The college scam

ScorpioRising007

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2015
College now is about selling dreams that won't happen. Mediocre law schools let many students in with low scores water down classes so students pass and charge a fortune to students who just have average intelligence knowing full well these students won't make it as lawyers because they don't have the brains to be s good lawyer.

You see this in many degrees from average universities. They should be honest and say to the student based on your ability we think you would have more success as a truck driver or a plumber your not smart enough to be an accountant. But schools instead water down classes so students pass because they want money and could care less if student will make it in real world.

I am a OTR truck driver and have a master's degree I learned my lesson the hard way.

Last edited:
You forgot housing...colleges across the nation can't build quad complexes fast enough...they "rent" out a quad apartment (one living space, one tiny kitchenette, 4 tiny bedrooms) between $450 - $600 a month per student. That is between $1800/mo to $2400 a month for 600 sq ft. units.

I just loled...

You're probably a nobody and a high school drop out. Takes nerve.

Colleges produce our
-doctors
-Executives in the business world.
-scientist
-engineers
-Computer techs like me ;)
-Chemist
-Meteorologist
-Geologist
-and the list can go on for the another 100 thousand words.

I am betting that you're one of those religious fuckers that believes one shouldn't understand anything besides the bible. lol

You know, I think that if a person has the desire and the money to go to college, they should, and they should study whatever they want.

But, to be fair, there are a lot of people who are happier working somewhere else other than behind a desk. If you are happy with a trade school, then go with that.

Not all jobs require college degrees. Some require skills that are gained other places like trade schools. And, personally, I think that a person who learns a trade is farther along than someone who goes to college right now.

College now is about selling dreams that won't happen. Mediocre law schools let many students in with low scores water down classes so students pass and charge a fortune to students who just have average intelligence knowing full well these students won't make it as lawyers because they don't have the brains to be s good lawyer.

You see this in many degrees from average universities. They should be honest and say to the student based on your ability we think you would have more success as a truck driver or a plumber your not smart enough to be an accountant. But schools instead water down classes so students pass because they want money and could care less if student will make it in real world.

I am a OTR truck driver and have a master's degree I learned my lesson the hard way.

We actually need more accountants, the problem is most go into some bullshit humanities stuff that has no application to real world employment.

I just loled...

Colleges produce our
-doctors
-scientist
-engineers
-Chemist
-Meteorologist
-Geologist

I am betting that you're one of those religious fuckers that believes one shouldn't understand anything besides the bible. lol

They also produce people with degrees in Lesbian nazi hookers, abducted by aliens and forced into weight loss clinics studies (a joke, but indicative of the crap given out) that find out that those degrees only enable you to get a doctorate eventually and teach in said topic, with no real world applications.

If you get an interpretive dance degree, remember there are very few slots available for working in that, and the pay usually sucks.

`
`

It's true enough. You don't need a college degree to be successful, rich or happy. But there will always be jobs that require additional education, above and beyond what a primary and secondary school can provide. That's the beauty of choice.

I just loled...

I graduated from high school. Got my bachelors and masters. Failed at both majors and a lot of jobs, so got a CDL and been an OTR truck driver.

I just think I was duped by college and a lot of students who go to colleges that push students through with degrees and could care less if they will actually be successful in the major they studied. They water down the classes so lot students can pass and get degrees. A lot college students would be better off going into a trade or do like I did and get a CDL and become a trucker instead of a Masters degree lol.

Last edited:
College is a mixed bag and a very expensive mixed bag at that. Student debt is a massive problem and it doesn't look like it is getting any better. Parents feel pressure to get their kids into college even though their kids are not college material. IMO college needs to be looked at as an investment in a risky stock. You should have some really compelling reasons why you or your kids are going to spend 6 figures on a college degree. Otherwise I agree with the OP you are far better off learning a trade and getting very good at it. You will always be employed and possibly run your own business someday and run circles around most college degreed individuals.

For the record I have a degree and my oldest son just graduated with a Math degree and will be starting his career in Engineering next month.
-BUT-
had he not tested highly all through high school, I would have had no problem sending him to a tech or a trade school. He worked construction all summer and learned a ton about redoing houses. There are many paths to success and they don't necessarily include college.

A college education has become a very expensive scam. It is a racket the Left is profiting from in a big way.

I graduated from one of the nation’s largest state universities, in the 80s. My tuition for a semester full load of classes never exceeded $800.

Thanks liberals for not only ruining education , but making it prohibitively expensive.

A college education has become a very expensive scam. It is a racket the Left is profiting from in a big way.

I graduated from one of the nation’s largest state universities, in the 80s. My tuition for a semester full load of classes never exceeded $800.

Thanks liberals for not only ruining education , but making it prohibitively expensive.

When my father went to college it was tougher to get in and classes were harder that's partly why college degrees were worth more then. My father got a 1300 on his sat and got an accounting degree from a top business school made 100k a yr. I scored a 24 on ACT got a bachelor's and master's failed at a lot jobs so now I drive a truck for a living . My CDL helped me out more then my masters

I just loled...

Colleges produce our
-doctors
-scientist
-engineers
-Chemist
-Meteorologist
-Geologist

Hyperbole much?
I don't believe the OP was saying that colleges are all a waste, but brings up a valid point that pretty much everyone knows - degrees have become watered down because a good many universities are far more interested in sucking money in from government grants and student aid than actually graduating qualified students. These schools do everything they can to keep students enrolled despite terrible performance and their vacant seats in classes that they don't even attend.
Especially smaller schools where the graduation rates are less than 10%. That is a huge waste of taxpayer money.

[Hyperbole much?I don't believe the OP was saying that colleges are all a waste, but brings up a valid point that pretty much everyone knows - degrees have become watered down because a good many universities are far more interested in sucking money in from government grants and student aid than actually graduating qualified students. These schools do everything they can to keep students enrolled despite terrible performance and their vacant seats in classes that they don't even attend. Especially smaller schools where the graduation rates are less than 10%. That is a huge waste of taxpayer money.
`
You, of course, have proof or evidence of this?

[Hyperbole much?I don't believe the OP was saying that colleges are all a waste, but brings up a valid point that pretty much everyone knows - degrees have become watered down because a good many universities are far more interested in sucking money in from government grants and student aid than actually graduating qualified students. These schools do everything they can to keep students enrolled despite terrible performance and their vacant seats in classes that they don't even attend. Especially smaller schools where the graduation rates are less than 10%. That is a huge waste of taxpayer money.
`

On a clear cloudless day-time sky is blue because molecules in the air scatter blue light from the sun more than they scatter red light. When we look towards the sun at sunset, we see red and orange colours because the blue light has been scattered out and away from the line of sight.

On a clear cloudless day-time sky is blue because molecules in the air scatter blue light from the sun more than they scatter red light. When we look towards the sun at sunset, we see red and orange colours because the blue light has been scattered out and away from the line of sight.
`
In other words You have no proof and are just repeating what someone else said. Fair enough.

For the record I have a degree and my oldest son just graduated with a Math degree and will be starting his career in Engineering next month.
-BUT-
had he not tested highly all through high school, I would have had no problem sending him to a tech or a trade school. He worked construction all summer and learned a ton about redoing houses. There are many paths to success and they don't necessarily include college.

If you don't mind me asking how is he going into Engineering with a math degree?

I know of people with a hard science Bachelors getting an Engineering Masters, is this the case here?

`

The proof is the people with said watered down degrees winging that they can't find employment at the level they expect with said degrees.

`
If you believe a college degree of today is just as difficult to obtain as it was 40-50 years ago, you are clearly uninformed.

Forum List

Back