The Bush Tax Cuts got us in this mess:

Maybe you could tell me if cutting taxes is what you do when "Washington is taking in too much money" then don't you raise taxes when Washington is taking in too little money? Or is your actual plan just to kill America?

then don't you raise taxes when Washington is taking in too little money?

When your income doesn't match your spending, you cut your spending.
You don't raise your spending by huge amounts, year after year.
That's worth repeating.

When you've already put it on the credit card a better option would be to pick up a few more days at work, unless the spending you're talking about is defaulting on your debt, but that can make things tough in the future if you been cutting back your hours the way we have been taxes till your only working about 20% of what you used too, well maybe working a little harder would be better than defaulting on your obligations.

It's really stupid to work 8 hours a week then tell your banker you're broke and can't pay your bills....

Maybe you could tell me if cutting taxes is what you do when "Washington is taking in too much money" then don't you raise taxes when Washington is taking in too little money? Or is your actual plan just to kill America?

That's worth repeating.

To put it simply, you should spend only what you need to, but you always levy sufficient
tax to cover what you spend. Failure to levy the tax does not suddenly make the spending unnecessary it just make the person who does it a pander.

That's worth repeating.

When you've already put it on the credit card a better option would be to pick up a few more days at work, unless the spending you're talking about is defaulting on your debt, but that can make things tough in the future if you been cutting back your hours the way we have been taxes till your only working about 20% of what you used too, well maybe working a little harder would be better than defaulting on your obligations.

It's really stupid to work 8 hours a week then tell your banker you're broke and can't pay your bills....

When you've already put it on the credit card a better option would be to pick up a few more days at work

When "picking up a few more days at work" means taking more money from people who actually work, I'm going to have to disagree that it is a better option.

maybe working a little harder would be better than defaulting on your obligations.

If you're worried about defaulting, cutting your spending becomes even more important.

That's worth repeating.

When you've already put it on the credit card a better option would be to pick up a few more days at work

When "picking up a few more days at work" means taking more money from people who actually work, I'm going to have to disagree that it is a better option.

maybe working a little harder would be better than defaulting on your obligations.

If you're worried about defaulting, cutting your spending becomes even more important.

I know reality is tough for a con to understand, but let me clue you in a little, we are all Americans, we have to work to make money, we have to use that money to pay for stuff, some stuff we chip in on like roads because that's what works best, some things we buy on our own like lunch, and together we decide on which is which, but we have to work to make the money, it is not "the government's debt" it is our debt and we need to pay it off, and that means working harder and taking some of the money made and paying the debt.

I know reality is tough for a con to understand, but let me clue you in a little, we are all Americans, we have to work to make money, we have to use that money to pay for stuff, some stuff we chip in on like roads because that's what works best, some things we buy on our own like lunch, and together we decide on which is which, but we have to work to make the money, it is not "the government's debt" it is our debt and we need to pay it off, and that means working harder and taking some of the money made and paying the debt.

it is not "the government's debt" it is our debt and we need to pay it off, and that means working harder and taking some of the money made and paying the debt.

Excellent idea! It's easier to pay off the debt if you don't continue to add to it with new and higher spending.

it is not "the government's debt" it is our debt and we need to pay it off, and that means working harder and taking some of the money made and paying the debt.

Excellent idea! It's easier to pay off the debt if you don't continue to add to it with new and higher spending.

Well if you really mean it I do think spending ten times as much as anybody else on guns is a little wierd and having over two million in prison, that can't be right, so sure let's do some cuttin' where we are overspending

of course till we do cut that spending we need to adjust taxes so we don't add anything to the problem, right?

YO expat-panama
--that according to Abraham Lincoln most quotes on the internet are made up.
Are you suggesting that I have been inaccurate in my memory?

How much of your rep are you willing to risk?

Do you want to admit you know nothing of such an important testimony?

As far as your chart goes, what mystery is there in cutting cap gains and watching the pigs feed?

Do you come here to mislead often?

How much of his rep? :lol::lol::lol:

You must be a sock.

And I think I know whose sock you are.

Idiot.

Haven't heard from you since I put the full quote up what's the matter cat got your tongue?

Well if you really mean it I do think spending ten times as much as anybody else on guns is a little wierd and having over two million in prison, that can't be right, so sure let's do some cuttin' where we are overspending

of course till we do cut that spending we need to adjust taxes so we don't add anything to the problem, right?

and having over two million in prison, that can't be right, so sure let's do some cuttin'

How does cutting spending by releasing convicted criminals from prison help things?
I do agree that keeping guys on death row for 30 years is a waste of money.

of course till we do cut that spending we need to adjust taxes so we don't add anything to the problem, right

You bet! Until we cut the spending down to what it was in say 2006, we must immediately raise taxes back to where they were in 2006.

and having over two million in prison, that can't be right, so sure let's do some cuttin'

How does cutting spending by releasing convicted criminals from prison help things?

of course till we do cut that spending we need to adjust taxes so we don't add anything to the problem, right

You bet! Until we cut the spending down to what it was in say 2006, we must immediately raise taxes back to where they were in 2006.

see you got your dates mixed up till we do this cutting you speak of we got to cover what we're spending now, but at least you agree on the principle that a huge tax increase is needed NOW,

well the thing about the prison is, I know of people doing thirty years for stealing a 140$ tv I don't think we need to be paying prison guards for people like that, also we seem to be all up in people personnel business in this country and putting people in jail (if they're poor) when they don't want to do as we tell them to, I don'y think if we were really about small government we would be trying to tell everybody how to live (or putting the poor ones in prison) but of course when you got private prison beds to fill and the politicians ear with your campaign check well they got to put somebody in there so the tax payers can give you lots of money so then you give it to me. So you see it's one of our biggest costs, not as big as the military though you do want to slash that right?

see you got your dates mixed up till we do this cutting you speak of we got to cover what we're spending now, but at least you agree on the principle that a huge tax increase is needed NOW,

well the thing about the prison is, I know of people doing thirty years for stealing a 140$ tv I don't think we need to be paying prison guards for people like that, also we seem to be all up in people personnel business in this country and putting people in jail (if they're poor) when they don't want to do as we tell them to, I don'y think if we were really about small government we would be trying to tell everybody how to live (or putting the poor ones in prison) but of course when you got private prison beds to fill and the politicians ear with your campaign check well they got to put somebody in there so the tax payers can give you lots of money so then you give it to me. So you see it's one of our biggest costs, not as big as the military though you do want to slash that right?

see you got your dates mixed up

You're right. I meant 2007. In 2007 the deficit was $161 billion.

but at least you agree on the principle that a huge tax increase is needed NOW,

Yes! We must increase taxes to the 2007 level. And reduce spending to below the 2007 level. Well below the 2007 level.

Yeah, because that has worked so well in the past, when the hell has the federal government ever cut spending?

Reagan fell for that stupidity and the taxes went up and the cutting never occurred. Why not cut first then raise the taxes?

You cut where you have to send the responsibility of education back to the states, cut Congressional staffing by 50%, cut defense 25%, cut research grants by 75%, cut Amtrak out completely. Have all management in the federal government work on streaming lining and not adding more paperwork. Don't touch SSI, unless it is streamlining, it is a trust account. Cut all departments 25%.

Let me clue you in on a little something, Great Day. My husband and I worked very hard all our lives working 60 to 80 hour weeks to save up so we could have a comfortable retirement. When we did, we moved to our vision of the American dream, a small acreage with a house big enough for me to do charity work of handcrafting things for the poor and remembrances for wounded soldiers. Three years later, instead of lowering taxes for retirees, the money-hungry area politicians decided to hike taxes on small property owners. We now have to take $7,000 a year out of our IRS savings, which are taxed when we take them out, to pay only taxes. Libs shut down nearby drilling rigs three years ago to send a message to people Obama hates--British Petroleum. Our gas rates more than doubled. We have the same problems most older people have with health, and Libs forced Insurance Companies to run scared when they passed Obamacare. Our health deductible went from $200 a year to $2500 a year, so the Insurance Company could brace itself for Libbie-planned destruction of another private industry than the gas companies. My husband refused his dementia medication because he's smart and still remembers spending more than you take in is a bad idea. Now I get to talk to myself, watch him go downhill, and wonder what I am gonna do when that $7,000 a year takes all the money away from my family that we were going to use to live on and go places we hadn't seen yet. Financially, the government here is forcing us to live in far worse conditions than we were in when we were working our butts off to get here. We will die paupers for the successes we achieved in life, but not to worry. The government has a plan to take away our house and acreage if we sign it over to them to get a little money to make ends meet.

I'm sick of greedy government gauging people for every little ounce it can take, take, and keep on taking.

They will be greater vultures when my husband dies from the heinous symptoms of his disease we were fighting before Obamacare was passed. It came to my attention that the reason Pelosi told the Congress to "Don't read, just pass" Obamacare: it forces healthcare workers to become unionized, which in their planning, recruits for Libbies a huge percentage of educated voters into their giv-a-mint hell, takes more money from senior citizens than they get to buy food with, will raise the taxes raised by Obamacare to be the highest rate hike on not only the Middle Class, but Seniors who have private insurance as well.

When we die, if we have anything left to hand to children to keep my business open to support a small number of American workers, the government will take so much of it away, they will have to sell the business' real estate, only to have the stinking government to vulch it away in taxes libbies insisted on levying against estates. The net result is my family's pursuit of happiness is made void, my two children will be left holding the bag, the government will destroy jobs my business was creating when it destroys my business' viability through estate taxes. They will also get my property which preserves the sustenance of one family of Great White Egrets, an endangered specie, so they can crowd high rise apartments into it filled with the children of illegal aliens instead of allowing my children to profit from any sale.

I'm starting to hate the government and those who take away earnings from people who worked hard all their lives in the private sector. Libbies are using the government as an expedient way to pick the pockets of people who spent a career accepting low-middle class wages, got a little lucky on one investment, then had government at federal, state, and county levels waiting like turkey vultures to consume it like carrion feeders at the end of the line, which they hastened by passing Obamacare and making my husband avoid taking his expensive medicine. I will lose him because you are greedy, and I hate you the most.

Let me clue you in on a little something, Great Day. My husband and I worked very hard all our lives working 60 to 80 hour weeks to save up so we could have a comfortable retirement. When we did, we moved to our vision of the American dream, a small acreage with a house big enough for me to do charity work of handcrafting things for the poor and remembrances for wounded soldiers. Three years later, instead of lowering taxes for retirees, the money-hungry area politicians decided to hike taxes on small property owners. We now have to take $7,000 a year out of our IRS savings, which are taxed when we take them out, to pay only taxes. Libs shut down nearby drilling rigs three years ago to send a message to people Obama hates--British Petroleum. Our gas rates more than doubled. We have the same problems most older people have with health, and Libs forced Insurance Companies to run scared when they passed Obamacare. Our health deductible went from $200 a year to $2500 a year, so the Insurance Company could brace itself for Libbie-planned destruction of another private industry than the gas companies. My husband refused his dementia medication because he's smart and still remembers spending more than you take in is a bad idea. Now I get to talk to myself, watch him go downhill, and wonder what I am gonna do when that $7,000 a year takes all the money away from my family that we were going to use to live on and go places we hadn't seen yet. Financially, the government here is forcing us to live in far worse conditions than we were in when we were working our butts off to get here. We will die paupers for the successes we achieved in life, but not to worry. The government has a plan to take away our house and acreage if we sign it over to them to get a little money to make ends meet.

I'm sick of greedy government gauging people for every little ounce it can take, take, and keep on taking.

They will be greater vultures when my husband dies from the heinous symptoms of his disease we were fighting before Obamacare was passed. It came to my attention that the reason Pelosi told the Congress to "Don't read, just pass" Obamacare: it forces healthcare workers to become unionized, which in their planning, recruits for Libbies a huge percentage of educated voters into their giv-a-mint hell, takes more money from senior citizens than they get to buy food with, will raise the taxes raised by Obamacare to be the highest rate hike on not only the Middle Class, but Seniors who have private insurance as well.

When we die, if we have anything left to hand to children to keep my business open to support a small number of American workers, the government will take so much of it away, they will have to sell the business' real estate, only to have the stinking government to vulch it away in taxes libbies insisted on levying against estates. The net result is my family's pursuit of happiness is made void, my two children will be left holding the bag, the government will destroy jobs my business was creating when it destroys my business' viability through estate taxes. They will also get my property which preserves the sustenance of one family of Great White Egrets, an endangered specie, so they can crowd high rise apartments into it filled with the children of illegal aliens instead of allowing my children to profit from any sale.

I'm starting to hate the government and those who take away earnings from people who worked hard all their lives in the private sector. Libbies are using the government as an expedient way to pick the pockets of people who spent a career accepting low-middle class wages, got a little lucky on one investment, then had government at federal, state, and county levels waiting like turkey vultures to consume it like carrion feeders at the end of the line, which they hastened by passing Obamacare and making my husband avoid taking his expensive medicine. I will lose him because you are greedy, and I hate you the most.

There are a million stories in the dirty little city, I could tell you tales of unfulfilled potential because some program got cut and a cure was not found, but none of that changes the fact that taxes on the wealthy have not been lower since the rise of the robber barons before the Great Depression, I hear a lot of people got hurt by that my family was one of them, but the Government pulled us out of it thank God.

The fact is we had fair tax rates that were covering the costs of government and the GOP screwed it up because in their words government was taking in too much money and they have not changed one bit since then, so if we ever want America to get back on track we must throw ALL Republicans from office so they can't screw it up again.

You know reading your story a person wouldn't know you were sitting on a pile of 5 or 10 million bucks, you could of used some of that one would think......

Do you really not know the difference between "mom and pop" and a billion dollar business?

taxes on the wealthy have not been lower since the rise of the robber barons before the Great Depression,

way too stupid as usual!! The government is far bigger than ever right now ($ 4 trillion a year) and the top 1% pay 40% of all federal taxes while the bottom 50% don't pay taxes. The wealthy pay 100% you just lack the IQ to know it!!

I hear a lot of people got hurt by that [Great Depression] my family was one of them, but the Government pulled us out of it thank God.

Dear, if they had not started the Great Depression, like the current depression, they would not have had to pull us out of it with a World War. Are you dumb enough to thank a guy for fixing you're broken leg after he brike it???

See why we are 100% sure a liberal will be slow, so very very slow.

There are a million stories in the dirty little city, I could tell you tales of unfulfilled potential because some program got cut and a cure was not found, but none of that changes the fact that taxes on the wealthy have not been lower since the rise of the robber barons before the Great Depression, I hear a lot of people got hurt by that my family was one of them, but the Government pulled us out of it thank God.

The fact is we had fair tax rates that were covering the costs of government and the GOP screwed it up because in their words government was taking in too much money and they have not changed one bit since then, so if we ever want America to get back on track we must throw ALL Republicans from office so they can't screw it up again.

taxes on the wealthy have not been lower since the rise of the robber barons

All the way back in 1988, the top rate was 28%.

taxes on the wealthy have not been lower since the rise of the robber barons before the Great Depression,

way too stupid as usual!! The government is far bigger than ever right now ($ 4 trillion a year) and the top 1% pay 40% of all federal taxes while the bottom 50% don't pay taxes. The wealthy pay 100% you just lack the IQ to know it!!

See why we are 100% sure a liberal will be slow, so very very slow.
way too stupid as usual!!

The wealthy pay nothing, you just lack the IQ to know it!!
The WAGE EARNER pays the bulk of the taxes! It is so well known even your MessiahRushie admits it.

See why we are 100% sure the CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood will be slow, so very very slow.

August 7, 2007
CALLER: And, you know, and the way our tax system works, we have an overly complex system, which in and of itself is a problem, but the way our tax system works and the way the tax laws are written, it's based on a few kind of like hinge numbers like adjusted gross income and taxable income, and while the soak the rich -- or however you choose to describe it -- really doesn't come down that way. It really comes down to much lower income levels.

RUSH: It does, exactly, and here's the dirty little secret if you ever to pull it off. It's hard. This is why most people don't understand the tax-the-rich business. You've got to structure your life so you have no "earned" income. I'm out of time. I'll explain that. There's a category called earned income versus other kinds of income. Earned income is what the income tax rate is on. That's how "the rich" do it. They don't have "earned" income.
END TRANSCRIPT

The Truth About Taxes
August 6, 2007
RUSH: I've told you before: the income tax is designed to keep people like his [Buffett's] secretary from becoming wealthy! There is no "wealth" tax. So this is a big misnomer. ...
But there's no tax on wealth. There is a tax on income, and the tax on income is designed to keep everybody who is not wealthy from getting there.
I'm talking about genuine wealth, not the way Democrats define "rich."

I'm not going to be your victim poster child.

You are turning the system around to being the government as Robber Baron. I do not like what you are doing.

Obama has raised the cost of living in every area by 21%. Retired people do not get 21% raises over a four year period. Our dollar only goes 79% of what it bought 4 years ago, and when next year rolls around, people will be so strapped for cash after the new Obamacare costs are redistributed around with only 1 in 3 Americans having a job right now. Prices have to go up to pay the working people enough to get by on. Retirees do not get raises.

That said, just remember: some day it will be your turn to retire. Good luck is all I can say, but people starve when governments crumble under the weight of $16 trillion dollar deficits. This government, if not voted out in November, will fail.

Obama doesn't mind the shop.

Last edited:
Great day: "You know reading your story a person wouldn't know you were sitting on a pile of 5 or 10 million bucks, you could of used some of that one would think......"

What is it about "lower middle class" which was stated that do you not understand?

Forum List

Back