The Birth Tax

"you just do not get it. And neither does your buddy, wihosa."

What is it I don't get?

People don't seem to understand that once you give something away, it is no longer yours. It becomes someone else's income.

For instance, if dillo took his 12,000 and opened a business, by his logic any salaries he pays out don't have to be taxed because he's already paid taxes on that money.

:rofl:

Maybe we can get a special stamp for each dollar bill that has already had tax paid on it.

:lol:

:eusa_shhh: wihosa and jreeves are two SPOLIED college kids that did not get to go on spring break this year so they have been sent here to BUG THE SHIT OUT OF US, by continuing to ask the same question over, and over, and over.

:eusa_shhh: wihosa and jreeves are two SPOLIED college kids that did not get to go on spring break this year so they have been sent here to BUG THE SHIT OUT OF US, by continuing to ask the same question over, and over, and over.

Bad guess, try 53 year old, public high school educated, general building contractor.

Your insult aside, fair enough. The question is who should bear the tax burden for us, those that have lived and benifitied from our country and have passed on or those that have just been born. Should the just born pay for spending which they have had no say over?

Those born today should first of all be grateful that there mothers chose to let them live. Secondly they are now part of a population that has assets and debts. They will be affected by both. There is no should or shouldn't too it. Is that kid gonna pay anything for all that is his for the asking ? No--it's all a freebie donated to him by those that have worked, fought and died so this kid can be in the environment he is in. As he grows he can start doing the same for those living at the same time he is and those that follow behind him.

Those born today should first of all be grateful that there mothers chose to let them live. Secondly they are now part of a population that has assets and debts. They will be affected by both. There is no should or shouldn't too it. Is that kid gonna pay anything for all that is his for the asking ? No--it's all a freebie donated to him by those that have worked, fought and died so this kid can be in the environment he is in. As he grows he can start doing the same for those living at the same time he is and those that follow behind him.

Long convuluted answer meaning I don't want to answer who should pay.

There is a should or shouldn't pay because we, though our Representives set tax policy.

How about a simple direct answer to who should pay our debts, our children or we?

People don't seem to understand that once you give something away, it is no longer yours. It becomes someone else's income.

For instance, if dillo took his 12,000 and opened a business, by his logic any salaries he pays out don't have to be taxed because he's already paid taxes on that money.

Maybe we can get a special stamp for each dollar bill that has already had tax paid on it.

Some other people don't understand when the government is interfering with on my freedom. Should I choose to give someone $13,000 that is exactly the amount I want them to have. Will the recipient get that amount. NO. Why? Govermment interference.

Long convuluted answer meaning I don't want to answer who should pay.

There is a should or shouldn't pay because we, though our Representives set tax policy.

How about a simple direct answer to who should pay our debts, our children or we?

bullshit --we all pay and we all benefit from those who went before us.

All the debt accumulated from G. Washington through J. Carter amounted to less than one trillion dollars. The neo-con agenda of tax cuts for the very wealthy will make this the first generation of Americans who will pass on to the next a huge debt, now approaching ten trillion dollars.

it seems like the line for inheritance is drawn in the right place where only the one percent of the population who has accumulated enough wealth to pass-on is taxed upon death...i do not disagree with the sentiment of warren buffet's statements...BUT i am curious to go beyond that point and get to the bottom of the mindest that supposedly wants to limit government intrusion in one breath and then bends over and hands them more money in the next breath.

:eusa_shhh: i don't know if you've noticed, but money and power corrupts...:eusa_shifty: in my mind you are advocating for mindlessly feeding the beast...me, i'd rather hash out the details...maybe do something practical like insuring all of the proceeds from the inheritance tax go into the social security fund...just an idea...

it seems like the line for inheritance is drawn in the right place where only the one percent of the population who has accumulated enough wealth to pass-on is taxed upon death...i do not disagree with the sentiment of warren buffet's statements...BUT i am curious to go beyond that point and get to the bottom of the mindest that supposedly wants to limit government intrusion in one breath and then bends over and hands them more money in the next breath.

:eusa_shhh: i don't know if you've noticed, but money and power corrupts...:eusa_shifty: in my mind you are advocating for mindlessly feeding the beast...me, i'd rather hash out the details...maybe do something practical like insuring all of the proceeds from the inheritance tax go into the social security fund...just an idea...

No offense, but that's just silly. We can't pick and chose where our taxes go. The entire country would fall apart.

I'm just saying that as long as we tax income, then all income should be taxed, no matter where it comes from. It's really the only fair way, under the current system.

No offense, but that's just silly. We can't pick and chose where our taxes go. The entire country would fall apart.

I'm just saying that as long as we tax income, then all income should be taxed, no matter where it comes from. It's really the only fair way, under the current system.

i disagree that is the only fair way...it's not silly at all. why shouldn't we have a say in where the money gets spent?

Last edited:
i disagree that is the only fair way...it's not silly at all. why shouldn't we have a say and where the the money gets spent?
Because no one would care enough about so many things...half the country would want to spend it on the military and the other half would want to spend it on social programs. Everything else would fall by the wayside.

Please feel free to come up with a fairer system that taxing income, which is what this thread has devolved to.

Why should only one type of income be taxed? Why should inheritance, unearned income, not be taxed? Why should income made from investments be taxed less than income made from sweat?

The entire country would fall apart.

yeah, did you hear social security is projected to run out of money? talk about falling apart...if you want to accept that we should be taxed several times over on every dollar earned, then the least we should do is insure our own social security, don't you think?

yeah, did you hear social security is projected to run out of money? talk about falling apart...if you want to accept that we should be taxed several times over on every dollar earned, then the least we should do is insure our own social security, don't you think?
No one is taxed several times over on every dollar earned. As a matter of fact, everyone is taxed only once on every dollar earned.

Nice avoidance, btw.

Forum List

Back