The Birth Tax

Birth Tax - well said.

But doesn't the Walton family need another 32 Billion - what they would get if the Inheritance tax is changed. I mean 32 Billion should be enough to help them over the rough times, especially since they are only billionaires now. LOL

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

Birth Tax - well said.

But doesn't the Walton family need another 32 Billion - what they would get if the Inheritance tax is changed. I mean 32 Billion should be enough to help them over the rough times, especially since they are only billionaires now. LOL

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

Hilarious---you want the government to grab people's money yet you want me to vote for someone who will keep the government from intervening in my life ? :lol:

Extreme right wingers rail against paying tax yet the Constitution clearly empowers the government "of, by and for the People" to "lay taxes". How else can we operate our government without revenues?

I suppose all the righties could renounce their citizenship and emigrate to those countries where there are no taxes.

Oh, that's right, there aren't any.

Oh well might as well stop whining and demonizing and just pay your taxes.

Extreme right wingers rail against paying tax yet the Constitution clearly empowers the government "of, by and for the People" to "lay taxes". How else can we operate our government without revenues?

I suppose all the righties could renounce their citizenship and emigrate to those countries where there are no taxes.

Oh, that's right, there aren't any.

Oh well might as well stop whining and demonizing and just pay your taxes.

You dumb ass---Do you understand that nearly everyone thinks our current system of taxation stinks? No one is advocating not paying taxes.

You dumb ass---Do you understand that nearly everyone thinks our current system of taxation stinks? No one is advocating not paying taxes.

Your insult aside, fair enough. The question is who should bear the tax burden for us, those that have lived and benifitied from our country and have passed on or those that have just been born. Should the just born pay for spending which they have had no say over?

Your insult aside, fair enough. The question is who should bear the tax burden for us, those that have lived and benifitied from our country and have passed on or those that have just been born. Should the just born pay for spending which they have had no say over?

Should the just born have all the benefits and rights of the people who have worked for and died for ?

what do you mean by the "just born" paying for spending? how so?

Should the just born have all the benefits and rights of the people who have worked for and died for ?

Yes, of course. That is what has been done throughout human history. The older generation always bequeathed the benifits of their labor to the younger generation.

The son inherits from the father.

PS - Not stumped, eating lunch.

what do you mean by the "just born" paying for spending? how so?

The massive borrowing induced by the Neo-Con agenda of tax cuts for the very wealthy has saddled the next generation with a liftime tax burden, a Birth Tax if you will.

Instead of leaving our children with the benifits of our labor we are leaving them with the burden of our consumtion.

History will judge us harshly.

Yes, of course. That is what has been done throughout human history. The older generation always bequeathed the benifits of their labor to the younger generation.

The son inherits from the father.

PS - Not stumped, eating lunch.

I'm not talking about money here.

I understand that when a lot of people partake in a discussion things are confusing but I am NOT referring to estate or property taxes.

Why not?

Real Property represents the bulk value of most inheritences.

Dismissing R.E. from this discussion makes no sense. If you did that, then even less than that eight-tenths of one percent of all estates would pay any taxes.

It's a simple question. I work one day---I get paid--it is taxed. Now I have money that that belongs to me do I not ?

Yeah, well you might, but most of us don't.

We bought food shelter and clothing with our money and don't have $12000 to give away.

Remember--it HAS been taxed. If I give it ( more than 12,000) to someone else, what is the reasoning behind IRS taking take ANOTHER percentage out of this same money ?

If you can willy-nilly give people $12,000 that must be nice. But they won't pay any taxes on that amount, either, so what are you whining about?

Does it cost the government anything for me to give it away ?

Niether does it cost anyone else to recieve it.
No. Does it cost the government anything for the recipient to take it. No. All I can see is that you a charged a fee by the government when you work for money or when you accept money.

Except you're not taxed on that amount, are you?

Apparently the reason for the government wanting wealth to be distributed is so they can get a potion of it every time it happens.

It's called taxing for revenue. Of course in your example, you aren't taxed, so perhaps you need to create another scenerio.

You give something away, for whatever reason, you are not taxed on it.

The people who you give it to MIGHT be taxed...if it effects their total annual taxes.

Try again, please.

Make us care about people getting 42.5 years median salary TAX FREE for doing absolutely nothing who might have to pay something for the all the years frree income they are going to get beyond the first 42.5 median family incomes they're going to get TAX FREE.

Go ahead, keep trying to make us care...we'll wait.

Last edited:
The massive borrowing induced by the Neo-Con agenda of tax cuts for the very wealthy has saddled the next generation with a liftime tax burden, a Birth Tax if you will.

Instead of leaving our children with the benifits of our labor we are leaving them with the burden of our consumtion.

History will judge us harshly.

:lol: who needs to wait for history when you've already done it.

the massive borrowing induced by the wha wha wha?

I understand that when a lot of people partake in a discussion things are confusing but I am NOT referring to estate or property taxes.

Why not. they represent the bulk of all inheritences. Dismissing them from this dicussion makes no sense. If you did, then even less than eight-tenths of one percent of all estates would ever pay any taxes.

Yeah, well you might, but most of us don't.

We bought food shelter and clothing with it.

If you can willy nilly give people $12,000 that must be nice. But they won't pay any taxes on that amount, either, so what are you whining about?

Does it cost the government anything for me to give it away ?

Niether does it cost anyone.

No. Does it cost the government anything for the recipient to take it. No. All I can see is that you a charged a fee by the government when you work for money or when you accept money.

Except you're not taxed on that amount, are you?

It's called taxing for revenue. Of course in your example, you aren't taxed, so perhaps you need to create another scenerio.

You give something away, for whatever reason, you are not taxed on it.

the people who you give it to MIGHT be taxed...if it effects their taxes.

Try again, please.

Make us care about people getting 42.5 years median salary TAX FREE for doing absolutely nothing.

Go ahead, keep trying...we'll wait.

There are taxes on gifts over $12,000. The government is charging people for being the recipient of a gift. Why should they have a damn thing to say about my gift ? They already received their portion. If I had NOT worked at all they would have recieved NOTHING. In fact they might be paying ME welfare. get it yet ?

:lol: who needs to wait for history when you've already done it.

the massive borrowing induced by the wha wha wha?

Nice quip. Whatabout the issue? Who should pay for our spending? Should our children or should we?

Of course anybody who accumulates wealth must have accumulated it through nefarious means....

jreeves .... you just do not get it. And neither does your :cuckoo: buddy, wihosa. You two will never get it. I would bet that 80% of the people on this board are working class people - that do not think the two of you should get away without paying taxes, on UN-EARNED MONEY! I can't help that you two are totally wacked! :cuckoo:

Well dig the shit up-----tax the hell out of it and give the stockholders what's left. What's the problem ?
I could not agree more! As a matter of fact I am going to :dig: and put my entire life savings in it! All $3.93! And if I happen to find some Enron money when I am digging - I will just bury it again. :lol:

Forum List

Back