The collapse of Germany's solar and wind industry!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very expensive power, and if the genie gets out of the bottle, a real horror, as we learned at Fukashima.
Really, Old Crock, so tell us, how is Fukushima affecting you? Tell us the horror Old Crock is now suffering. And hey! Learn to spell you fucking moron. It is Fukushima not Fukashima.

we simply need a better grid. we should be able to simply, "plug and play" wind turbine technology anywhere within California State jurisdiction, and connect it to the grid.

wind Must blow somewhere at some time, in the State of California.
That is a great sentiment, but making me and the rest of the USA pay for your idea is tyranny.
why is that? we pay for your ideas.

smaller turbines means less blade damage to wildlife. smaller turbines could also be placed where birds are a nuisance or a hazard; due to a lack of more, underground infrastructure; to "reclaim" that space from those birds.
They started with smaller turbine blades, and had the same result, lots of wildlife killed. You really have zero understanding of this, do you? Look up the Altamont Pass.
i am talking about one volt turbines about the size of model airplane engines. they can be placed almost anywhere, and in abundance.

Why do you believe it has failed?
Because it is very weak, very expensive, and reliant upon fossil fuels to be built, maintained, and replaced. Because it requires us to work for others, it requires me to pay for others electricity. Because it kills millions of birds, bats. Because it destroys miles of land, ridgelines. Because they are 300 foot tall monstrosities industrializing the rural country. Because they leak oil.
World Energy Hits a Turning Point: Solar That's Cheaper Than Wind

World Energy Hits a Turning Point: Solar That's Cheaper Than Wind

Emerging markets are leapfrogging the developed world thanks to cheap panels.
by
Tom Randall
December 14, 2016, 10:00 PM PST December 14, 2016, 10:04 PM PST
A transformation is happening in global energy markets that’s worth noting as 2016 comes to an end: Solar power, for the first time, is becoming the cheapest form of new electricity.

This has happened in isolated projects in the past: an especially competitive auction in the Middle East, for example, resulting in record-cheap solar costs. But now unsubsidized solar is beginning to outcompete coal and natural gas on a larger scale, and notably, new solar projects in emerging markets are costing less to build than wind projects, according to fresh data from Bloomberg New Energy Finance.

The chart below shows the average cost of new wind and solar from 58 emerging-market economies, including China, India, and Brazil. While solar was bound to fall below wind eventually, given its steeper price declines, few predicted it would happen this soon.1

800x-1.jpg

Disclosed capex for onshore wind and PV projects in 58 non-OECD countries
Source: Bloomberg New Energy Finance
“Solar investment has gone from nothing—literally nothing—like five years ago to quite a lot,” said Ethan Zindler, head of U.S. policy analysis at BNEF. “A huge part of this story is China, which has been rapidly deploying solar” and helping other countries finance their own projects.

Half the Price of Coal
This year has seen a remarkable run for solar power. Auctions, where private companies compete for massive contracts to provide electricity, established record after record for cheap solar power. It started with a contract in January to produce electricity for $64 per megawatt-hour in India; then a deal in August pegging $29.10 per megawatt hour in Chile. That’s record-cheap electricity—roughly half the price of competing coal power.

Wind and solar, both half the price of dirty coal. And neither pollutes as does coal.
Because Bloomberg says so? Yet the subsidies continue? Nobody is building Solar without government money? You have anything technical or only bloomberg who profits from Solar?

I believe the fusion (an energy with a future) sector has the right idea; miniaturization.
twelve or one hundred and twenty, one volt turbines would have much less impact on our wildlife and ecosystems.
?????? Believing in something is fine, but? 1 volt? What does 1 volt power?
12, 1 volt turbines power a 12 volt battery. 120, 1 volt turbines can power a household circuit.

That is a great sentiment, but making me and the rest of the USA pay for your idea is tyranny.
why is that? we pay for your ideas.[/QUOTE]
Monkey see monkey do, is that all you got? To take my statement and post it as your own? You really can't support your position, thanks for letting me point that out to everyone which would be impossible without your help.

12, 1 volt turbines power a 12 volt battery. 120, 1 volt turbines can power a household circuit.
120? 1 volt batteries? Your numbers show you have no idea what you are stating. You went from fusion to batteries? 120 batteries? At 1 volt? That means nothing. You left out AMPS!!!! How about you learn about what you think and provide some real facts instead of this meaningless garbage.

why is that? we pay for your ideas.
Monkey see monkey do, is that all you got? To take my statement and post it as your own? You really can't support your position, thanks for letting me point that out to everyone which would be impossible without your help.

wind energy makes sense in some applications; better connectivity to the grid or advances in power storage, will help.

120? 1 volt batteries? Your numbers show you have no idea what you are stating. You went from fusion to batteries? 120 batteries? At 1 volt? That means nothing. You left out AMPS!!!! How about you learn about what you think and provide some real facts instead of this meaningless garbage.
You merely have lousy reading comprehension. We are discussing wind power and wind turbine technology.

it is a self evident truth. wind energy is available.
And the sad truth is, it is over 2000 years old and we have since found much more powerful sources of energy at a far cheaper price, and a cheaper price means less CO2 and pollution is produced.
wind energy is renewable. cheaper price does not mean less CO2.

I believe the fusion (an energy with a future) sector has the right idea; miniaturization.
twelve or one hundred and twenty, one volt turbines would have much less impact on our wildlife and ecosystems.

You merely have lousy reading comprehension. We are discussing wind power and wind turbine technology.

No, I would say you have a lousy memory and forgot what you were stated previously.

Last edited:
smaller turbines means less blade damage to wildlife. smaller turbines could also be placed where birds are a nuisance or a hazard; due to a lack of more, underground infrastructure; to "reclaim" that space from those birds.
They started with smaller turbine blades, and had the same result, lots of wildlife killed. You really have zero understanding of this, do you? Look up the Altamont Pass.
i am talking about one volt turbines about the size of model airplane engines. they can be placed almost anywhere, and in abundance.
This has been done and it failed because of the wiring and the blocked wind which made some very low in amperage which caused the string to fail.

No, I would say you have a lousy memory and forgot what you were stated previously.
we wouldn't need any other energy sources with enough fusion reactors and a redundant, fault tolerant grid.

This has been done and it failed because of the wiring and the blocked wind which made some very low in amperage which caused the string to fail.
better wiring designs were needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back