waste of time.

2. The waste is in how one spends his time poorly.

"College is not a waste of time." Did you go to college? Kinda defeats your argument, doesn't it.

:lol: I know it is hard, PC, for you to be shown up every time, but there it is, girl. And you prove my point: you disgrace Columbia U every time you post your silly OPs.

Yes, and the thing I notice is that companies are more & more worried about their futures, so they won't hire or expand for hardly any reasoning in which they are given to do so now (the trust is gone). I know of a company that kept trainee's in the wings always, and they were training just about every week it seemed, and it had a wide array of people in age groups working for it. Now this company since the crisis, has all but deminished to just about nothing over the years since, and it definitley isn't looking to hire anyone. It won't even upgrade it's equipment. It seems that the company is just running on "borrowed" time. The interesting thing however, is that the owners are spending money like mad on personal things, but won't do anything to improve upon or invest in the future of the company. I know of many companies in our area alone, that have gone out of business, and the owners have moved to the beaches or they are building huge homes on large parcels of land right now. HUH ?

I will say this, that if people don't get back into working for the strength of this nation soon, and this instead of for themselves and themselves only, then this nation is done. The government will take over, and the private sector will become an impotent player in the end. Keep it up all you idiots out there, because you are sealing the deal and you just don't know it. Crawl yourselves up into your holes, but soon those holes will be all that is left for you, because venturing out of them into a waistland you have helped to create, won't be a comfortable thing for you or your family to find yourselves in as a result of. How you can't see this is beyond me. The history of the world is at your finger tips, yet somehow you are all blind now ? That's my take!

Your take (gulp) is close to what I believe; close because the people you note in the first sentence of your second paragraph are different from the people I would point out. In a manner in which you might understand, I proceed.

A. It's not those who are receiving Social Security/SSI, or Medicare/PPACA or assistance on the state or local level who are the great threat, it is those who have great wealth and power who think (mostly) about themselves.

1. The potential for the Government to take over is backward, what we can expect if we don't heed JFK's words in his inaugural address ("Ask not ...") is that those who think only of themselves (think Koch Brothers and lesser members of the Industrial/Military and Polluters Oligarchy) will have purchased majorities and key leaders in local, state legislatures and The Congress; then the Oligarchies will 'elect' one of their own to be Speaker of the House, Majority Leader of the Senate and President of the United States. Soon the Supreme Court will be 'packed' with Oligarchs.

a. Then democracy will have been extinguished in America. Eventually, and it may take decades if not generations, the people will rise again, as history tells us our progeny will one day be faced with a 'democratic spring'. Will it be lead by a demagogue and a charlatan, or a true man of the people, time will tell - but the American Dream will have long ago perished from the earth.

I do so look forward to your posts, in much the same way as a superior team looks forward to playing the weakest team in the league.

Enough chit-chat.....let's begin taking you apart.

1. " The potential for the Government to take over is backward,..."

a. Obama wasn't the first Bolshevik to support socialized medicine. For context, there was Henry Sigerist: "He devoted himself to the study of history of medicine. Socialized Medicine in the Soviet Union (1937), and History of Medicine were among his most important works. He emerged as a major spokesman for "compulsory health insurance". ...He attacked the American Medical Association because of his conflicting views on socialized medicine."
Henry E. Sigerist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

b. And, Sigerist was one of the apologists for Stalin, including his state-engineered famine in the Ukraine. 7 million perished (The History Place - Genocide in the 20th Century: Stalin's Forced Famine 1932-33).

c. Sigerist "shared with the architects of Soviet health policy under Stalin an outlook best described as medical totalitarianism. He really believed that humanity would be better off if every individual were under the medical supervision of the state from cradle to grave....[and] Sigerist's belief in the necessity for state control over all aspects of medicine ultimately made him an apologist for state control over most aspects of human life."
Fee and Brown, eds. "Making Medical History: The Life and Times of Henry E. Sigerist," p. 252

So....you were saying about government takeover?

2. "...those who think only of themselves (think Koch Brothers..."

a. "Loopy liberals freak over Koch brother’s $100M hospital gift"
...a philanthropic family with a long history of donating to the arts, higher learning and medicine."
Loopy liberals freak over Koch brother?s $100M hospital gift | New York Post

b. "It turns out the 'Evil' Koch Bros. are only the 59th biggest donors in American politics. Can you guess who is number one?"
It turns out the 'Evil' Koch Bros. are only the 59th biggest donors in American politics. Can you guess who is number one? | WashingtonExaminer.com

So....how stupid are you feeling about now?

Get up...I'm not through with you:

3. "Then democracy will have been extinguished in America."

a. And now???
Who voted for '“we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it,”

b. The latest variation of totalitarianism is neither religious, nor even political: it is cultural. “Totalitarian democracy” is a term made famous by J. L. Talmon to refer to a system of government in which lawfully elected representatives maintain the integrity of a nation state whose citizens, while granted the right to vote, have little or no participation in the decision-making process of the government.

4. One more: "....what we can expect if we don't heed JFK's words..."

“It is a paradoxical truth that tax rates are too high and tax revenues are too low and the soundest way to raise the revenues in the long run is to cut the rates now … Cutting taxes now is not to incur a budget deficit, but to achieve the more prosperous, expanding economy which can bring a budget surplus.”
John F. Kennedy, Nov. 20, 1962, president’s news conference
John F. Kennedy on taxes

The beatings will continue until enlightenment emerges.
If talking about both sides that are doing things in which are wrong, then we all can agree on some things that need fixing badly, but if leaning right or leaning left then we just keep going round and round and round in circles with these issues. No one wins, while the nation goes deeper and deeper in debt, and finds itself deeper and deeper in weakness.

1. College is not a waste of time.

2. The waste is in how one spends his time poorly.

"College is not a waste of time." Did you go to college? Kinda defeats your argument, doesn't it.

:lol: I know it is hard, PC, for you to be shown up every time, but there it is, girl. And you prove my point: you disgrace Columbia U every time you post your silly OPs.

"...shown up every time...."

Just to prove how really pellucid you are....your post simply shows how deeply I've wounded you.

You are simply too, too stupid to realize how you've exposed yourself.

I get such a kick out of doing it, too.

Your take (gulp) is close to what I believe; close because the people you note in the first sentence of your second paragraph are different from the people I would point out. In a manner in which you might understand, I proceed.

A. It's not those who are receiving Social Security/SSI, or Medicare/PPACA or assistance on the state or local level who are the great threat, it is those who have great wealth and power who think (mostly) about themselves.

1. The potential for the Government to take over is backward, what we can expect if we don't heed JFK's words in his inaugural address ("Ask not ...") is that those who think only of themselves (think Koch Brothers and lesser members of the Industrial/Military and Polluters Oligarchy) will have purchased majorities and key leaders in local, state legislatures and The Congress; then the Oligarchies will 'elect' one of their own to be Speaker of the House, Majority Leader of the Senate and President of the United States. Soon the Supreme Court will be 'packed' with Oligarchs.

a. Then democracy will have been extinguished in America. Eventually, and it may take decades if not generations, the people will rise again, as history tells us our progeny will one day be faced with a 'democratic spring'. Will it be lead by a demagogue and a charlatan, or a true man of the people, time will tell - but the American Dream will have long ago perished from the earth.

I do so look forward to your posts, in much the same way as a superior team looks forward to playing the weakest team in the league.

Enough chit-chat.....let's begin taking you apart.

1. " The potential for the Government to take over is backward,..."

a. Obama wasn't the first Bolshevik to support socialized medicine. For context, there was Henry Sigerist: "He devoted himself to the study of history of medicine. Socialized Medicine in the Soviet Union (1937), and History of Medicine were among his most important works. He emerged as a major spokesman for "compulsory health insurance". ...He attacked the American Medical Association because of his conflicting views on socialized medicine."
Henry E. Sigerist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

b. And, Sigerist was one of the apologists for Stalin, including his state-engineered famine in the Ukraine. 7 million perished (The History Place - Genocide in the 20th Century: Stalin's Forced Famine 1932-33).

c. Sigerist "shared with the architects of Soviet health policy under Stalin an outlook best described as medical totalitarianism. He really believed that humanity would be better off if every individual were under the medical supervision of the state from cradle to grave....[and] Sigerist's belief in the necessity for state control over all aspects of medicine ultimately made him an apologist for state control over most aspects of human life."
Fee and Brown, eds. "Making Medical History: The Life and Times of Henry E. Sigerist," p. 252

So....you were saying about government takeover?

2. "...those who think only of themselves (think Koch Brothers..."

a. "Loopy liberals freak over Koch brother’s $100M hospital gift"
...a philanthropic family with a long history of donating to the arts, higher learning and medicine."
Loopy liberals freak over Koch brother?s $100M hospital gift | New York Post

b. "It turns out the 'Evil' Koch Bros. are only the 59th biggest donors in American politics. Can you guess who is number one?"
It turns out the 'Evil' Koch Bros. are only the 59th biggest donors in American politics. Can you guess who is number one? | WashingtonExaminer.com

So....how stupid are you feeling about now?

Get up...I'm not through with you:

3. "Then democracy will have been extinguished in America."

a. And now???
Who voted for '“we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it,”

b. The latest variation of totalitarianism is neither religious, nor even political: it is cultural. “Totalitarian democracy” is a term made famous by J. L. Talmon to refer to a system of government in which lawfully elected representatives maintain the integrity of a nation state whose citizens, while granted the right to vote, have little or no participation in the decision-making process of the government.

4. One more: "....what we can expect if we don't heed JFK's words..."

“It is a paradoxical truth that tax rates are too high and tax revenues are too low and the soundest way to raise the revenues in the long run is to cut the rates now … Cutting taxes now is not to incur a budget deficit, but to achieve the more prosperous, expanding economy which can bring a budget surplus.”
John F. Kennedy, Nov. 20, 1962, president’s news conference
John F. Kennedy on taxes

The beatings will continue until enlightenment emerges.
If talking about both sides that are doing things in which are wrong, then we all can agree on some things that need fixing badly, but if leaning right or leaning left then we just keep going round and round and round in circles with these issues. No one wins, while the nation goes deeper and deeper in debt, and finds itself deeper and deeper in weakness.

Wrong.

The aim should be to shrink government, to empower those who show personal responsibility.

In other words, cut the government role in 'loans.'

And not just student loans!

Forum List

Back