"The Case For Reparations"

The Case for Reparations - The Atlantic

"Two hundred fifty years of slavery. Ninety years of Jim Crow. Sixty years of separate but equal. Thirty-five years of racist housing policy. Until we reckon with our compounding moral debts, America will never be whole."
I am in favor of reparations.
We need to see what the average family income of African Americans is. Then we need to compare that to the average family income of Africans. Then we need to collect the difference from the African American community.
They owe us.

"Two hundred fifty years of slavery. Ninety years of Jim Crow. Sixty years of separate but equal. Thirty-five years of racist housing policy. Until we reckon with our compounding moral debts, America will never be whole."
I am in favor of reparations.
We need to see what the average family income of African Americans is. Then we need to compare that to the average family income of Africans. Then we need to collect the difference from the African American community.
They owe us.

Yes, I can imagine that you think that way. Because obviously to you, every African American living today is somehow also from Africa, what?

Damn, that is just plain old weird.

Slow day at Stormfront for you, Great-Grandpa?

Funny. Millions of black folks are very successful despite...all that supposed oppression in 2014.

What about Native Americans? We owe them reparations for stealing 99% of their land don't we? And how about Japanese Americans since we imprisoned Japanese citizens during World War II in Internment camps? Let's just go right down the list for every Race that has ever suffered as a result of American policy and empty the Treasury paying off every single one of them and their kin so that we can at last be "whole".

What about Native Americans? We owe them reparations for stealing 99% of their land don't we? And how about Japanese Americans since we imprisoned Japanese citizens during World War II in Internment camps? Let's just go right down the list for every Race that has ever suffered as a result of American policy and empty the Treasury paying off every single one of them and their kin so that we can at last be "whole".
As my Grandmother told me, after I ask why my Delaware Indian cousins got checks from the govt. for reparations....She told me that all ended long ago for Cherokees...

How about they pay reparations for the 350,000 Union soldiers who lost their lives freeing them. And their families, and their loss of property. No black person living today has suffered under slavery other than that which they have created in their own minds.

The Chinese were treated like dogs. In fact they were murdered in the streets like dogs unlike the black slaves who actually had value and were at least accorded the defense of "property". Now, 150 years after slavery ended and only 125 years after the Chinese were considered target worthy, the Chinese are universally productive members of society and own more than most of the families of the scumbags who used to kill them for sport.

The reparation seeking blacks are still wallowing in self misery begging for handouts. It's time for them to grow up.

How about they pay reparations for the 350,000 Union soldiers who lost their lives freeing them. And their families, and their loss of property. No black person living today has suffered under slavery other than that which they have created in their own minds.

The Chinese were treated like dogs. In fact they were murdered in the streets like dogs unlike the black slaves who actually had value and were at least accorded the defense of "property". Now, 150 years after slavery ended and only 125 years after the Chinese were considered target worthy, the Chinese are universally productive members of society and own more than most of the families of the scumbags who used to kill them for sport.

The reparation seeking blacks are still wallowing in self misery begging for handouts. It's time for them to grow up.
And the Confederate supporters...

Ummm, we gave the gooks reparations. Indians were paid for their land and they receive reparations in the form of reservations and a lot of Federal $$$$.

I am not saying blacks deserve reparations, I am simply pointing out your hypocrisy and low info.

And we wonder why there s a hate narrative on USMB.

And dont forget the Mexicans!!! We stole their land.

Oh oh oh...and Eskimos. OH...and Hawaiian natives...we stole that.

And we owe England 250 years of back taxes too!

Funny. Millions of black folks are very successful despite...all that supposed oppression in 2014.
I live in a mostly black county that has a median household income on par with the richest counties of half of the states. They still bitch about racism.
Hypocrites.
Don't give these people a dime in the name of any oppression. Instead, charge them a tax for every home lacking family structure (mom and dad).

And the Confederate supporters...

Absolutely, all the underground railroad people who lost everything helping the escaped slaves to freedom.

Forum List

Back