The Carnal Mind is Tricked

HumptyDumpty

Rookie
Oct 8, 2008
California
I want to show you how we so easily can be tricked and are carnally minded(in the flesh) when we read scripture, so much so that things that are hidden we miss……

Here is the experiment: What works does Jesus say we must do in the following passage …..? Realizing that I already told you that your mind is going to be tricked into thinking carnally instead of spiritually…..Give me your answer after you study these 2 verses then if you don't see it I'll show you a pearl….P.S. these verses were set up by God this way on purpose to hide the pearl…..

John 6:28, 29 - Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

In the above verses what works does Jesus say we must do?

Send me your answer

Last edited:
I want to show you how we so easily can be tricked and are carnally minded(in the flesh) when we read scripture, so much so that things that are hidden we miss……

Here is the experiment: What works does Jesus say we must do in the following passage …..? Realizing that I already told you that your mind is going to be tricked into thinking carnally instead of spiritually…..Give me your answer after you study these 2 verses then if you don't see it I'll show you a pearl….P.S. these verses were set up by God this way on purpose to hide the pearl…..

John 6:28, 29 - Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

What works does Jesus say we must do?

Send me your answer

Love God and Love each other.

I gotta have more cowbell..

but he saying believe in me that God and I are one

Believe in Christ.

Your answer, jla and Andrew, is the majority response. Read it again carefully to find a hidden pearl. Hint: Notice Jesus never reveals to them what "their" work should be.

Your mind is tricked by the question they ask, "What must 'we' do...."

Last edited:
Your answer jla is the majority response. Read it again carefully to find a hidden pearl. Hint: Notice Jesus never reveals to them what "their" work should be.

Your mind is tricked by the question they ask, "What must 'we' do...."

no--it really isn't.

Since Jesus said that "this is the work of God" that those of us that believe in Him, believe in Him....

the answer would be nothing....and support the "predisposition" doctrine....we were chosen before we were born.....our insight in to who Jesus Christ is was given to us from above....

I am uncertain how this also fits with the doctrines of free will that many Christian churches have also taken....?

Care

Since Jesus said that "this is the work of God" that those of us that believe in Him, believe in Him....

the answer would be nothing....and support the "predisposition" doctrine....we were chosen before we were born.....our insight in to who Jesus Christ is was given to us from above....

I am uncertain how this also fits with the doctrines of free will that many Christian churches have also taken....?

Care

Jesus cited many works that were to be done --all having to do with loving. Believing is not a work. Loving is.

Care
Exactly correct Care4all....For insight on the last part of your statement see my blog post "Then Shall Two be in the Field"

God is surely capable of finishing his work

Well I'm lost.
Have we gotten an answer yet? I haven't time to delve into the passage right now..

gobbly gook-----

you asked

Do you just suggest we ignore his answers ?
LOL! Care4all gave the answer...Jesus never reveals what "their work" should be. But he does reveal something...It is way more exciting if you find it yourself. Read Care4all's post if can't see it.

I just had to laugh at the irony of your signature....Laughing with you not at you.

Last edited:
LOL! Care4all gave the answer...Jesus never reveals what "their work" should be. But he does reveal something...It is way more exciting if you find it yourself. Read Care4all's post if can't see it.

I just had to laugh at the irony of your signature....Laughing with you not at you.

semantic games bore me. Jesus very clearly commands people to love.

semantic games bore me. Jesus very clearly commands people to love.
dilloduck, are you reading the same verse we are? We are talking about a hidden gem in a specific verse....Yes Jesus commands us to love but you are missing the point of my post. Please read the original post.

dilloduck, are you reading the same verse we are? We are talking about a hidden gem in a specific verse....Yes Jesus commands us to love but you are missing the point of my post. Please read the original post.

I'm obviously much less impressed by this "gem" than you are. Faith without works is dead.

gobbly gook-----

you asked

Do you just suggest we ignore his answers ?

i think what he is trying to say, is that the good works in which you speak about or that Jesus spoke about....like loving God with all of your heart mind and soul and loving thy neighbor in the same manner etc,

are certainly good works we will do, and we will feel compelled to do, so much so, that we think we are doing them, all on our own....carnal knowledge, earthly knowledge....putting oneself higher up on a pedestal than we actually deserve or simply, we are being conceited....giving no credit to God, manifested in the Holy Spirit as the one who truely is guiding us in to our good works....or communicating with us thru our conscience or mind....

care

i think what he is trying to say, is that the good works in which you speak about or that Jesus spoke about....like loving God with all of your heart mind and soul and loving thy neighbor in the same manner etc,

are certainly good works we will do, and we will feel compelled to do, so much so, that we think we are doing them, all on our own....carnal knowledge, earthly knowledge....putting oneself higher up on a pedestal than we actually deserve or simply, we are being conceited....giving no credit to God, manifested in the Holy Spirit as the one who truely is guiding us in to our good works....or communicating with us thru our conscience or mind....

care

mostly likely some are delusional enough to think they are doing it all with no help from above. That doesn't mean everyone is. Believing is only half the job. You don't just sit on your ass. You participate.

care

I understand what you are saying here but the point I'm trying to nail home is that God is working that we might believe and all of us who know God realize that he will not fail in his quest for us (who is us?) to believe.

Also that because they ask "what must we do.." our mind tricks us from seeing that Jesus reveals that God is doing the work that leads to our belief...completely eliminating self righteousness.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back