The bogus defense used by Trump's lawyers

Sandy Shanks

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2018
Trump's lawyers have a difficult job. Their client is guilty as charged and they know it. Nevertheless, onward and upward, they are being paid to come up with some kind of a defense for Trump.

Among other factors, they are arguing that the July 25 phone call was "perfect." They argue that Trump's concern was equal burden of military aid and corruption in Ukraine.

His lawyers do not bother to explain why Trump would express concern of the inequities of military aid to Zelensky. The Ukrainian President could not do anything about it. Any disparity in the military aid should be taken up with the leaders of Britain, France, and Germany -- if there is disparity.

Which brings me to my second point. Trump never used equal burden as justification for his phone call. He claimed the call was "perfect," and his impeachment was a hoax. Moreover, the White House never published data that showed inequities in the military aid; perhaps because there wasn't any.

Put a different way, equal burden is a contrived defense with no basis in fact.

As to corruption, the word is never used in the July 25 call. Nor is it used in the congratulatory call on April 21. Trump is concerned about corruption in Ukraine, but he never uses the word? That is ludicrous.

Moreover, before approving the military aid, both the defense and state departments approved of the progress Ukraine was making to eliminate corruption. If that were not the case, Congress never would have approved the military aid in the first place.

Put a different way, the corruption defense is bogus in every sense of the word.

Trump's defense team have promised to keep their defense of Trump short. The readers needs to ask themselves a question. Why are the President's lawyers going to be brief? Is it because of their trumped up defense?

Pardon the pun.

XpertNotCool.jpg

• Banned
We must show understanding for Trump's lawyers. They are dealing with a guilty client. I look forward to the House prosecutors tearing apart what they have heard.

His lawyers tried the ludicrous shared burden argument again. If Trump was really concerned about the inequities of the military aid, he should take that up with the leaders of the EU. Zelensky can't do anything about it. Shared burden is contrived and not based on what Trump actually said, which can be seen here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/conte...-3b2643f3fbe0/

It isn't the first time Trump's aides were uncomfortable with what Trump actually said and tried to redefine what was said. In other words, lie.

Yes, Trump did mention the issue, but only to remind Zelensky of American generosity and leading up to what Trump really wanted. "Well it1s·very nice of you .to say that. I will say that we do ·a lot for Ukraine. We spend a lot of effort and a lot.of time. Much more than the European countries are ·'doing and they should be helping.you more than.they are."

Zelensky expressed his gratitude and he ended his comments by saying, "We. are ready to continue to cooperate for the next steps. specifically we are almost. ready to buy more Javelins from the United· States for defense purposes."

At which point Trump got down to business and expressed the real reason for his call. "I would like you to do us a favor though," Trump said and promptly asked for investigations into Crowdstrike and the Bidens. In addition, Trump made it clear that Rudy Giuliani and Bill Barr will help with the Ukrainian investigations.

I made the text of the July 25 phone call available for anyone wishing to confirm what I have asserted.

• Banned
We must show understanding toward Trump's lawyers. They are dealing with a guilty client. I look forward to the House prosecutors tearing apart what they have heard.

His lawyers again tried the ludicrous shared burden argument. If Trump was really concerned about the inequities of the military aid, he should take that up with the leaders of the EU. Zelensky can't do anything about it. Shared burden is contrived and not based on what Trump actually said, which can be seen here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/conte...-3b2643f3fbe0/

It isn't the first time Trump's aides were uncomfortable with what Trump actually said and tried to redefine what was said. In other words, lie.

Yes, Trump did mention the issue, but only to remind Zelensky of American generosity and leading up to what Trump really wanted. "Well it1s·very nice of you .to say that. I will say that we do ·a lot for Ukraine. We spend a lot of effort and a lot.of time. Much more than the European countries are ·'doing and they should be helping.you more than.they are."

Zelensky expressed his gratitude and he ended his comments by saying, "We. are ready to continue to cooperate for the next steps. specifically we are almost. ready to buy more Javelins from the United· States for defense purposes."

At which point Trump got down to business and expressed the real reason for his call. "I would like you to do us a favor though," Trump said and promptly asked for investigations into Crowdstrike and the Bidens. In addition, Trump made it clear that Rudy Giuliani and Bill Barr will help with the Ukrainian investigations.

I made the text of the July 25 phone call available for anyone wishing to confirm what I have asserted.

You have tds baaadddd..
You do realize you are following the false narrative set out by Schiff, right?

Being uncomfortable with ones words is not impeachable.

Last edited:
  • Banned
I am shocked at the ineffectiveness of Trump's lawyers. It almost seems as though they are doing it on purpose because they all know their client is guilty.

First, they try reinvent what Trump actually said by contriving the shared burden excuse mentioned above. That argument is self-defeating because, if that were true, Trump is an idiot speaking to the wrong party. If this was Trump's real concern in the July 25 call, what does he expect the Ukrainian president to do about it if Britain, France, and Germany are not contributing enough to Ukraine's war with Russia? If Trump were really concerned about unequal burden, he would take that up with the leaders of Britain, France, and Germany.

Duh! Yet this is what his lawyers tried to tell the Senators. I doubt that went over well.

Then, in the afternoon, Trump's expensive lawyers spent nearly all their time on trivia. Ignoring all the devastating evidence provided by the House's prosecutors, they talked about Burisma, events that happened five years ago, Hunter Biden, Joe Biden, the Mueller Report, Barack Obama and events that occurred seven years ago.

Word is, Trump is pleased with his lawyers' presentations. Wow! I don't know what to say to that.

When his lawyers did talk about the evidence, they mischaracterized the evidence, failed to substantiate their mischaracterizations, omitted key related evidence, and lied about what the prosecutors said, lies that were very apparent to Senators who knew better.

One wonders how Republican Senators are reacting to the dubious defense provided by Trump's lawyers.

We must show understanding for Trump's lawyers. They are dealing with a guilty client. I look forward to the House prosecutors tearing apart what they have heard.

His lawyers tried the ludicrous shared burden argument again. If Trump was really concerned about the inequities of the military aid, he should take that up with the leaders of the EU. Zelensky can't do anything about it. Shared burden is contrived and not based on what Trump actually said, which can be seen here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/conte...-3b2643f3fbe0/

I could care less if he was talking about assasinating Pelosi.

He can say whatever he wants.....

Nothing happened.

Suck on it.

He's not going away.

I am shocked at the ineffectiveness of Trump's lawyers. It almost seems as though they are doing it on purpose because they all know their client is guilty.

First, they try reinvent what Trump actually said by contriving the shared burden excuse mentioned above. That argument is self-defeating because, if that were true, Trump is an idiot speaking to the wrong party. If this was Trump's real concern in the July 25 call, what does he expect the Ukrainian president to do about it if Britain, France, and Germany are not contributing enough to Ukraine's war with Russia? If Trump were really concerned about unequal burden, he would take that up with the leaders of Britain, France, and Germany.

Duh! Yet this is what his lawyers tried to tell the Senators. I doubt that went over well.

Then, in the afternoon, Trump's expensive lawyers spent nearly all their time on trivia. Ignoring all the devastating evidence provided by the House's prosecutors, they talked about Burisma, events that happened five years ago, Hunter Biden, Joe Biden, the Mueller Report, Barack Obama and events that occurred seven years ago.

Word is, Trump is pleased with his lawyers' presentations. Wow! I don't know what to say to that.

When his lawyers did talk about the evidence, they mischaracterized the evidence, failed to substantiate their mischaracterizations, omitted key related evidence, and lied about what the prosecutors said, lies that were very apparent to Senators who knew better.

One wonders how Republican Senators are reacting to the dubious defense provided by Trump's lawyers.

No.

One wonders when you will get help for your condition. I expect doctors are overloaded helping the left pull their heads out of their asses.

You don't know what to say about what...?

So, do you have some before now unknown evidence that Trump is a "guilty client"?

Maybe you should get Nadler, Schiff, and Pelosi on the phone and fill them in. Maybe even a four-way conference call. They'd certainly thank you for that information.

Maybe even give you a nice new shiny medal or something. :21:

Trump's lawyers have a difficult job. Their client is guilty as charged and they know it. Nevertheless, onward and upward, they are being paid to come up with some kind of a defense for Trump.

Among other factors, they are arguing that the July 25 phone call was "perfect." They argue that Trump's concern was equal burden of military aid and corruption in Ukraine.

His lawyers do not bother to explain why Trump would express concern of the inequities of military aid to Zelensky. The Ukrainian President could not do anything about it. Any disparity in the military aid should be taken up with the leaders of Britain, France, and Germany -- if there is disparity.

Which brings me to my second point. Trump never used equal burden as justification for his phone call. He claimed the call was "perfect," and his impeachment was a hoax. Moreover, the White House never published data that showed inequities in the military aid; perhaps because there wasn't any.

As to corruption, the word is never used in the July 25 call. Nor is it used in the congratulatory call on April 21. Trump is concerned about corruption in Ukraine, but he never uses the word? That is ludicrous.

Moreover, before approving the military aid, both the defense and state departments approved of the progress Ukraine was making to eliminate corruption. If that were not the case, Congress never would have approved the military aid in the first place.

Put a different way, the corruption defense is bogus in every sense of the word.

Trump's defense team have promised to keep their defense of Trump short. The readers needs to ask themselves a question. Why are the President's lawyers going to be brief? Is it because of their trumped up defense?

Pardon the pun.
36026490-101C-465C-8244-6A0E86DC410E.jpeg

Pardon the pun.
View attachment 303083

Is that one of those cock rings or something? I've heard of those.

Pardon the pun.
View attachment 303083

Is that one of those cock rings or something? I've heard of those.[/QUOTE That’s about the size of it.

Things would make more sense if most of us posting here had read heard or watched both sides of the trial, this reminds me of the OJ trial. expect same results.

Pardon the pun.

They ended with the "So What?" defense.

Pardon the pun.
fake news...sorry shanks

Well that goes to show you how pathetic the Democrats fantasy case was against President Trump. That such 'ineffective lawyers' were able to obliterate Schiff's fantasy in 2 hours. It's over, Trump wins again, you are backing the wrong people, and you are wrong. Again.

Pardon the pun.

Is this satire or are you the dumbest SOB on Earth?

Forum List

Back