The Christian Tithe ripoff.

Its as if Christianity does not want to know the truth about the tithe; they are afraid of change. They have far too much pride, thinking they cannot be wrong about things. Pride comes before a fall. Their young people are being misled, whole families are being taught this horrible wrong. Some of their pastors even know this truth, but would rather have the money than to teach the truth.

Most churches receive far less than 10% of the congregants income. You're still complaining about people making voluntary choices with their own resources. IOW, it's their business, not yours.

Tithing is biblical, that makes it all of our business. But Tithing is not " Spiritual". The Tithe belonged to ancient Israel , essentially it was their income tax. The real biblical Tithe was three parts; a tithe of the produce of land to support the Levites , a tithe to support the festivals taken again from the produce of land, and a tithe taken from the produce of land collected every third year for the local levites , orphans, strangers and widows.

That is the biblical tithe. It was the product of the produce of land, NOT money.

Its as if Christianity does not want to know the truth about the tithe; they are afraid of change. They have far too much pride, thinking they cannot be wrong about things. Pride comes before a fall. Their young people are being misled, whole families are being taught this horrible wrong. Some of their pastors even know this truth, but would rather have the money than to teach the truth.

Most churches receive far less than 10% of the congregants income. You're still complaining about people making voluntary choices with their own resources. IOW, it's their business, not yours.

Tithing is biblical, that makes it all of our business. But Tithing is not " Spiritual". The Tithe belonged to ancient Israel , essentially it was their income tax. The real biblical Tithe was three parts; a tithe of the produce of land to support the Levites , a tithe to support the festivals taken again from the produce of land, and a tithe taken from the produce of land collected every third year for the local levites , orphans, strangers and widows.

That is the biblical tithe. It was the product of the produce of land, NOT money.

Still their business if they decide to give because they love God. It's up to Him to decide if their gift is wrong, not us.

Still their business if they decide to give because they love God. It's up to Him to decide if their gift is wrong, not us.

Why do you think money is a gift to God? Why do you think a love offering to God has to be money? If a human decides that they love God, what do you think God would want them to give? Can you think of all the things God would want from them, and I don't even think money would be on the list.

You can keep your money, give him your life.

Why do you think money is a gift to God? Why do you think a love offering to God has to be money? If a human decides that they love God, what do you think God would want them to give? Can you think of all the things God would want from them, and I don't even think money would be on the list.

You keep being rebellious, and not tithing, and I'll keep tithing and reaping the numerous rewards, k?

You're only losing out for yourself, just so you know. I haven't been without work in 15 years or more, have everything I need, you?

You keep being rebellious, and not tithing, and I'll keep tithing and reaping the numerous rewards, k?

You're only losing out for yourself, just so you know. I haven't been without work in 15 years or more, have everything I need, you?

I am doing good. I'm 62 years old and disabled. But I am able to help my people, both my son and his cousins. And I have all my needs and extra, and I do not tithe.

I am doing good. I'm 62 years old and disabled. But I am able to help my people, both my son and his cousins. And I have all my needs and extra, and I do not tithe.

You'd probably have more if you did. :dunno:

I have more than I ever had in my life, and it has absolutely nothing to do with tithing.

I have more than I ever had in my life, and it has absolutely nothing to do with tithing.

You sure do come across as a miserable cuss. I don't have all the answers and I've said my piece. Merry Christmas.

You sure do come across as a miserable cuss. I don't have all the answers and I've said my piece. Merry Christmas.

Peace to you.

He already said, derp! 10 percent. That is all.

Show me anywhere in the bible that God ask for 10 percent of anyone's money.

Well, that sure was a disingenuous challenge on your part. Merry Christmas!

All 17 Bible Verses About Tithing | Tithing Scriptures

Money is what we value. By giving it, we express faith that God will continue to provide. Do you think He needed the sheep, goats and grain offerings set forth in the Law? Of course not. The sacrifice is on our side and He gains nothing material from them. It is the act of the consecrated and thankful heart that He treasures.

You really need to stop obsessing over this and be free. You're giving it tremendous power over you.

Maybe you misunderstood the challenge , I asked for a scripture showing God asking for money. Or any scripture that shows God revealing the tithe to be money.

This I can't wait to see.

Money is what we value. By giving it, we express faith that God will continue to provide. Do you think He needed the sheep, goats and grain offerings set forth in the Law? Of course not. The sacrifice is on our side and He gains nothing material from them. It is the act of the consecrated and thankful heart that He treasures.

You really need to stop obsessing over this and be free. You're giving it tremendous power over you.

I agree that the real tithe was sheep, goats , grain, fruit, corn, land, but never money. The only time the tithe was money, is when the giver was traveling and had no room for all his produce, so they sold their produce because money was easy to carry. And I am not obsessing, this is only one thread, and I only continue on a thread if there is interest. I have been doing this for 25 years; I know when a thread is dead or finished.

Some threads are different, where in they seem to have a life of their own, they take dramatic turns and burst off into a longevity that is impressive. And you just ride it like a wave until it dies.

I know what gives it power, but I won't get into that.

Maybe you misunderstood the challenge , I asked for a scripture showing God asking for money. Or any scripture that shows God revealing the tithe to be money.

This I can't wait to see.

3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

2 Corinthians 4:4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Bible Gateway passage: 2 Peter 3 - King James Version

You won't understand because you don't want to understand. The tithe is 10% of what you bring in, be it harvest, or money.

OK so you don't like tithing then don't. However, the work of the Church has to be funded by the members in some way. There are expenses that need to paid, overhead, the cost to heat a building, supplies, etc. So, church members need to contribute regularly if they want a thriving church.
However, the govt steals a crap ton of money which supposedly is redistributed to the poor so just by paying taxes, you are paying for that as well. So, we can argue the 10% or not.

Forum List

Back