The Blame Game

lilbug

Jul 13, 2011
I flip through the news channels and listen to all the different coverage on this country’s debt and the downgrade. One person says one thing and is immediately followed by someone saying something completely different. The right blaming the left, the left blaming the right, the president blaming everyone. Grrrrr!!!!

The fact is we are all at fault. Both parties for their out of control spending for years upon years, government waste and special interests. The lack of proper policing of entitlement programs for fraud and inefficiency. The inability to fix or get rid of an government agency that isn’t working, but rather creating another agency to ‘look into it.‘ Corrupt unions. The president for his out of control spending and overall policies. Healthcare professionals defrauding Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance companies. The American people…yep…all those folks sitting at home on their behinds who have found a way to work the system and make living off the system their career. All those folks and corporations who don’t pay their taxes. These are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

I am sick to death of sound bites …”The American people….blah, blah….“kicking the can down the road”… “throwing granny over a cliff”…. “demogogging“….and on and on and on.

All this finger pointing at one side or another is rather like a 6-year-old child stating, “ I didn’t do anything. He/she/they started it” I am SO SICK of it! This country does not have the time to waste on refereeing these egos-out-of-control, and idiotic squabbles. Folks are truly in trouble, desperate, losing faith and hope, and seeing a very bleak future for themselves and their families.

Fixing it….simple…everyone, just do the right thing. What is so damn difficult about that?!

I flip through the news channels and listen to all the different coverage on this country’s debt and the downgrade. One person says one thing and is immediately followed by someone saying something completely different. The right blaming the left, the left blaming the right, the president blaming everyone. Grrrrr!!!!

The fact is we are all at fault. Both parties for their out of control spending for years upon years, government waste and special interests. The lack of proper policing of entitlement programs for fraud and inefficiency. The inability to fix or get rid of an government agency that isn’t working, but rather creating another agency to ‘look into it.‘ Corrupt unions. The president for his out of control spending and overall policies. Healthcare professionals defrauding Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance companies. The American people…yep…all those folks sitting at home on their behinds who have found a way to work the system and make living off the system their career. All those folks and corporations who don’t pay their taxes. These are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

I am sick to death of sound bites …”The American people….blah, blah….“kicking the can down the road”… “throwing granny over a cliff”…. “demogogging“….and on and on and on.

All this finger pointing at one side or another is rather like a 6-year-old child stating, “ I didn’t do anything. He/she/they started it” I am SO SICK of it! This country does not have the time to waste on refereeing these egos-out-of-control, and idiotic squabbles. Folks are truly in trouble, desperate, losing faith and hope, and seeing a very bleak future for themselves and their families.

Fixing it….simple…everyone, just do the right thing. What is so damn difficult about that?!
My God.....I couldn't agree more....

....will you go to the prom with me? :lol:

Aside from the fact that the masters have no motivation to do the right thing?

Nothing.

and you would be? and what makes you think for one minute that lilbug would even look at someone named toxic???

come back when you are a proper gentlemen and we will talk...

nothing is being done cause people are blinded by partisan crap....no one wants to look at the reality of the situation...its that scarey

Ha! 40 some odd years later I finally get asked to the prom and it's by someone named 'toxic'! Mom would and dad would be so proud! :razz:

and you would be? and what makes you think for one minute that lilbug would even look at someone named toxic???

come back when you are a proper gentlemen and we will talk...

nothing is being done cause people are blinded by partisan crap....no one wants to look at the reality of the situation...its that scarey

Ha! Thanks for lookin' out for me there, SB! :razz:

You're right SB, it is scarey, but everyone needs to put on their big boys pants and get the job down. They're all shaming our country with their actions or lack thereof. I am just so sick of it. Everyone knows what needs to be done, they just need to shut their pie holes and do it.

Ya see, years ago when Cronkite was king and Woodward and Bernstein were able to conjure up a phantom informant in the white house we didn't have the problem of pesky partisanship. Every news outlet back then had a left wing bias and it was easy. Now we have alternate sources of information and it makes it confusing to some people. Citizens actually have to do research and wade through propaganda to get at the truth and do their duty in the voting booth. It's tough but it's worth it.

Nothing! In fact, most of us are doing the right thing, as far as it goes.The problem is, we aren't taking one more little step. WE put these jokers in power. We elected them, to do a job. We don't work for them:; they work for us, and as their employers, it is up to us to let them know what we think of their job performance to date (abysmal!). If that continues, it is then up to us to fire them at the polls next November!

We the people have another job to do. This government got bloated beyond belief, largely because we wanted it to provide us with more goodies, more services, more entitlements, and more local pork, all for "free", and the politicians obliged.The bill for that "free lunch" that wasn't so free has now come due. If we the people want the government to go on a diet (and it desperately needs to!) then WE are going to have to go on a diet too. We are going to have to depend less on government largesse, and more on ourselves. We are going to have to do for ourselves and our communities, what we somehow thought the government could do for us. All that stuff is NOT free; it has been purchased with borrowed money and IOU's and now, it has to be paid for with taxpayer money. You can't get something for nothing, and we should not allow any politician to fudge numbers to suggest otherwise. "Government-funded" really means "taxpayer funded"! We need to put government on a diet, but that also means weaning ourselves off the government teat. That means ALL of us; if we're collecting government benefits, if we are collecting government subsidies of any kind, THAT MEANS US! It's NOT just the welfare leeches, NOT just the scammers and cheats, NOT just "big business; fact is, it's most of us, one way or another, robbing our fellow Americans. That's what we're doing, when we ask government to do for us, or for our communities, or for our fellow citizens, what we COULD do ourselves, but would rather let "someone else" do. When we do that, and "someone else" doesn't step up, government does it for us, at our expense. Want that to stop? Then pitch in, and if you already pitch in, pitch in more, and encourage your neighbor to do the same. We Americans did that, for two hundred years; we did it when JFK asked us to "Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country". Today, we've made that "Ask not what you can do for your country, ask what your country can do for you". This mess is the inevitable result of that sloth and greed and selfishness. It's not sustainable, not compatible with individual freedom and individual responsibility, and it needs to stop, NOW! That all starts with US!

Start shooting lobbyists on sight [sarcasm] and eliminate all campaign contributions. You qualify to run for office, you are given XXX amount of dollars by the government to do it. Use it wisely. Also make it illegal to give money to an elected official for any reason. The buying of politicians would be over.

Second, eliminate all parties. No more dem, no more repub, no more anything. You run on who you are and what you stand for, period.

Third, term limits.

You'd see a big change in the way things are done in Washington if we did that.

Last edited:

Nothing! In fact, most of us are doing the right thing, as far as it goes.The problem is, we aren't taking one more little step. WE put these jokers in power. We elected them, to do a job. We don't work for them:; they work for us, and as their employers, it is up to us to let them know what we think of their job performance to date (abysmal!). If that continues, it is then up to us to fire them at the polls next November!

We the people have another job to do. This government got bloated beyond belief, largely because we wanted it to provide us with more goodies, more services, more entitlements, and more local pork, all for "free", and the politicians obliged.The bill for that "free lunch" that wasn't so free has now come due. If we the people want the government to go on a diet (and it desperately needs to!) then WE are going to have to go on a diet too. We are going to have to depend less on government largesse, and more on ourselves. We are going to have to do for ourselves and our communities, what we somehow thought the government could do for us. All that stuff is NOT free; it has been purchased with borrowed money and IOU's and now, it has to be paid for with taxpayer money. You can't get something for nothing, and we should not allow any politician to fudge numbers to suggest otherwise. "Government-funded" really means "taxpayer funded"! We need to put government on a diet, but that also means weaning ourselves off the government teat. That means ALL of us; if we're collecting government benefits, if we are collecting government subsidies of any kind, THAT MEANS US! It's NOT just the welfare leeches, NOT just the scammers and cheats, NOT just "big business; fact is, it's most of us, one way or another, robbing our fellow Americans. That's what we're doing, when we ask government to do for us, or for our communities, or for our fellow citizens, what we COULD do ourselves, but would rather let "someone else" do. When we do that, and "someone else" doesn't step up, government does it for us, at our expense. Want that to stop? Then pitch in, and if you already pitch in, pitch in more, and encourage your neighbor to do the same. We Americans did that, for two hundred years; we did it when JFK asked us to "Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country". Today, we've made that "Ask not what you can do for your country, ask what your country can do for you". This mess is the inevitable result of that sloth and greed and selfishness. It's not sustainable, not compatible with individual freedom and individual responsibility, and it needs to stop, NOW! That all starts with US!

I agree Gadfly, but two things, first, we the people can only elect whoever it is running, and that may not be a good person. Two, we can elect who we believe is the right person, and as soon as they hit Washington they do a complete about face. So what we the people can do is really quite limited, other than an all out revolution or another Civil War, and that my friend is what I believe it will take.

Start shooting lobbyists on sight [sarcasm] and eliminate all campaign contributions. You qualify to run for office, you are given XXX amount of dollars by the government to do it. Use it wisely. Also make it illegal to give money to an elected official for any reason. The buying of politicians would be over.

Second, eliminate all parties. No more dem, no more repub, no more anything. You run on who you are and what you stand for, period.

Third, term limits.

I think that's a start.

I know it's going to take a lot of undoing of what we've been doing for so damn long to make this country work for all of us, but damn I think it's worth it to try. If we had just done the right thing from the beginning and stayed that course we would not be in the mess we're in. I know there are no easy answers, but what we've been doing sure isn't working. I know a lot of it is going to take personal responsibility, pride and integrity. I don't think anything short of a revolution is going to start getting things back on track and I don't think that is too far in our future. Too many folks are damn fed up.

Third, term limits.

Number one is great. I think we really need to go to public financing of elections to get the selling of votes out of the system.

Part two is problematic in that it goes against "free association" and is therefore a loser, IMO.

Part three may be unnecessary, given part one. Without the power of the incumbency to corner the contributions market, we'd get a bigger turnover. There's also a problem I have with being told who I'm allowed to vote for.

Third, term limits.

Number one is great. I think we really need to go to public financing of elections to get the selling of votes out of the system.

Part two is problematic in that it goes against "free association" and is therefore a loser, IMO.

Part three may be unnecessary, given part one. Without the power of the incumbency to corner the contributions market, we'd get a bigger turnover. There's also a problem I have with being told who I'm allowed to vote for.

How do term limits to tell who to vote for?

Placing blame is rather simple, really.

Ask yourself this: Who was in charge?

Third, term limits.

How do term limits to tell who to vote for?

I didn't say they'd tell me who to vote for. I said I had a problem with being told who I'm ALLOWED to vote for.

Forum List

Back