The bogus defense used by Trump's lawyers

We must show understanding for Trump's lawyers. They are dealing with a guilty client. I look forward to the House prosecutors tearing apart what they have heard.

His lawyers tried the ludicrous shared burden argument again. If Trump was really concerned about the inequities of the military aid, he should take that up with the leaders of the EU. Zelensky can't do anything about it. Shared burden is contrived and not based on what Trump actually said, which can be seen here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/conte...-3b2643f3fbe0/

It isn't the first time Trump's aides were uncomfortable with what Trump actually said and tried to redefine what was said. In other words, lie.

Yes, Trump did mention the issue, but only to remind Zelensky of American generosity and leading up to what Trump really wanted. "Well it1s·very nice of you .to say that. I will say that we do ·a lot for Ukraine. We spend a lot of effort and a lot.of time. Much more than the European countries are ·'doing and they should be helping.you more than.they are."

Zelensky expressed his gratitude and he ended his comments by saying, "We. are ready to continue to cooperate for the next steps. specifically we are almost. ready to buy more Javelins from the United· States for defense purposes."

At which point Trump got down to business and expressed the real reason for his call. "I would like you to do us a favor though," Trump said and promptly asked for investigations into Crowdstrike and the Bidens. In addition, Trump made it clear that Rudy Giuliani and Bill Barr will help with the Ukrainian investigations.

I made the text of the July 25 phone call available for anyone wishing to confirm what I have asserted.

1.). You're not a real poster you're an operative....but hey at least you can spell.

2.) Trump uncovered the Democratic ( and some GOP including Romney ) money laundering of tax payer money. It's his perogative to make the funds dependant on good faith. Presidents make foreign policy. If Biden was dirty ( most def ) it's his fucking problem that he's also a candidate, not Trump's.

3.) If the GOP wants witnesses it's not for the reason your masturbating about...I can tell you that. Be careful what you wish for.

4.) Even if he is removed (not gonna happen) there is nothing to stop him from running. The Dems will claim criminality... the scotus will correct them.

5.) Trump is going to win an enormous victory and have four more years...if his first term is ended early he could possibly run in 24 also.

Good night DNC hack...
Your posting info is nearly word for word
On at least four other popular boards.
Don't you guys even try to clean it up a little or is it just C&P for so many pennies per character???

Jo

Last edited:
Why would anyone defile themselves with the filth posted by liars and the future denizens of Hell?

You people do not even try to discuss any topics and all you do is troll, and that is why I call you out on your dishonesty and wickedness.

Yeah, that was disposed of yesterday. She lied.

So Sayeth The Liar.

Go back and read the thread on it, kid.

Nailed it!

We must show understanding for Trump's lawyers. They are dealing with a guilty client. I look forward to the House prosecutors tearing apart what they have heard.

His lawyers tried the ludicrous shared burden argument again. If Trump was really concerned about the inequities of the military aid, he should take that up with the leaders of the EU. Zelensky can't do anything about it. Shared burden is contrived and not based on what Trump actually said, which can be seen here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/conte...-3b2643f3fbe0/

It isn't the first time Trump's aides were uncomfortable with what Trump actually said and tried to redefine what was said. In other words, lie.

Yes, Trump did mention the issue, but only to remind Zelensky of American generosity and leading up to what Trump really wanted. "Well it1s·very nice of you .to say that. I will say that we do ·a lot for Ukraine. We spend a lot of effort and a lot.of time. Much more than the European countries are ·'doing and they should be helping.you more than.they are."

Zelensky expressed his gratitude and he ended his comments by saying, "We. are ready to continue to cooperate for the next steps. specifically we are almost. ready to buy more Javelins from the United· States for defense purposes."

At which point Trump got down to business and expressed the real reason for his call. "I would like you to do us a favor though," Trump said and promptly asked for investigations into Crowdstrike and the Bidens. In addition, Trump made it clear that Rudy Giuliani and Bill Barr will help with the Ukrainian investigations.

I made the text of the July 25 phone call available for anyone wishing to confirm what I have asserted.

1.). You're not a real poster you're an operative....but hey at least you can spell.

2.) Trump uncovered the Democratic ( and some GOP including Romney ) money laundering of tax payer money. It's his perogative to make the funds dependant on good faith. Presidents make foreign policy. If Biden was dirty ( most def ) it's his fucking problem that he's also a candidate, not Trump's.

3.) If the GOP wants witnesses it's not for the reason your masturbating about...I can tell you that. Be careful what you wish for.

4.) Even if he is removed (not gonna happen) there is nothing to stop him from running. The Dems will claim criminality... the scotus will correct them.

5.) Trump is going to win an enormous victory and have four more years...if his first term is ended early he could possibly run in 24 also.

Good night DNC hack...
Don't you guys even try to clean it up a little or is it just C&P for so many pennies per character???

Jo

Nailed it!

Good night DNC hack...

Jo

At least when the slate posting boards were active you could get into it with some original posters even if you didn't agree with their viewpoints.

This bunch all shops at the same supermarket I'm afraid. Their uplines should teach them to personalize the pieces before they throw them up all over the place.
But that's where the prosaic simile programs come in handy. :04::04::04:

Jo

Last edited:
I watched Jay Sekulow today and spent most of my time trying to figure out what he was talking about and getting over his melodramatics. At times, it was embarrassing. I know what he didn't talk about. He didn't talk about the devastating evidence provided by the House prosecutors, and he didn't talk about what Trump actually said in the July 25 phone call.

Following Sekulow, Trump's defense team cut their presentation short. Obviously, they had run out of unrelated topics and attempts to divert attention from Trump's impeachable acts.

Once again, Sekulow brought up the subject of burden sharing, which is a new wrinkle. This all began in September. Trump has defended his remarks in the call countless times. Not once did he express concern about the inequities of military aid. Mostly he just said the call was "perfect", he did nothing wrong, and his impeachment is a "sham." Once again, Sekulow is claiming his client is an idiot. If Trump was concerned about burden sharing, he was speaking to the wrong party. The Ukrainian President had no control over what Britain, France, and Germany contributed to Ukraine's defense against Russian aggression. Burden sharing is a "sham" defense.

Sekulow talked about Trump's concern about corruption in Ukraine. Apparently Jay didn't know that Trump never mentioned the word, "corruption," in the July 25 call nor the April 21 call. Shouldn't Trump's defense lawyer know these things? Sekulow failed to mention that both the defense and state departments had approved Ukraine's progress on corruption. Congress would not have approved the funds if that were not true. Trump's lawyers should know these things.

Then Sekulow claimed that the Democrats impeached Trump because of his foreign policy in Ukraine. Apparently, Jay thinks that asking a foreign power to interfere in our Presidential election for Trump's benefit and bribing a foreign leader is a matter of Trump's foreign policy. If that is the case, using Jay's logic, Trump should be impeached and removed from office. That is a blatant self-serving attempt to bolster Trump's chances in November. I guess Jay missed that part.

Then in an overly dramatic way, Jay claimed that the Democrats were threatening our Constitution. “Danger, danger, danger!” he cried out, failing to realize that, by flaunting our Congress, it was his client who was threatening our Constitution.

You can see my confusion. How could Trump's lawyer miss all this?

WASHINGTON — More than two months before he asked Ukraine’s president to investigate his political opponents, President Trump directed John R. Bolton, then his national security adviser, to help with his pressure campaign to extract damaging information on Democrats from Ukrainian officials, according to an unpublished manuscript by Mr. Bolton.

Mr. Trump gave the instruction, Mr. Bolton wrote, during an Oval Office conversation in early May that included the acting White House chief of staff, Mick Mulvaney, the president’s personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani and the White House counsel, Pat A. Cipollone, who is now leading the president’s impeachment defense.

Trump Told Bolton to Help His Ukraine Pressure Campaign, Book Says

To no one's surprise, the Senate just voted down the resolution calling for witnesses like John Bolton.

Trump's lawyers argued that the House managers were claiming there was overwhelming proof that Trump should be removed from office. The fact that the Senate will let Trump off the hook within 24 hours is a foregone conclusion. So, obviously that is not the case.

Even news commentators are saying the Senate will acquit Trump. that is a false statement.

acquit
[ uh-kwit ]

verb (used with object), ac·quit·ted, ac·quit·ting.
to relieve from a charge of fault or crime; declare not guilty:

Trump is guilty as charged. Even his lawyers have said that, arguing that Trump's guilt is not sufficient to remove him from office. The Senate is not acquitting Trump. They are saying that he can continue to do what he is doing -- asking for foreign interference in our elections, bribing a foreign leader, flaunting Congress -- and he will not be punished or removed from office.

Put a different way, his reelection is something to be feared by all.

Trump's lawyers have a difficult job. Their client is guilty as charged and they know it. Nevertheless, onward and upward, they are being paid to come up with some kind of a defense for Trump.

Among other factors, they are arguing that the July 25 phone call was "perfect." They argue that Trump's concern was equal burden of military aid and corruption in Ukraine.

His lawyers do not bother to explain why Trump would express concern of the inequities of military aid to Zelensky. The Ukrainian President could not do anything about it. Any disparity in the military aid should be taken up with the leaders of Britain, France, and Germany -- if there is disparity.

Which brings me to my second point. Trump never used equal burden as justification for his phone call. He claimed the call was "perfect," and his impeachment was a hoax. Moreover, the White House never published data that showed inequities in the military aid; perhaps because there wasn't any.

Put a different way, equal burden is a contrived defense with no basis in fact.

As to corruption, the word is never used in the July 25 call. Nor is it used in the congratulatory call on April 21. Trump is concerned about corruption in Ukraine, but he never uses the word? That is ludicrous.

Moreover, before approving the military aid, both the defense and state departments approved of the progress Ukraine was making to eliminate corruption. If that were not the case, Congress never would have approved the military aid in the first place.

Put a different way, the corruption defense is bogus in every sense of the word.

Trump's defense team have promised to keep their defense of Trump short. The readers needs to ask themselves a question. Why are the President's lawyers going to be brief? Is it because of their trumped up defense?

Pardon the pun.

You have a Legal Degree?

Even news commentators are saying the Senate will acquit Trump. that is a false statement.

acquit
[ uh-kwit ]

verb (used with object), ac·quit·ted, ac·quit·ting.
to relieve from a charge of fault or crime; declare not guilty:

Trump is guilty as charged. Even his lawyers have said that, arguing that Trump's guilt is not sufficient to remove him from office. The Senate is not acquitting Trump. They are saying that he can continue to do what he is doing -- asking for foreign interference in our elections, bribing a foreign leader, flaunting Congress -- and he will not be punished or removed from office.

Put a different way, his reelection is something to be feared by all.

But that is not going to happen. Trump and Trump and many Trump Republicans who let Trump off the hook will be unemployed at this time next year. Trump Republicans want a President who will rule with impunity, a President who does not answer to the American people or our representatives in Congress, but that is not what the American people want.

We don't want a secretive President who refuses to hold press conferences and refuses to conduct solo press conferences. We don't want a President who communicates only with his base with tweets and appearances on "Fox and Friends." We don't want a President who is scared to death of the White House press corps. We don't want a President who conducts an occasional news conference on the lawn of the White House to the tune of Marine One's chopper blades.

Because of Trump, the GOP has already lost several key elections in 2018 and 2019, including control of the House. 2018 was a banner year for Republicans quitting Congress. 2020 promises to be another. Already 30 have quit.

Because of Trump and the actions of the Senate, I would be surprised if the GOP regains control of the Oval Office or either House of Congress within a generation. The GOP has many lessons to learn and the American people will teach them.

Forum List

Back