The collapse of Germany's solar and wind industry!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
wind energy makes sense in some applications; better connectivity to the grid or advances in power storage, will help.
Wind Energy can meet peak demand today? So why would you think there is extra available for storage?
So why are you such a lazy fuck that you do not research before you yap?

Texas and California have a bizarre problem: too much renewable energy

Energy
Texas and California Have Too Much Renewable Energy
The rapid growth of wind and solar power in the states is wreaking havoc with energy prices.

Solar and wind power are coming online at rates unforeseen only a few years ago. That’s a good thing if your goal is to decarbonize the energy sector. But if you’re a utility or independent power producer and you make your money selling electricity, it can be not such a good thing.

In places with abundant wind and solar resources, like Texas and California, the price of electricity is dipping more and more frequently into negative territory. In other words, utilities that operate big fossil-fuel or nuclear plants, which are very costly to switch off and ramp up again, are running into problems when wind and solar farms are generating at their peaks. With too much energy supply to the grid, spot prices for power turn negative and utilities are forced to pay grid operators to take power off their hands.

That’s happened on about a dozen days over the past year in sunny Southern California, according to data from Bloomberg, and it’s liable to happen more often in the future. “In Texas, power at one major hub traded below zero for almost 50 hours in November and again in March,” according to the state’s grid operator. In Germany, negative energy prices have become commonplace, dramatically slashing utility revenues despite renewable energy subsidies that bolster electricity prices much more than in the United States.
Wow, so the rules and regulations that have resulted in skyrocketing electric rates for consumers is resulting in losses at the same time for Utilities? Sounds like a huge mess you idiot Democrats have created. An uncontrollable fluctuating power source that the government attempts to regulate so that the chosen few profit. What do you propose the Government do next to fix the problem they have created?

C29TCgaWQAQgWOW.jpg

Government does great things. I sure wouldn't want to live in Haiti or Somalia or any other country that has no government.

They started with smaller turbine blades, and had the same result, lots of wildlife killed. You really have zero understanding of this, do you? Look up the Altamont Pass.
i am talking about one volt turbines about the size of model airplane engines. they can be placed almost anywhere, and in abundance.
This has been done and it failed because of the wiring and the blocked wind which made some very low in amperage which caused the string to fail.
better wiring designs were needed.
You don't get it...

if I place 100 of these little generators in series and just one fails to produce equal amounts of energy the others will effectively melt the one under load.

its like placing a 1 amp fuse in a string of 100 amp fuses... and expecting it to hold 100 amps..
special pleading much? parallel also works.

SO your going to have ONE VOLT at a massive amount of amps..

Tell me what it is you plan to power?

You have no clue how energy works...

C29TCgaWQAQgWOW.jpg

Government does great things. I sure wouldn't want to live in Haiti or Somalia or any other country that has no government.

And at 17% of rated capacity your getting about 2GW of realized unreliable output.. Bravo! You've shown just how poor of a power source it is...

By the way, Government needs to be very small and have little power here..

Fusion is better.

Nice, point out the commercial fusion reactor that proves your point.
I would; but the right insists on Manhattan Projects for fission instead of fusion.
The right? You are very good at babbling. You do realize it was the Democrats that implemented the Manhattan Project? And it is the Democrats that steered energy towards Wind and Solar, and it was the Democrats that shut down the World's largest particle accelerator. Of late, Democrats have been very, anti-science, of late.

As long as you are dreaming of what could of been, why not dream of Tesla's vision for energy?
Because the private sector may have fusion (an energy with a future) before we go to the Moon.

i am talking about one volt turbines about the size of model airplane engines. they can be placed almost anywhere, and in abundance.
This has been done and it failed because of the wiring and the blocked wind which made some very low in amperage which caused the string to fail.
You don't get it...

if I place 100 of these little generators in series and just one fails to produce equal amounts of energy the others will effectively melt the one under load.

its like placing a 1 amp fuse in a string of 100 amp fuses... and expecting it to hold 100 amps..

It helps if you pay attention. We are discussing miniaturization. How many, mini-micro turbines do we need?

You don't get it...

It helps if you pay attention. We are discussing miniaturization. How many, mini-micro turbines do we need?
So your plan is to cover the world with wires and little fans...

:laugh::laugh2::laugh::laugh2::laugh::laugh2::lmao::lmao::lmao:

better aqueducts, better roads, and better windmills, along with more well regulated militia; can make wing energy happen, anywhere it may be windy.
Wind Energy has already failed where it is the windiest, it will never work, it has failed for the last 40 years in California, how many more years and how many more billions do you think it will take to fix the problems.
And where was or is, danielpalos' response?

You don't get it...

So your plan is to cover the world with wires and little fans...

:laugh::laugh2::laugh::laugh2::laugh::laugh2::lmao::lmao::lmao:
anywhere birds are already a nuisance.

better aqueducts, better roads, and better windmills, along with more well regulated militia; can make wing energy happen, anywhere it may be windy.
Wind Energy has already failed where it is the windiest, it will never work, it has failed for the last 40 years in California, how many more years and how many more billions do you think it will take to fix the problems.
And where was or is, danielpalos' response?
It hasn't failed and isn't failing. Technology is improving, all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back