The college scam

The proof is the people with said watered down degrees winging that they can't find employment at the level they expect with said degrees.
`
Now, that's two ways of saying you have no proof or evidence. I'll accept your opinion but it is not fact.

Who elected you the metric measurer of proof levels?

How about responding with an opinion of your own instead of being a snarking little twerp?

[Hyperbole much?I don't believe the OP was saying that colleges are all a waste, but brings up a valid point that pretty much everyone knows - degrees have become watered down because a good many universities are far more interested in sucking money in from government grants and student aid than actually graduating qualified students. These schools do everything they can to keep students enrolled despite terrible performance and their vacant seats in classes that they don't even attend. Especially smaller schools where the graduation rates are less than 10%. That is a huge waste of taxpayer money.
`
You, of course, have proof or evidence of this?
If you believe a college degree of today is just as difficult to obtain as it was 40-50 years ago, you are clearly uninformed.

It's more about lowering admission standards to kick in the student loans that are taxpayer-backed.

They don't care if the kids graduate or default, the schools and lending institutions get their money regardless.

Taxpayers are getting fleeced, regardless, as well.

If you believe a college degree of today is just as difficult to obtain as it was 40-50 years ago, you are clearly uninformed.
`
And you have proof they have changed? I think not. Admission standards have changed. Due to technological advances, many of the core curriculum's have changed. But the standard to get a degree, has not.

[Hyperbole much?I don't believe the OP was saying that colleges are all a waste, but brings up a valid point that pretty much everyone knows - degrees have become watered down because a good many universities are far more interested in sucking money in from government grants and student aid than actually graduating qualified students. These schools do everything they can to keep students enrolled despite terrible performance and their vacant seats in classes that they don't even attend. Especially smaller schools where the graduation rates are less than 10%. That is a huge waste of taxpayer money.
`

It's more about lowering admission standards to kick in the student loans that are taxpayer-backed.

They don't care if the kids graduate or default, the schools and lending institutions get their money regardless.

Taxpayers are getting fleeced, regardless, as well.
Of course, you are right.

It is all about GREED. Much like many other 'industries' in American, greed is the driving force. Others include big hospital, big pharma, and big government.

Thing is the amazing increase in costs for these 'industries' can't continue. It is unsustainable.

Who elected you the metric measurer of proof levels? How about responding with an opinion of your own instead of being a snarking little twerp?
`
Aside from the fact that insults are the first refuge of the incompetent, I didn't make the claim they have changed and not surprisingly, those who made such claims have absolutely no evidence to back up such claims.

`
And you have proof they have changed? I think not. Admission standards have changed. Due to technological advances, many of the core curriculum's have changed. But the standard to get a degree, has not.
Silly. Proving you have no knowledge of this subject.

Of course, there are exceptions as there always are. Certain degrees and certain universities may be as difficult, such as degrees in engineering at very tough universities.

On a clear cloudless day-time sky is blue because molecules in the air scatter blue light from the sun more than they scatter red light. When we look towards the sun at sunset, we see red and orange colours because the blue light has been scattered out and away from the line of sight.
`
In other words You have no proof and are just repeating what someone else said. Fair enough.

In other words asking proof was ridiculous.
There was a day when you didn't make the grade - you were actually denied re-enrollment. And if yuo didn't attend class so many times, you were removed from that class. I know - right? So unfair...it hurt peoples feelings too.

Who elected you the metric measurer of proof levels? How about responding with an opinion of your own instead of being a snarking little twerp?
`
Aside from the fact that insults are the first refuge of the incompetent, I didn't make the claim they have changed and not surprisingly, those who made such claims have absolutely no evidence to back up such claims.
It has been well documented and reported that grade inflation has occurred at nearly all colleges and universities.

To dispute this, only indicates you aren't informed.

`

No, it's the proper response to a no-content providing lightweight such as yourself.

And even CNN back in 2014 was pushing the concept.

I went to a for-profit college and my degree is worthless

Colleges offer degrees they know are really just suited for further academic pursuits, not gainful employment.

Edit: that was for profit colleges, here is people complaining about non-profits.

Fancypants College Grad Whines About Student Loans

It's more about lowering admission standards to kick in the student loans that are taxpayer-backed. They don't care if the kids graduate or default, the schools and lending institutions get their money regardless.Taxpayers are getting fleeced, regardless, as well.
`
Most government grants, such as the Pell grants, are done through private companies. The government only coordinates that. The debt the student owes is to the company lending the money, not the government.

College now is about selling dreams that won't happen. Mediocre law schools let many students in with low scores water down classes so students pass and charge a fortune to students who just have average intelligence knowing full well these students won't make it as lawyers because they don't have the brains to be s good lawyer.

You see this in many degrees from average universities. They should be honest and say to the student based on your ability we think you would have more success as a truck driver or a plumber your not smart enough to be an accountant. But schools instead water down classes so students pass because they want money and could care less if student will make it in real world.

I am a OTR truck driver and have a master's degree I learned my lesson the hard way.
Yes, we have such lousy universities in the US. That is why students from all over the world come to the US to go to university. That is why a university degree from the US is prized by employers world wide, because we have such lousy schools.

It has been well documented and reported that grade inflation has occurred at nearly all colleges and universities. To dispute this, only indicates you aren't informed.
`
If it's so well documented, why can't you provide it to prove your point? Once again, that's just your opinion.

College now is about selling dreams that won't happen. Mediocre law schools let many students in with low scores water down classes so students pass and charge a fortune to students who just have average intelligence knowing full well these students won't make it as lawyers because they don't have the brains to be s good lawyer.

You see this in many degrees from average universities. They should be honest and say to the student based on your ability we think you would have more success as a truck driver or a plumber your not smart enough to be an accountant. But schools instead water down classes so students pass because they want money and could care less if student will make it in real world.

I am a OTR truck driver and have a master's degree I learned my lesson the hard way.
Yes, we have such lousy universities in the US. That is why students from all over the world come to the US to go to university. That is why a university degree from the US is prized by employers world wide, because we have such lousy schools.
Oh...what would we do without the strawman?

Are you related to Big Ears?

`

Here is an example of how the scam works:

Loans ‘Designed to Fail’: States Say Navient Preyed on Students

Silly. Proving you have no knowledge of this subject. Of course, there are exceptions as there always are. Certain degrees and certain universities may be as difficult, such as degrees in engineering at very tough universities.
`
Your opinion, not a fact.

Those students usually don't pick basket-weaving lesbian Studies.

It has been well documented and reported that grade inflation has occurred at nearly all colleges and universities. To dispute this, only indicates you aren't informed.
`
If it's so well documented, why can't you provide it to prove your point? Once again, that's just your opinion.
Really? You can't be this stupid on purpose.

I googled 'university grade inflation.'

First hit:
https://www.usnews.com/opinion/blog...inflation-is-a-real-problem-and-how-to-fix-it

Thousands of more pages pop up.

Tell me you really aren't this stupid...please.

It's more about lowering admission standards to kick in the student loans that are taxpayer-backed. They don't care if the kids graduate or default, the schools and lending institutions get their money regardless.Taxpayers are getting fleeced, regardless, as well.
`
Most government grants, such as the Pell grants, are done through private companies. The government only coordinates that. The debt the student owes is to the company lending the money, not the government.

Grants are not loans. When a student that should never have been admitted into the school inevitably defaults on their student loan, the government picks up the tab. You really can't see the big picture, can you?

Forum List

Back