The collapse of Germany's solar and wind industry!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
smaller turbines means less blade damage to wildlife. smaller turbines could also be placed where birds are a nuisance or a hazard; due to a lack of more, underground infrastructure; to "reclaim" that space from those birds.
They started with smaller turbine blades, and had the same result, lots of wildlife killed. You really have zero understanding of this, do you? Look up the Altamont Pass.
i am talking about one volt turbines about the size of model airplane engines. they can be placed almost anywhere, and in abundance.
This has been done and it failed because of the wiring and the blocked wind which made some very low in amperage which caused the string to fail.
better wiring designs were needed.
You don't get it...

if I place 100 of these little generators in series and just one fails to produce equal amounts of energy the others will effectively melt the one under load.

its like placing a 1 amp fuse in a string of 100 amp fuses... and expecting it to hold 100 amps..

it is a self-evident truth; wind energy is available.
Sure, stuff that is self-evident is very easy to prove, so prove it. The Germans have not proved it, California has not proved it. Electricity rates have risen, food prices are going up, all cause of Energy costs. The only thing that has been proven the last 20 years, is if we keep making more Wind Turbines and Solar Panels, everyone will be on food stamps.

Sure, stuff that is self-evident is very easy to prove, so prove it. The Germans have not proved it, California has not proved it. Electricity rates have risen, food prices are going up, all cause of Energy costs. The only thing that has been proven the last 20 years, is if we keep making more Wind Turbines and Solar Panels, everyone will be on food stamps.

Absolutely correct sir..........and the only reason I hang around this forum amongst mental cases. A lot of people don't have a clue what this shit costs. Progressives never care what the costs are. If its somebody else's dime, "FUCK YOU!". Thankfully for we non-mental cases, President Trump recognizes cost losers.......going to be issuing another 100 executive orders before the week ends, many of them related to climate change bogusness.:bye1::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

wind energy makes sense in some applications; better connectivity to the grid or advances in power storage, will help.
Wind Energy can meet peak demand today? So why would you think there is extra available for storage?
So why are you such a lazy fuck that you do not research before you yap?

Texas and California have a bizarre problem: too much renewable energy

Energy
Texas and California Have Too Much Renewable Energy
The rapid growth of wind and solar power in the states is wreaking havoc with energy prices.

Solar and wind power are coming online at rates unforeseen only a few years ago. That’s a good thing if your goal is to decarbonize the energy sector. But if you’re a utility or independent power producer and you make your money selling electricity, it can be not such a good thing.

In places with abundant wind and solar resources, like Texas and California, the price of electricity is dipping more and more frequently into negative territory. In other words, utilities that operate big fossil-fuel or nuclear plants, which are very costly to switch off and ramp up again, are running into problems when wind and solar farms are generating at their peaks. With too much energy supply to the grid, spot prices for power turn negative and utilities are forced to pay grid operators to take power off their hands.

That’s happened on about a dozen days over the past year in sunny Southern California, according to data from Bloomberg, and it’s liable to happen more often in the future. “In Texas, power at one major hub traded below zero for almost 50 hours in November and again in March,” according to the state’s grid operator. In Germany, negative energy prices have become commonplace, dramatically slashing utility revenues despite renewable energy subsidies that bolster electricity prices much more than in the United States.

duh..........who couldn't see this coming? And I will say..........Im laughing.

Germans call it ‘Energiewende’......turning out to be a complete and utter failure!!!:oops-28: Perhaps some German's wont mind taking a risk of freezing their balls off to go green but the government certainly wont take the risk.....ummmm...............more duh.

The End of the Energiewende?
Energy Post Weekly
Heiner Flassbeck
10 January 2017

Stable high-pressure winter weather has resulted in a confrontation. An Energiewende that relies mainly on wind and solar energy will not work in the long run. One cannot forgo nuclear power, eliminate fossil fuels, and tell people that electricity supplies will remain secure all the same.

We have attempted unsuccessfully to find Energiewende advocates willing to explain that inconsistency. Their silence is not easy to fathom. But maybe the events themselves have made the outcome inevitable.

With nuclear power no longer available, a capacity of at least 50 gigawatts is required by other means, despite an enormously expanded network of wind turbines and solar systems

This winter could go down in history as the event that proved the German energy transition to be unsubstantiated and incapable of becoming a success story. Electricity from wind and solar generation has been catastrophically low for several weeks. December brought new declines. A persistent winter high-pressure system with dense fog throughout Central Europe has been sufficient to unmask the fairy tale of a successful energy transition, even for me as a lay person.

Will Germany’s Winter Wind & Solar Power Collapse Mean the End of the ‘Energiewende’?

As Ive been saying for 25 years........renewable energy as a prime source of energy is nothing but a fantasy embraced by suckers. It is not happening now and will never happen. The people of Germany are seeing what a joke it really is this winter.

Fairy tales are ghey.........and the consensus science will continue to not matter.:deal:

this is why they have been building coal fired plants

--LOL

more so after they dump nuclear

--LOL

smaller turbines means less blade damage to wildlife. smaller turbines could also be placed where birds are a nuisance or a hazard; due to a lack of more, underground infrastructure; to "reclaim" that space from those birds.
They started with smaller turbine blades, and had the same result, lots of wildlife killed. You really have zero understanding of this, do you? Look up the Altamont Pass.
i am talking about one volt turbines about the size of model airplane engines. they can be placed almost anywhere, and in abundance.
This has been done and it failed because of the wiring and the blocked wind which made some very low in amperage which caused the string to fail.
better wiring designs were needed.
You don't get it...

if I place 100 of these little generators in series and just one fails to produce equal amounts of energy the others will effectively melt the one under load.

its like placing a 1 amp fuse in a string of 100 amp fuses... and expecting it to hold 100 amps..
special pleading much? parallel also works.

we need to upgrade our grid.

Absolutely correct sir..........and the only reason I hang around this forum amongst mental cases. A lot of people don't have a clue what this shit costs. Progressives never care what the costs are. If its somebody else's dime, "FUCK YOU!". Thankfully for we non-mental cases, President Trump recognizes cost losers.......going to be issuing another 100 executive orders before the week ends, many of them related to climate change bogusness.:bye1::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:
the right wing, doesn't care how much a fence is going to cost; how much energy will be getting from that?

duh..........who couldn't see this coming? And I will say..........Im laughing.

Germans call it ‘Energiewende’......turning out to be a complete and utter failure!!!:oops-28: Perhaps some German's wont mind taking a risk of freezing their balls off to go green but the government certainly wont take the risk.....ummmm...............more duh.

The End of the Energiewende?
Energy Post Weekly
Heiner Flassbeck
10 January 2017

Stable high-pressure winter weather has resulted in a confrontation. An Energiewende that relies mainly on wind and solar energy will not work in the long run. One cannot forgo nuclear power, eliminate fossil fuels, and tell people that electricity supplies will remain secure all the same.

We have attempted unsuccessfully to find Energiewende advocates willing to explain that inconsistency. Their silence is not easy to fathom. But maybe the events themselves have made the outcome inevitable.

With nuclear power no longer available, a capacity of at least 50 gigawatts is required by other means, despite an enormously expanded network of wind turbines and solar systems

This winter could go down in history as the event that proved the German energy transition to be unsubstantiated and incapable of becoming a success story. Electricity from wind and solar generation has been catastrophically low for several weeks. December brought new declines. A persistent winter high-pressure system with dense fog throughout Central Europe has been sufficient to unmask the fairy tale of a successful energy transition, even for me as a lay person.

Will Germany’s Winter Wind & Solar Power Collapse Mean the End of the ‘Energiewende’?

As Ive been saying for 25 years........renewable energy as a prime source of energy is nothing but a fantasy embraced by suckers. It is not happening now and will never happen. The people of Germany are seeing what a joke it really is this winter.

Fairy tales are ghey.........and the consensus science will continue to not matter.:deal:

this is why they have been building coal fired plants

--LOL

more so after they dump nuclear

--LOL
mature technologies are like fast food franchises.

wind energy makes sense in some applications; better connectivity to the grid or advances in power storage, will help.
Wind Energy can meet peak demand today? So why would you think there is extra available for storage?
So why are you such a lazy fuck that you do not research before you yap?

Texas and California have a bizarre problem: too much renewable energy

Energy
Texas and California Have Too Much Renewable Energy
The rapid growth of wind and solar power in the states is wreaking havoc with energy prices.

Solar and wind power are coming online at rates unforeseen only a few years ago. That’s a good thing if your goal is to decarbonize the energy sector. But if you’re a utility or independent power producer and you make your money selling electricity, it can be not such a good thing.

In places with abundant wind and solar resources, like Texas and California, the price of electricity is dipping more and more frequently into negative territory. In other words, utilities that operate big fossil-fuel or nuclear plants, which are very costly to switch off and ramp up again, are running into problems when wind and solar farms are generating at their peaks. With too much energy supply to the grid, spot prices for power turn negative and utilities are forced to pay grid operators to take power off their hands.

That’s happened on about a dozen days over the past year in sunny Southern California, according to data from Bloomberg, and it’s liable to happen more often in the future. “In Texas, power at one major hub traded below zero for almost 50 hours in November and again in March,” according to the state’s grid operator. In Germany, negative energy prices have become commonplace, dramatically slashing utility revenues despite renewable energy subsidies that bolster electricity prices much more than in the United States.
You are either a filthy liar or the dumbest moron in the barrel. You have responded to my threads that I have made on this topic.

As with all people that are democrat, we are dealing with idiots. The only reason to respond is to point out to casual readers of the forum how dumb these people are.

I will make a special thread old crock, just for you. And maybe I will dig up another older one where I have made the point. As well to show where old crock has responded in the past. Old Crock likes to keep his foot in his/her mouth.

Last edited:
Fusion is better.

Nice, point out the commercial fusion reactor that proves your point.
I would; but the right insists on Manhattan Projects for fission instead of fusion.
So it`s okay if Pres.D.J. Trump would deliver one of these Manhattan Project fusion reactors to Iran with a B1?
Only if you want to waste taxpayer money.

We can use the energy, here and now, in our Republic.

Fusion is better.

I would; but the right insists on Manhattan Projects for fission instead of fusion.
So it`s okay if Pres.D.J. Trump would deliver one of these Manhattan Project fusion reactors to Iran with a B1?

Like the $33 billion we could use here and now but delivered to Iran?
Yeah you could build quite an arsenal of "Manhattan fusion reactors" with that and at the same time not violate any Nuclear Arms Treaty with Russia...great idea !

Fusion is better.

Like the $33 billion we could use here and now but delivered to Iran?
Yeah you could build quite an arsenal of "Manhattan fusion reactors" with that and at the same time not violate any Nuclear Arms Treaty with Russia...great idea !
sounds good to me; we don't need to waste money on the command economics of our wars on crime, drugs, poverty, and terror.

Fusion is better.

The right? You are very good at babbling. You do realize it was the Democrats that implemented the Manhattan Project? And it is the Democrats that steered energy towards Wind and Solar, and it was the Democrats that shut down the World's largest particle accelerator. Of late, Democrats have been very, anti-science, of late.

As long as you are dreaming of what could of been, why not dream of Tesla's vision for energy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back