The Black Conservative Plantation

Fair enough.

Well then.

You also know how "Democrat plantation" is being used to denigrate Blacks for voting Democratic. You know, it's used to deny their agency, humiliate them, and, at most, grant them the will to beg for hand-outs, and cast a light of dishonorable weakness on them.

You also know that Black conservatives exercise their liberty opting to vote, or align with, Republicans. You may disagree with their choice, you may assume they vote against their self-interest, but they still have agency, and act on it. You should celebrate them for it, even while you disagree with their politics - maybe even every aspect thereof.

It's my conclusion that the "plantation" charge is malignant, belittles what the slaves had to endure on the plantation, and besmirches blacks (Democrats and Republicans). It should not have a place in reasonable public discourse.

[As an aside, I have banned the stupid flickering images from YouDupe from my machine, and thus haven't seen any of the vids. If you want to take on Candace Owens, much deserved as that would be, you shouldn't emulate, and thus retroactively justify, her sleazy tactics. Or so I find.]

They can vote republican all they want but when they start repeating white racist beliefs they need to be stopped. I will be using the words they speak to show how stupid thy are. Now understand this, you don't whip the bully by giving him your lunch. Sometimes you have to get in the dirt and whip the bullies ass. This is not just about Owens. It is about the whites using her in order to continue white racism such as what is seen here.

Let's talk about the real plantation shall we. We are going to look at black conservatives who participate as part of that plantation. Not all black conservatives are part of this plantation. But these guys are.

View attachment 245495

Johnson was no progressive.

782654353-LincolnOnRace.jpg
Johnson was your master. Still is.

Johnson died when I was in 6th grade. Shut the hell up.

They can vote republican all they want but when they start repeating white racist beliefs they need to be stopped. I will be using the words they speak to show how stupid thy are. Now understand this, you don't whip the bully by giving him your lunch. Sometimes you have to get in the dirt and whip the bullies ass. This is not just about Owens. It is about the whites using her in order to continue white racism such as what is seen here.

As I said, you do as you please. While I suspect the "bullies" - to whomever that refers - don't care much for what either of us say, how you go about whipping their ass tells a lot about who you are. I find, you let your anger, understandable though it may be, get the better of you, much to the detriment of your argument. And that's what this discussion is about.

Moreover, as far as I can see, they deployed the "Democrat plantation" for decades to no effect whatsoever. It would seem, but very few (except for white racists) fall for that scam. Easily exposed as a scam as that is, I still find it unwise to give the "plantation" charge legitimacy by adopting it.

That's pretty much all I have to say.

As I said, you do as you please. While I suspect the "bullies" - to whomever that refers - don't care much for what either of us say, how you go about whipping their ass tells a lot about who you are. I find, you let your anger, understandable though it may be, get the better of you, much to the detriment of your argument. And that's what this discussion is about.

Moreover, as far as I can see, they deployed the "Democrat plantation" for decades to no effect whatsoever. It would seem, but very few (except for white racists) fall for that scam. Easily exposed as a scam as that is, I still find it unwise to give the "plantation" charge legitimacy by adopting it.

That's pretty much all I have to say.

What I think Is that when whites get angry they get to be angry and the tone policing is not done.

What I think Is that when whites get angry they get to be angry and the tone policing is not done.

Good point, in a way. When Whites get angry, I usually ridicule them for being angry about the equivalent of a broken fingernail, if that. So yes, no tone policing, just ridicule. Also no tone policing, however, in your case. You may well have more reason for anger than I could hope to understand, and that's why I keep away from saying anything about it. What concerns me is your argument, and I find it suffers.

Let me explain. Do you actually have any evidence for the charge that Candace Owens is being used, a mere tool of whites? That she has no agency? If you dismiss her based on that charge without evidence, it's a weak argument, indeed, and you're telling the tale of the all-powerful white masters dominating Owens who doesn't know better. Conversely, if you demonstrate how she's wrong, assuming she's speaking on her own behalf, your argument would be way better. Oh, and BTW, I have no problem at all with scorn heaped upon White racism-peddlers.

#TheLargerIssue #SingleParenting #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #SOLUTIONS

tree of logic, kendrick lamar.jpg

Hello. Truth be told, if you watch Ms. Tree of Logic's broadcasts you'll learn she is a crude, rude, foul-mouth, name-calling, HATE-embracing, drama-oriented, gossip monger asking fellow citizens to DONATE cash to her Internet channel(s).

Listening to the TOL broadcast OP shared in Post #1, I believe I'm also hearing a person with substance abuse issues angrily criticizing fellow citizens peacefully pursuing their own individual unique vision for L, L, (Love) and Happiness.

Frankly, it's difficult to view Ms. TOL as anything more than a divisive, "FOR-PROFIT" Attention Freak offering no solutions for improving her neighbor's QOL.
___
'C00n Confessions - Why I Left The Republican/Conservative Plantation'
Streamed live on Feb 10, 2019 by Tree Of Logic 8,166 views

Beginning at 50m19s Ms. TOL expresses admiration for foul mouth women much like herself.

She also speaks about growing up in a dangerous, impoverished section Wash, DC, describing her early life as "humble beginnings."

Keeping it REAL. MOST American children INTENTIONALLY introduced to an impoverished childhood and teen upbringing, and WHO THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN are forced to live in dangerous communities, do not come from "humble beginnings."

These children come from UNHEALTHY, TRAUMATIC, POTENTIALLY LIFE SCARRING beginnings imposed upon them by a specific population of SELFISH, apathetic, incompetent, possible emotionally or mentally ill mothers failing to recognize that placing ABOVE ALL ELSE the emotional well being of our Nation's most precious and cherished assets, will most likely result with a fairly or wonderfully happy child maturing into a reasonably responsible teen and adult citizen caring about their own well being, (*May 18, 2015 - Rise in Suic!de by Black Children Surprises Researchers - The New York Times*) as well as embracing compassion, empathy and respect for their peaceful and less fortunate neighbors.

Respectfully, the specific population of American females I am referring to are the black or African American girls and women who most all of President Barack "My Brother's Keeper" and Mrs. Michelle "Girl Power" Obama's American urban story-TRUTH-teller friends and WH guests HATEFULLY denigrate as less than human *itches and 'hoes', thots or RATCHET females undeserving of being treated with basic human respect. :sad:

Peace.

Last edited:

Good point, in a way. When Whites get angry, I usually ridicule them for being angry about the equivalent of a broken fingernail, if that. So yes, no tone policing, just ridicule. Also no tone policing, however, in your case. You may well have more reason for anger than I could hope to understand, and that's why I keep away from saying anything about it. What concerns me is your argument, and I find it suffers.

Let me explain. Do you actually have any evidence for the charge that Candace Owens is being used, a mere tool of whites? That she has no agency? If you dismiss her based on that charge without evidence, it's a weak argument, indeed, and you're telling the tale of the all-powerful white masters dominating Owens who doesn't know better. Conversely, if you demonstrate how she's wrong, assuming she's speaking on her own behalf, your argument would be way better. Oh, and BTW, I have no problem at all with scorn heaped upon White racism-peddlers.

Watch the video.

There is plenty of evidence OE. And this is more like the house slave who knows they can curry favor and benefits with the master by supporting the slave masters plan.

And what you don't seem to understand is how racist whites have done things in America. It's called divide and conquer. Owens is not the only one. Ben Carson, Larry Elder, Thomas Sowell, Shelby Steele, Starr Parker, Nora Wheatley, Clarence Thomas, and Jesse Peterson are just a few.

Watch the video.

There is plenty of evidence OE. And this is more like the house slave who knows they can curry favor and benefits with the master by supporting the slave masters plan.

And what you don't seem to understand is how racist whites have done things in America. It's called divide and conquer. Owens is not the only one. Ben Carson, Larry Elder, Thomas Sowell, Shelby Steele, Starr Parker, Nora Wheatley, Clarence Thomas, and Jesse Peterson are just a few.

With all due respect, you've not provided a hint of evidence supporting the slave / plantation rhetoric. As far as I know the worthies above, they are in it on their own volition, conservative, and supporting the GOP's policies. Happens. Just as many working class Whites do, even if they are being hurt by most of the GOP's policies.

And yes, divide and conquer is a large part of their strategy. Thus far, I would contend, it is failing. Emulating, and thus validating, the "plantation" charge does nothing to counter their strategy. I find, if widely implemented, it'd increase divisions and thus work out contrary to your aims.

Watch the video.

With all due respect, you've not provided a hint of evidence supporting the slave / plantation rhetoric. As far as I know the worthies above, they are in it on their own volition, conservative, and supporting the GOP's policies. Happens. Just as many working class Whites do, even if they are being hurt by most of the GOP's policies.

And yes, divide and conquer is a large part of their strategy. Thus far, I would contend, it is failing. Emulating, and thus validating, the "plantation" charge does nothing to counter their strategy. I find, if widely implemented, it'd increase divisions and thus work out contrary to your aims.

You don't want to see it. So let me provide you with examples so that you might better be able to understand.

Why Shouldn't I Be Thankful for Slavery?
(Jesse Lee Peterson)

While declaring racism was never real, Peterson is known for frequently making controversial statements about race such as believing apartheid was good, thanking God for slavery, claiming most black people are "mentally retarded" for making babies out of wedlock, advocating sending black youth "back to the plantation and suggesting that whites need to have more children so that "they can help save America and Europe"

He is the host of The Jesse Lee Peterson Show—a national radio show which airs on Newsmax TV, and The Fallen State TV web series.

Published works
From Rage to Responsibility: Black Conservative Jesse Lee Peterson and America Today, with Dennis Prager and Brad Stetson. Paragon House (affiliated with the Unification Church), 2000,

SCAM: How the Black Leadership Exploits Black America,
WND Books (WorldNetDaily), 6331-4. Reprinted, Thomas Nelson, 2005,

The Seven Guaranteed Steps to Spiritual, Family and Financial Success, 2007.

"The ANTIDOTE: Healing America from the Poison of Hate, Blame and Victimhood",
WND Books (WorldNetDaily), (Hardcover), 2015.

So explain why this man has a radio show paid for by white conservative advertisers, has books published only by conservative publishers and gets paid to speak, and is funded primarily by white conservatives.

So explain why this man has a radio show paid for by white conservative advertisers, has books published only by conservative publishers and gets paid to speak, and is funded primarily by white conservatives.

That's probably because he agrees with the filth he spouts, and makes a living spouting it. You've not even begun to demonstrate how he is on a plantation. That would require that he's been "captured" (in whatever sense of the word), and serving in this function contrary to his wishes. You didn't.

[Again, no videos on this machine. So, whatever work you do digging them up is entirely lost on me.]

Let's talk about the real plantation shall we. We are going to look at black conservatives who participate as part of that plantation. Not all black conservatives are part of this plantation. But these guys are.

What are you talking about?

That's probably because he agrees with the filth he spouts, and makes a living spouting it. You've not even begun to demonstrate how he is on a plantation. That would require that he's been "captured" (in whatever sense of the word), and serving in this function contrary to his wishes. You didn't.

[Again, no videos on this machine. So, whatever work you do digging them up is entirely lost on me.]

Don't be stupid. He is repeating what he has been told by whites about blacks which has him in a state of mental submission to whites. He is saying blacks are inferior to whites and if you can't understand how that can be compared to him being on a plantation whereby blacks were taught they were inferior beasts whose place was in service to the white man, then you just don't want to see it.

Last edited:

Don't be stupid. He is repeating what he has been told by whites about blacks which has him in a state of mental submission to whites. He is saying blacks are inferior to whites and if you can't understand how that can be compared to him being on a plantation whereby blacks were taught they were inferior beasts whose place was in service to the white man, then you just don't want to see it.

You know, there has always been a cottage industry parting fools and their money, and snake oil salesmen like Jesse Lee Peterson are into it for their own gain - always have been. It may be disheartening to watch blacks joining in on the party, and I sort of understand that. Even if I were to grant "mental submission" with respect to Peterson, it still doesn't prove a thing, and you have no evidence for it anyway. Some folks are just submissive. That's their right, as is to act on it. They're still free to leave at any time, and sell their talent (and their submission) elsewhere. But they don't. Sowell is a case in point. I've rarely seen a highly educated man spout such egregious, obvious crap, consistently, and over many years. I have read quite a bit over the years, and found nothing indicating he doesn't fully stand behind what he spouts.

You have the last word if you want it - but let's agree to disagree on that point. Okay?

You know, there has always been a cottage industry parting fools and their money, and snake oil salesmen like Jesse Lee Peterson are into it for their own gain - always have been. It may be disheartening to watch blacks joining in on the party, and I sort of understand that. Even if I were to grant "mental submission" with respect to Peterson, it still doesn't prove a thing, and you have no evidence for it anyway. Some folks are just submissive. That's their right, as is to act on it. They're still free to leave at any time, and sell their talent (and their submission) elsewhere. But they don't. Sowell is a case in point. I've rarely seen a highly educated man spout such egregious, obvious crap, consistently, and over many years. I have read quite a bit over the years, and found nothing indicating he doesn't fully stand behind what he spouts.

You have the last word if you want it - but let's agree to disagree on that point. Okay?

You don't want to see the evidence Peterson has the house slave mentality.

Blacks such as Sowell, Shelby Steele, Williams, Carson, Jesse Peterson, Dennard, Thomas and the former Sherriff Clark, suffer from internalized racism. Internalized racism is a form of internalized oppression, defined by sociologist Karen D. Pyke as the "internalization of racial oppression by the racially subordinated."[1] In her study The Psychology of Racism, Robin Nicole Johnson emphasizes that internalized racism involves both "conscious and unconscious acceptance of a racial hierarchy in which whites are consistently ranked above People of Color."[2] These definitions encompass a wide range of instances, including, but not limited to, belief in negative racial stereotypes, adaptations to white cultural standards, and thinking that supports the status quo (i.e. denying that racism exists).

In her book, What Does It Mean to Be White? Developing White Racial Literacy, Robin DiAngelo describes the cycle of racism as a feedback loop that uses power, control, and economics to go from (1) systematic mistreatment of a group to creation of misinformation to, (2) societal acceptance of misinformation to, (3) internalized oppression and internalized dominance to, (4) racism perpetuated and enforced by institutions, leading to, (4) justification for further mistreatment.[31] In other words, internalized racism is involved in reinforcing racism, and ensuring that it continues. It creates a justification for continued mistreatment of the racially subjugated.[6] Additionally, it can create an acceptance of the status quo, leading some to conclude that racism is not an issue that needs to be addressed.[3] If members of racially oppressed groups internalize the validity of their own oppression, they have no reason to contest the system. Internalized racism can also be seen as a means of "dividing and conquering" racially subordinate groups to create conflicts between them and suppress united efforts to contest racism.

Furthermore,

"Because most whites have not been trained to think with complexity about racism, and because it benefits white dominance not to do so, we have a very limited understanding of it (Kumashiro, 2009; LaDuke, 2009). We are th e least likely to see, comprehend, or be invested in validating people of color’s assertions of racism and being honest about their consequences (King, 1991). At the same time, because of white social, economic, and political power within a white dominant culture, whites are the group in the position to legitimize people of color’s assertions of racism.Being in this position engenders a form of racial arrogance, and in this racial arrogance, whites have little compunction about debating the knowledge of people who have thought deeply about race through research, study, peer-reviewed scholarship, deep and on-going critical self-reflection, interracial relationships, and lived experience (Chinnery, 2008). This expertise is often trivialized and countered with simplistic platitudes, such as “people just need to see each other as individuals” or “see each other as humans” or “take personal responsibility.”

White lack of racial humility often leads to declarations of disagreement when in fact the problem is that we do not understand. Whites generally feel free to dismiss informed perspectives rather than have the humility to acknowledge that they are unfamiliar, reflect on them further, seek more information, or sustain a dialogue (DiAngelo & Sensoy, 2009)."

Dr. Robin DeAngelo

It's not that we just disagree, you are wrong.

Intra/Interracial discrimination

Internalized racism manifests itself in both intraracial and interracial discrimination. As an example of the intraracial case, Karen Pyke uses the term "defensive othering" to describe an individual or collective act of distancing oneself from members within one's own race that have a closer proximity to negative stereotypes.

This is, of course, a saddening state of affairs, Blacks decrying each other across political divides of being possessed by a "plantation mentality". "Divide and conquer" doesn't just pit Black and White (in similar economic circumstances) against each other, but Black against Black as well.

#TheLargerIssue #Fatherlessness #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #Solutions

You don't want to see the evidence Peterson has the house slave mentality.

Blacks such as Sowell, Shelby Steele, Williams, Carson, Jesse Peterson, Dennard, Thomas and the former Sherriff Clark, suffer from internalized racism. Internalized racism is a form of internalized oppression, defined by sociologist Karen D. Pyke as the "internalization of racial oppression by the racially subordinated."[1] In her study The Psychology of Racism, Robin Nicole Johnson emphasizes that internalized racism involves both "conscious and unconscious acceptance of a racial hierarchy in which whites are consistently ranked above People of Color."[2] These definitions encompass a wide range of instances, including, but not limited to, belief in negative racial stereotypes, adaptations to white cultural standards, and thinking that supports the status quo (i.e. denying that racism exists).

In her book, What Does It Mean to Be White? Developing White Racial Literacy, Robin DiAngelo describes the cycle of racism as a feedback loop that uses power, control, and economics to go from (1) systematic mistreatment of a group to creation of misinformation to, (2) societal acceptance of misinformation to, (3) internalized oppression and internalized dominance to, (4) racism perpetuated and enforced by institutions, leading to, (4) justification for further mistreatment.[31] In other words, internalized racism is involved in reinforcing racism, and ensuring that it continues. It creates a justification for continued mistreatment of the racially subjugated.[6] Additionally, it can create an acceptance of the status quo, leading some to conclude that racism is not an issue that needs to be addressed.[3] If members of racially oppressed groups internalize the validity of their own oppression, they have no reason to contest the system. Internalized racism can also be seen as a means of "dividing and conquering" racially subordinate groups to create conflicts between them and suppress united efforts to contest racism.

Furthermore,

"Because most whites have not been trained to think with complexity about racism, and because it benefits white dominance not to do so, we have a very limited understanding of it (Kumashiro, 2009; LaDuke, 2009). We are th e least likely to see, comprehend, or be invested in validating people of color’s assertions of racism and being honest about their consequences (King, 1991). At the same time, because of white social, economic, and political power within a white dominant culture, whites are the group in the position to legitimize people of color’s assertions of racism.Being in this position engenders a form of racial arrogance, and in this racial arrogance, whites have little compunction about debating the knowledge of people who have thought deeply about race through research, study, peer-reviewed scholarship, deep and on-going critical self-reflection, interracial relationships, and lived experience (Chinnery, 2008). This expertise is often trivialized and countered with simplistic platitudes, such as “people just need to see each other as individuals” or “see each other as humans” or “take personal responsibility.”

White lack of racial humility often leads to declarations of disagreement when in fact the problem is that we do not understand. Whites generally feel free to dismiss informed perspectives rather than have the humility to acknowledge that they are unfamiliar, reflect on them further, seek more information, or sustain a dialogue (DiAngelo & Sensoy, 2009)."

Dr. Robin DeAngelo

It's not that we just disagree, you are wrong.

robin diangelo, kendrick lamar.jpg

Hello. Frankly, I sincerely believe evidence demonstrates that for-$PROFIT$ author and world renown "white fragility" lecturer Dr. Robin DiAngelo, Ph.D joins millions of American citizens WILLFULLY IGNORING America's *CHILD CARE* PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS, aka America's potentially life scarring SYSTEMIC & GENERATIONAL Culture of Black or African American Child Abuse, Emotional Neglect and Maltreatment that evolved from America's multi-generational, ignorant, once legal Culture of Racism!

I am referring to a Culture of Child Abuse, Emotional Neglect, Abandonment and Maltreatment responsible for popular American urban story-TRUTH-tellers and 'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victims the late Tupac Shakur (born 1971) and Mr. Barack "My Brother's Keeper" Obama White House guest and friend Kendrick Lamar (born 1987) vividly describing in their American art and interviews the "T.H.U.G.L.I.F.E." and "Good Kid, m.A.A.d. City" Child Abuse Cultures prevalent in far too many American communities.

I am referring to a Culture of Systemic and Generational CHILD ABUSE that THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN, deprived Tupac and Kendrick, their childhood friends, as well as many of their elementary and JHS classmates from experiencing a SAFE, fairly or wonderfully happy American kid childhood.

Sadly, the traumatic, potentially life-scarring Criminal Child Abuse and Emotional Abandonment each of these men speaks about experiencing during a critical period of human/childhood development, resulted with them maturing into emotionally ill adults revealing in public they’ve been experiencing acute depression as well as Suic*dal Thoughts for most of their lives.

The same Culture of African American Child Abuse, Neglect and Maltreatment that for near 40 years has been inspiring significant numbers of popular urban story-TRUTH-tellers to compose and promote American music art HATEFULLY informing our world that American girls, women and MOTHERS of African descent should be viewed as less than human *itches, *hores, 'hoes' or "THOTS" unworthy of being treated with basic human respect. (THOT = "That Hoe Over There")

Unfortunately, it's plainly evident Kendrick, Tupac as well as untold numbers of American children are being raised, nurtured and socialized by moms experiencing some type of illness preventing and impeding them from embracing and following their innate, natural maternal instinct to protect their child or children from harm.

Perhaps I'm wrong but *something* is preventing significant numbers of black or American moms of African descent from recognizing that placing ABOVE ALL ELSE the emotional well being of our Nation's most precious and cherished assets, will most likely result with a fairly or wonderfully happy child maturing into a reasonably responsible teen and adult citizen caring about their own well being (*May 18, 2015 - Rise in Suic!de by Black Children Surprises Researchers - The New York Times*), as well as embracing compassion, empathy and respect for their peaceful or less fortunate neighbors.

It appears Dr. Robin DiAngelo, Ph.D., is more concerned with gaining CASH and notoriety than she is with correctly identifying and denouncing a population of SELFISH, immature, apathetic American moms who medical doctors Dr. Nadine Burke Harris, MD, and Dr. Bruce D. Perry, MD, Ph.D, believe are causing far too many American kids and teens to experience a potentially life scarring medical disease known as 'Childhood Trauma' or 'Adverse Childhood Experiences' (#ACEs).

Bottom-line: In my opinion FOR PROFIT author Robin DiAngelo is no different from FOR PROFIT author Tim Wise, both are educated, despicable citizens exploiting race issues to line their pockets with cash offered by clueless Americans experiencing WHITE GUILT. :sad:

Dr. Umar Johnson Ph.D, Dr. Boyce Watkins Ph.D, Dr. Shonna Etienne.jpg

Almost as sad, is the fact OP continues misspelling Dr. DiAngelo's name.

Peace.
___
American *(Children)* Lives Matter; Take Pride In Parenting; End Our National Health Crisis; Child Abuse and Neglect; End Community Violence/Fear, Police Anxiety & Educator's Frustrations

View attachment 245495

Johnson passed away when I was a young adult. He was no hero and was not regarded as such by intellgent black voters during his administration.

Basically his hand was forced into action by the civil rights movement. The years that he was in office were a time of political and social evolution.

MLK was at the forefront leading a movement for change, and Johnson had no option except to get onboard or be embarrassed on the world stage for leading a hypocritical country.

He was intelligent enough to know that newsreels playing abroad of black people being beaten and eaten by rabid animals like Bull Conner and his attack dogs made America look nothing like the "The Land of the Free".

If anything, he was a calculating politician who knew the right thing to do and did it. Just as much for himself and his legacy as for the blacks citizens of this country.

He deserves no accolades for just doing his job.

Watch the video.

You don't want to see it. So let me provide you with examples so that you might better be able to understand.

Why Shouldn't I Be Thankful for Slavery?
(Jesse Lee Peterson)

While declaring racism was never real, Peterson is known for frequently making controversial statements about race such as believing apartheid was good, thanking God for slavery, claiming most black people are "mentally retarded" for making babies out of wedlock, advocating sending black youth "back to the plantation and suggesting that whites need to have more children so that "they can help save America and Europe"

He is the host of The Jesse Lee Peterson Show—a national radio show which airs on Newsmax TV, and The Fallen State TV web series.

Published works
From Rage to Responsibility: Black Conservative Jesse Lee Peterson and America Today, with Dennis Prager and Brad Stetson. Paragon House (affiliated with the Unification Church), 2000,

SCAM: How the Black Leadership Exploits Black America, WND Books (WorldNetDaily), 6331-4. Reprinted, Thomas Nelson, 2005,

The Seven Guaranteed Steps to Spiritual, Family and Financial Success, 2007.

"The ANTIDOTE: Healing America from the Poison of Hate, Blame and Victimhood",
WND Books (WorldNetDaily), (Hardcover), 2015.

Jesse Lee Petersen is a buffoon, and can barely assemble an intelligent sentence.

I saw that mumbling lawn jockey at an event that I attended last year, and could not stop laughing at his obvious stupidity.

Internalized racism manifests itself in both intraracial and interracial discrimination. As an example of the intraracial case, Karen Pyke uses the term "defensive othering" to describe an individual or collective act of distancing oneself from members within one's own race that have a closer proximity to negative stereotypes.

This is, of course, a saddening state of affairs, Blacks decrying each other across political divides of being possessed by a "plantation mentality". "Divide and conquer" doesn't just pit Black and White (in similar economic circumstances) against each other, but Black against Black as well.

What's sad when you look at this from a black perspective is that blacks exist like Peterson Owens, etc. Why should we not distance ourselves from a black person who says slavery helped us?

Internalized racism manifests itself in both intraracial and interracial discrimination. As an example of the intraracial case, Karen Pyke uses the term "defensive othering" to describe an individual or collective act of distancing oneself from members within one's own race that have a closer proximity to negative stereotypes.[1] Defensive othering includes the use of the derogatory term "FOB" (short for "Fresh Off the Boat") among Asian Americans. Although the racism towards newly arrived immigrants of Asian origin is neither the fault of the immigrants themselves or other Asian Americans, immigrants are often socially ostracized by members of their shared race because of internalized racism.

Defensive othering has nothing to do with people opposing views that reinforce internalized racism.

Let us review.

Internalized racism is a form of internalized oppression, defined by sociologist Karen D. Pyke as the "internalization of racial oppression by the racially subordinated."[1] In her study The Psychology of Racism, Robin Nicole Johnson emphasizes that internalized racism involves both "conscious and unconscious acceptance of a racial hierarchy in which whites are consistently ranked above people of color."[2] These definitions encompass a wide range of instances, including, but not limited to, belief in negative racial stereotypes, adaptations to white cultural standards, and thinking that supports the status quo (i.e. denying that racism exists).[3]

Internalized racism as a phenomenon is a direct product of a racial classification system, and is found across different racial groups and regions around the world where race exists as a social construct.[1] In these places, internalized racism can have adverse effects on those who experience it. For example, high internalized racism scores have been linked to poor health outcomes among Caribbean black women, higher propensity for violence among African American young males, and increased domestic violence among Native American populations in the US.[4][5][6]

Responses to internalized racism have been varied. Many of the approaches focus on dispelling false narratives learned from racial oppression. An example of opposition to internalized racism is the "Black is beautiful" cultural movement in the US, which sought to "directly attack [the] ideology" that blackness was ugly.

Internalized racism - Wikipedia

Stereotype threat
Stereotype threat is a phenomenon studied in psychology in which members of a stigmatized group risk conforming to negative stereotypes through internalization of their validity.[15] In a 2018 study from Taylor, Garcia, Shelton and Yantis, note that both stereotype threat and a "black sheep effect" are products of internalized racism.[16] Through being reminded of negative stereotypes associated with their race, participants responded with increased uncertainty, lower performance on tasks, and emotional reactions of anger and shame. They also sought to distance themselves from ingroup, stereotype confirming members, so as to avoid being targeted with negative generalizations.[16]

Stereotype threat from internalized racism goes beyond the individual. Those who experience internalized racism may end up projecting internalized negative attitudes onto others in their racial group. For example, teachers of color in the United States risk seeing their students through the lens of internalized racism.[17] Because a teacher's expectations for a student's success can have empirical impacts on their educational outcomes, this puts students of color at an increased risk for impaired educational development.

David W. Concepción notes that because confronting internalized oppression often creates a paradox for people having to see themselves as both a victim and perpetrator of that oppression, a major factor in addressing internalized oppression is being able to confront false narratives while at the same time employing self-forgiveness.
[33]

Responses

Marc Weinblatt and Cheryl Harrison emphasize that one must acknowledge that race is a social category with real implications while at the same time reject the falsehoods behind racist attitudes. Because finding this balance can be difficult, it is often helpful to have separate spaces for those who experience internalized oppression and those who experience internalized privilege. Additionally, Weinblatt makes it clear that there is a need for those with privilege to risk it in order to seek the end of racism.[34]

An example of a movement that considers some of the above considerations is the "Black is Beautiful" movement. These efforts began during the Black Power movement in the 1960s in the United States. In order to contest the narratives that blackness was something ugly, inferior and less valuable, members of the Black community began fighting back with advertising and other media campaigns.[7] The idea behind the movement has persisted to the present day, with social media based movements such as "Black Girl Magic" and "Black Boy Joy" that aim to celebrate blackness.

Potential healing for African Americans
Dr. Watts-Jones indicates in her study that there is a possible method in which African Americans can overcome their internalized racism. [36] By finding sanctuary within the African American community, members are able to achieve mental and physical security from their racist environment. Dr. Watts-Jones states that the collective experience of pain in African Americans work in tandem to heal together. However, the process of healing can be extended outside the African American community, by allowing other racial groups to perceive African Americans’ internalized racism as well. In doing so, White people can be utilized as an ally rather than another force of oppression.

This is a problem that we must address. And that includes stopping blacks with this poblem and whites who are quick to promote it.

View attachment 245495

Johnson passed away when I was a young adult. He was no hero and was not regarded as such by intellgent black voters during his administration.

Basically his hand was forced into action by the civil rights movement. The years that he was in office were a time of political and social evolution.

MLK was at the forefront leading a movement for change, and Johnson had no option except to get onboard or be embarrassed on the world stage for leading a hypocritical country.

He was intelligent enough to know that newsreels playing abroad of black people being beaten and eaten by rabid animals like Bull Conner and his attack dogs made America look nothing like the "The Land of the Free".

If anything, he was a calculating politician who knew the right thing to do and did it. Just as much for himself and his legacy as for the blacks citizens of this country.

He deserves no accolades for just doing his job.

TEACH!

Forum List

Back