The classic rock bands have been coming to my town,anybody else been as fortunate as me lately? yahoo!!!

LA RAM FAN

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2008
I cannot believe for the life of me how my fortune has turned for me lately. I have seen two classic all time greats and favorites come to my area recently and have three more on the way two of the three being all time favorites of mine.

I recenty JUST BY SHEER LUCK no less,got to see Pat Benatar a week ago and Foreigner a few days ago. It was total luck I got to see Pat Benatar one of my top three favorite female musician artists of all time while at a subway,

I just happened to pick up a flyer with a music hall in my town advertising she was coming so i of course jumped on that once i saw that. Had i not been in subway that fateful day, I would have missed out on the opportunity of a lifetime. that was one of my top five favorite concerts ever of all time.. a few weeks ago i was doing a google search of Foreigner and noticed they were in my area as well so i also them recently as well .Not one of my favorites but i like them no less so I'm glad i can say I got to see them in my lifetime as well.

Bruce Springsteen is coming in march so i will see him as well. another not a favorite of mine but want to see sense i can say i saw him also and I have already discussed previously that in early september,I will be traveling to Arizona to visit my brother to see Duran Duran also one of my top five favorite bands. Now things just got even MORE amazing and better for me,

The all time classic The Eagles i just learned last night,has expanded their tour and they ALSO are coming to my area in November.yahoo!!!!!

Man I must be doing something right the fact I have never had this kind of fortune in my life of so many bands that I love come to my area in such a short time in the same span of time. ANYBODY ELSE here recently have the kind of fortune smile down on them as i have?

Last edited:
Most of these bands, like Foreigner, have one original member. Hard pass.

Benatar/Giraldo might be nice to see.

Oh and this does not even include some of the other famous classic ones as well that were in my area but i chose not to see them because they dont do anything for me which is cheap trick,Earth,Wind,and Fire and The Who as well. Yeah yeah I know you all may be saying I am a crazy nut for passing up The Who but frankly I fail to see anything great about them.I listened to their twenty greatest hits recently and other then WHO ARE YOU and TOMMY,those were the only songs on there that did not sound like garbage that was music to me,the rest did not sound like music at all,it just sounded like noise so i can live with it passing up the chance to see the who.

I cannot believe my fortune how i got to see Pat Benatar and will get to see the eagles as well,you just dont know how much longer these guys will be around.Look what happened to Glenn Fry and Eddie Van Halen.

Last edited:
XXXXX-meister
As she should. She's a good American. And I always thought she was THE face of female rock. Not Joan Jett, not the Go-Go's, not Lita Ford. Benatar and Grace Slick.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is a music thread ...politics is elsewhere.....
:thankusmile: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Getting back to the TALENT of Benatar,when I saw her a week ago I went in with VERY LOW expectatations.She does not sound like she used to and she for sure looks quite a bit older,having said that she exceeded all my expectatations so much I got to say it’s one of my top five favorite concerts of all time ever.

In one of my threads I made of her,I showed footage of a concert she gave in 83 and one from last year and you can see and hear how much she has changed.I thought from hearing her in that video concert from last year she would sound bad at the concert,I could not have been more wrong.she sounds MUCH better in concert live than she does on video. :) video footage does not do her justice.

Her and Ann Wilson are probably the most talented rock stars out there.shania Twain I would put in there as well but she is country though.

Many of the other female singers they just don’t have the talent she has.People like Madonna,Lita Ford,and Joan Jett they dream thst they have the talent she does.

Last edited:
My music taste is awesome. Im just not 80
Not if you say those musicians and artists I mentioned you don’ have good taste..the ones I mentioned thst have been around and are famous thst I said I passed up cheap trick,earth wind and fire and The Who,now if those were the only three I mentioned you would be correct thst that’s horrible.

Most of these bands, like Foreigner, have one original member. Hard pass.

Benatar/Giraldo might be nice to see.

And Mick Jones only plays sporadically now. I agree, it's not Foreigner.

I am going to go see Al Stewart next week. I've set a limit. $100 for a ticket, no more. (Al Stewart wasn't but about half that).

That sounds horrible. Not sure that would be considered "fortunate" :dunno:
:rofl: :auiqs.jpg: Millions of fans around the country disagree with you.i don’t think those millions are the ones that are all wrong and your the one right.:abgg2q.jpg::rofl:

I am going to go see Al Stewart next week. I've set a limit. $100 for a ticket, no more. (Al Stewart wasn't but about half that).
That’s why I’m glad they were not one of my favorites growing up.they got some good songs and music no doubt but had I missed them I wouldn’t have been really bummed out about it like I would have been with pat.i don’t know how I would have been able to get over later on learning I missed her.that would have been so depressing.It’s the same with Journey.Journey is just journey in name only without Steve Perry.If they came here in the future I don’t think I would see them.

I am grateful beyond words The Eagles decided to expand their tour and come to my area.It won’t be the same without Glenn Frey but it will still be a blast,they at least still have Don Henley and joe Walsh..as I said previously,I am very fortunate.we just don’t know how much longer these guys are going to be around.Who knows how much longer pat and Neil will be around or Don Henley,joe Walsh and the rest of the members of The Eagles,we just don’t know.Phil Collins is deathly ill which is why he doesn’t tour anymore and Like I said before,just look what happened to Glenn Frey and Eddie Van Halen.

Duran Duran is the exception of bands thst still have the same original band members together so I’m very lucky I’m getting this opportunity to see them,this could very well be my last chance.we just don’t know how much longer they will all still be around and with them,there’s no telling if they still are around in the future if they will tour the states again either.there’s no guarantees.

Last edited:
:rofl: :auiqs.jpg: Millions of fans around the country disagree with you.i don’t think those millions are the ones that are all wrong and your the one right.:abgg2q.jpg::rofl:
There are millions of boomers that grew up on lazy music. I agree.

There very few, if any, artists I'd pay $100 to see. I've just been in the business too long, and the shine is off the apple, as it were. I would only pay that for a sentimental reason, or someone truly special. If Mark and Mike brought Level 42 to the States, or Difford & Tilbrook brought Squeeze over for a tour I'd prolly pay $100. But not for Bruce or any of the other classic rock acts. I can't even say I'd pay that for Sir Paul, although it would be tempting for the historic aspect.

But...I would pay up to $500 to see Kate Bush, anywhere, anytime. A true Goddess only comes along once in a lifetime.

The smartest thing the Eagles could do would be to convince Jackson Browne to play the part of Glenn Frey on a tour. He wrote 'Take It Easy' and would fit perfectly. They could add some of his hits, and the harmonies behind those songs would be great. J.D. Souther would also be great but he's too old now.

Many of the other female singers they just don’t have the talent she has.People like Madonna,Lita Ford,and Joan Jett they dream thst they have the talent she does.
Madonna was immensely talented through around 1995. Just an OK singer, but a elite, top teir performer, a creative choreographer and dancer, and one of the better songwriters of the 1980s, especially when paired with Pat Leonard. You don't have to like her music to recognize her talent and massive contributions.

Forum List

Back