The Christian Tithe ripoff.

20 more reasons why the Christian tithe is a rip off;

20 Reasons You Should Stop Tithing
Interesting.

I note two things .....

1) You have no practical understanding of tithing. The very idea that the money goes to God is beyond laughable, and clearly demonstrates a level of ignorance beyond normal human conception. Further, I wonder why you think it is within your purview to judge the actions of others. Maybe you should look a little closer to home.

2) I am continually amazed about how atheists feel the visceral need to prove their position. I wonder who they are trying to convince - Christians or themselves. It appears atheists don't exactly really believe the nonsense they spout - and are looking for validation. Christian, on the other hand, seem very content with who they are and what they believe. It's almost as if we recognize the more atheists there are, the more backyard space we'll have in Heaven.

The Christian tithe is a fraud. Some even believe they will be cursed if they do not give. Its fearful nonsense.

Interesting.

I note two things .....

1) You have no practical understanding of tithing. The very idea that the money goes to God is beyond laughable, and clearly demonstrates a level of ignorance beyond normal human conception. Further, I wonder why you think it is within your purview to judge the actions of others. Maybe you should look a little closer to home.

2) I am continually amazed about how atheists feel the visceral need to prove their position. I wonder who they are trying to convince - Christians or themselves. It appears atheists don't exactly really believe the nonsense they spout - and are looking for validation. Christian, on the other hand, seem very content with who they are and what they believe. It's almost as if we recognize the more atheists there are, the more backyard space we'll have in Heaven.

The Christian tithe is a fraud. Some even believe they will be cursed if they do not give. Its fearful nonsense.

None of which changes the original position - it's none of your damn business what people choose to do.

Interesting.

I note two things .....

You're obsessed with something you don't understand. Let it go.

The Christian tithe is a fraud. Some even believe they will be cursed if they do not give. Its fearful nonsense

Many believe they will be blessed and provided economic safety by tithing. When I went to church, I tithed 10% plus faithfully, did not make a ton of money and never had money problems. I'm not even saying that it's because of God (or not), only that, if nothing else, it makes you budget conscious - the folks in church that DID NOT tithe always had excuses, but, they could always afford to take big vacations, go out to eat 4 times a week with their kids, etc etc. If you DO believe in God, find a good church, make sure you can see their budget, and give so that good can be done for others and in the community.

Giving to a televangilst - no. Just don't.

The people need to be made aware of the TV scam artists of this world, like Mike Murdocks
Does Mike Murdock's 58 days seed covenant really work?

most on TV are nothing but scam artists. Give to your local church and mission, if you feel the need to give, not to these scam artists who prey on the gullible.

They need to make these faux churches pay taxes.

Interesting.

I note two things .....

None of which changes the original position - it's none of your damn business what people choose to do.

Your suggesting that I remain silent;

no, I will not.

The Christian tithe is a fraud. Some even believe they will be cursed if they do not give. Its fearful nonsense

Many believe they will be blessed and provided economic safety by tithing. When I went to church, I tithed 10% plus faithfully, did not make a ton of money and never had money problems. I'm not even saying that it's because of God (or not), only that, if nothing else, it makes you budget conscious - the folks in church that DID NOT tithe always had excuses, but, they could always afford to take big vacations, go out to eat 4 times a week with their kids, etc etc. If you DO believe in God, find a good church, make sure you can see their budget, and give so that good can be done for others and in the community.

Find a good church; what's a good church?

You find a church that blends with you beliefs. If none, then, no church

There are none good, no not one.

Interesting.

I note two things .....

no, I will not.
I suggest nothing .....

1) I maintain that my relationship with the church is none of your damn business, and I would appreciate you remembering that.

2) Feel free to spout all the nonsense you wish - you shall be judged by the level of intelligence you fail to display.

Interesting.

I note two things .....

no, I will not.
I suggest nothing .....

1) I maintain that my relationship with the church is none of your damn business, and I would appreciate you remembering that.

2) Feel free to spout all the nonsense you wish - you shall be judged by the level of intelligence you fail to display.

I started this thread and I am discussing the deception of the Christian tithe. I did not force you to come to the thread, but you are welcome. I will continue to discuss it. I could careless about your relationship with the church.

And I will be judged, and one thing I am absolutely sure of, is that you will have absolutely nothing to do with it. Peace on your journey.

The people need to be made aware of the TV scam artists of this world, like Mike Murdocks

most on TV are nothing but scam artists. Give to your local church and mission, if you feel the need to give, not to these scam artists who prey on the gullible.

What if I decide not to give to any church; what will God do to me then?

Nothing , God is not in need of money. Now greed is different, its one of the seven deadly sins. If you do not belong to a church don't tithe, but it should not keep you from charitable causes, such as your local food bank.

I give to the regular food bank, because at the mission they have to listen to hell and brimstone preachers before they are fed.

You had a bad experience, I get that. Maybe that explains your crusade and obsession, but let it go. Others do not share your experience and will not, no matter how hard you try to make them.

Nothing , God is not in need of money. Now greed is different, its one of the seven deadly sins. If you do not belong to a church don't tithe, but it should not keep you from charitable causes, such as your local food bank.

I give to the regular food bank, because at the mission they have to listen to hell and brimstone preachers before they are fed.

Well thank you, I agree. I agree totally with giving; to family first, and then charities of your choice. Even a church, if they are not wrapped up in greed and this hell doctrine.

You had a bad experience, I get that. Maybe that explains your crusade and obsession, but let it go. Others do not share your experience and will not, no matter how hard you try to make them.

I disagree, this thread has enough interest to suit me. I will not give up this truth.

I disagree, this thread has enough interest to suit me. I will not give up this truth.

Then you should make sure you're telling the truth.

Hadit, and this is truth as well, what I am about to say. The truth you are conscious of, others have different truths they are conscious of. We just see things far differently, but I am sure there are a few things we can agree with; some things in Christianity I agree with. If one gets with a group of people that they totally agree with, that would be a wonderful thing. I have never met a group of believers that I totally agree with, so for the most part, I must walk alone. When I meet believers in God, I respect that at least . But I am a believer, I just read the bible and understand it as I see it. Can I be wrong about things, of course I can. In fact, I have looked back and seen things I have been wrong about biblically, for over 30 years. But at least I have seen the wrong and was led to correction.

So hey, we see what we see. Paul saw things differently than Peter did. Every Apostle in the bible had followers in their group who saw things differently. As did the disciples , that is not un normal or something; its just how it is.

Hadit, and this is truth as well, what I am about to say. The truth you are conscious of, others have different truths they are conscious of. We just see things far differently, but I am sure there are a few things we can agree with; some things in Christianity I agree with. If one gets with a group of people that they totally agree with, that would be a wonderful thing. I have never met a group of believers that I totally agree with, so for the most part, I must walk alone. When I meet believers in God, I respect that at least . But I am a believer, I just read the bible and understand it as I see it. Can I be wrong about things, of course I can. In fact, I have looked back and seen things I have been wrong about biblically, for over 30 years. But at least I have seen the wrong and was led to correction.

So hey, we see what we see. Paul saw things differently than Peter did. Every Apostle in the bible had followers in their group who saw things differently. As did the disciples , that is not un normal or something; its just how it is.
Fair enough on its face, but when you say things like there are no good churches, you have moved out of the arena of simple disagreement and are simply and completely wrong. Peter and Paul disagreed on whether to put observance of the Law on Gentile Christians, but they both agreed Yeshua is Lord.

Fair enough on its face, but when you say things like there are no good churches, you have moved out of the arena of simple disagreement and are simply and completely wrong. Peter and Paul disagreed on whether to put observance of the Law on Gentile Christians, but they both agreed Yeshua is Lord.

The bible does suggest that none are good or righteous; but fair enough, I should not group them all together, some are better than others. But I can say that I have never seen a " Good Church." Maybe some I have been exposed to in the 60's or 70's, but not recently. Its mostly the leaders fault In Jeremiah God himself said MANY Pastors have destroyed my vineyard, ( or his church). I could listen to the words of people, or believe what God has said. If you read the OT, some of the things God says about this whole world and HIS church, it will astonish you. Notice then Isaiah 40:17, " All nations before him are as nothing; and they are " Counted to him as Less than nothing and meaningless." Less than nothing, my goodness.

Forum List

Back