The Biggest Lie wasn't "Like your doctor, keep your doctor".

...everybody's premiums went up, people couldn't keep their doctors, and hospitals were dropping pre Obamacare plans like hot potatoes.

There now. You've repeated all of the talking points in a single post. If asked to prove any one of them, you'll either quote Breitbart or some blog or just run away.

Surprise me.

Talking points my ass. I personally experienced my premiums going up and many hospitals and doctors refusing my health care plan.

Going to the doctor is not fun. I just do it because it;s necessary

Agreed on both counts. What's even less fun is having to go to the doctor and having him run a slew of tests you can't afford. Worse is being diagnosed with something that will be expensive to treat and not being able to afford that. The PPACA makes it possible for more people afford to (A) see a doctor and be screened for common conditions and (B) pay for any treatment they need.

I personally experienced my premiums going up and many hospitals and doctors refusing my health care plan.

If your premiums have gone up, you need to contact your insurer and find out why. if they can't or won't answer you, you need to find another insurer.

As for "many hospitals and doctors" refusing your health care plan, that's also a function of the insurer. Have you asked them why? When you say "many," how many are you talking about?

Agreed on both counts. What's even less fun is having to go to the doctor and having him run a slew of tests you can't afford. Worse is being diagnosed with something that will be expensive to treat and not being able to afford that. The PPACA makes it possible for more people afford to (A) see a doctor and be screened for common conditions and (B) pay for any treatment they need.

I personally experienced my premiums going up and many hospitals and doctors refusing my health care plan.

If your premiums have gone up, you need to contact your insurer and find out why. if they can't or won't answer you, you need to find another insurer.

As for "many hospitals and doctors" refusing your health care plan, that's also a function of the insurer. Have you asked them why? When you say "many," how many are you talking about?

Contact your insurer? You are funny. What world do you live in?! Insurers lay the policies for a region or state and then notify their clients, and then stand their ground. Those that don't like it, can take a hike. I would be one of millions that got effected by this rate hike, and it was over 25% increase. When Obamacare rolled out many of good doctors and hospitals refused to honor insurances they would take in the past. Again, I was one of millions that got effected by this chaos. And it hasn't ended yet.

You just want to be delusional about the reality of it.

Contact your insurer? You are funny. What world do you live in?! Insurers lay the policies for a region or state and then notify their clients, and then stand their ground. Those that don't like it, can take a hike. I would be one of millions that got effected by this rate hike, and it was over 25% increase. When Obamacare rolled out many of good doctors and hospitals refused to honor insurances they would take in the past. Again, I was one of millions that got effected by this chaos. And it hasn't ended yet.

What country is this? What you're describing is not the reality in the U.S. If you're finished ranting and you'd like some practical advice, let me know.

^Any data to back your opinion?

You want "data" to back up an opinion that the ACA DIDN'T save the average Middle Class family an average of $2,500 a year as promised by Barack Obama?

Do you seriously not know that the ACA has raised healthcare costs for the average Middle Class family? That was a deliberate falsehood told by progressives.

There are plenty of data in this forum showing that millions more Americans have access to affordable health insurance than did before.

There are plenty of polls indicating satisfaction with the PPACA.

All y'all seem to have is "HE LIED!!!!11"

I have access, but now I can't afford it.

Obama started spouting his ignorant promise of saving $2500 before the bill was written. Complete bullshit and the left bought it hook, line and sinker. How the hell can you make a promise before the bill is even written?

What country is this? What you're describing is not the reality in the U.S. If you're finished ranting and you'd like some practical advice, let me know.

Advice? Ha ha ha. What are you, a insurance agent? Even if you are you'd have to be an agent familiar with my region, as every region is different because of the state you're in. And thanks to Obamacare again, the number of health care insurers has dwindled, therefore you have very few options once your insurance premiums go up.

But thanks for the offer. I like millions of others have accepted the reality and the rate hike and paying an extra 500 more per month because I really have no other choice if I want to have an insurance that most doctors and hospitals accept.

You want "data" to back up an opinion that the ACA DIDN'T save the average Middle Class family an average of $2,500 a year as promised by Barack Obama?

Do you seriously not know that the ACA has raised healthcare costs for the average Middle Class family? That was a deliberate falsehood told by progressives.

There are plenty of data in this forum showing that millions more Americans have access to affordable health insurance than did before.

Obama started spouting his ignorant promise of saving $2500 before the bill was written. Complete bullshit and the left bought it hook, line and sinker. How the hell can you make a promise before the bill is even written?

My most recent health insurance company Assurance was very reputable and I was happy because most good doctors and hospitals were accepting. Six months ago they decided to pull out of the health insurance business because they aren't making any money in it and I had to scramble again to find another decent provider that most doctors accept. So as of today, Jan 1 2016 I again have a different insurance company and paying more, which I am not sure if they are covering people properly.

These are the realities that this asshole we have for president has brought about. Scary thing is the disastrous business part of it hasn't even kicked in yet.

Health Insurance should not be the same as Car Insurance

My most recent health insurance company Assurance was very reputable and I was happy because most good doctors and hospitals were accepting. Six months ago they decided to pull out of the health insurance business because they aren't making any money in it and I had to scramble again to find another decent provider that most doctors accept. So as of today, Jan 1 2016 I again have a different insurance company and paying more, which I am not sure if they are covering people properly.

These are the realities that this asshole we have for president has brought about. Scary thing is the disastrous business part of it hasn't even kicked in yet.

This is the reality that Assurant Health is telling you: That making profits for their stakeholders is more important than providing their customers (that would be you) with the product they're paying for.

"Losing money"? Check their stock price for the past five years:

Assurant, Inc.: NYSE:AIZ quotes & news - Google Finance

In 2011 (three years before implementation of the PPACA), they were at $39.31 a share. At close of business yesterday, they were at $80.54 a share.

If whatever you found to replace Assurant is inadequate (i.e., not accepted by your doctors/hospitals), you can shop elsewhere. Does your state have its own health insurance exchange?

Good point. If your car is totaled, you can always get a new one. If you develop a life-threatening illness, you can't get a new body.

Good point. If your car is totaled, you can always get a new one. If you develop a life-threatening illness, you can't get a new body.

I'm talking about someone who is 23/24 with a low paying job and is healthy

Of course Health Insurance is important for as you get older with a better job

Twenty-somethings are not immune to accidents, and someone with a low-paying job wouldn't happen to have, say, $7,500 handy to pay for a broken leg.

Someone who's 23-24 can still be covered on his parents' insurance until he's 26.

If he'd prefer to go out on his own, he could check to see how much health insurance would cost him: Subsidy Calculator Widget

Then go to one of the exchanges and apply.

Twenty-somethings are not immune to accidents, and someone with a low-paying job wouldn't happen to have, say, $7,500 handy to pay for a broken leg.

Someone who's 23-24 can still be covered on his parents' insurance until he's 26.

If he'd prefer to go out on his own, he could check to see how much health insurance would cost him: Subsidy Calculator Widget

I already told you it's too fucking high for a single person without kids

Yes, you told me that, but you haven't convinced me that you've tried everything I mentioned.

The fact that you don't realize that family coverage (people with kids) costs more than individual coverage tells me you're just repeating something someone told you.

Is it possible for your parents to cover you until you're 26? Let's start there.

Yes, you told me that, but you haven't convinced me that you've tried everything I mentioned.

The fact that you don't realize that family coverage (people with kids) costs more than individual coverage tells me you're just repeating something someone told you.

Is it possible for your parents to cover you until you're 26? Let's start there.

my issue is someone who is 27 and has a low paying job. They would need money for food

my issue is someone who is 27 and has a low paying job. They would need money for food

Before you said 23/24. I guess we can assume this is a hypothetical person.

Nevertheless, could he bother to check the link I gave him to see if he's eligible for a subsidy? Let's look at it again: Subsidy Calculator Widget

And you said if someone loses their job to a layoff they don't have to pay right?

This is the reality that Assurant Health is telling you: That making profits for their stakeholders is more important than providing their customers (that would be you) with the product they're paying for.

"Losing money"? Check their stock price for the past five years:

Assurant, Inc.: NYSE:AIZ quotes & news - Google Finance

In 2011 (three years before implementation of the PPACA), they were at $39.31 a share. At close of business yesterday, they were at $80.54 a share.

If whatever you found to replace Assurant is inadequate (i.e., not accepted by your doctors/hospitals), you can shop elsewhere. Does your state have its own health insurance exchange?

Yes, Assurant went out of the business because of the disaster called Obamacare. None of the good doctors in my area accept the insurance exchange, plus I don't qualify because I am high income. My insurance went up from 1400 a month pre Obamacare to 1900 to 2200, and now after loosing Assurant I am paying 2400. Thank you Obama for saving me all this money!

Milwaukee-based Assurant Health to be sold off or shut down

Milwaukee-based Assurant Health to be sold off or shut down
The parent company of Assurant Health said Tuesday that it will sell or shut down the Milwaukee health insurer — which employs 1,200 people in the area — by the end of next year.

Assurant Health has struggled to adjust to changes in the health insurance market imposed by the Affordable Care Act and is expected to report an operating loss of $80 million to $90 million in its first quarter. That comes after it lost $64 million last year.

The company, whose headquarters is in downtown Milwaukee, specializes in health insurance for small employers and individuals, the two market segments that have faced the most changes from the Affordable Care Act.

"They are a casualty of the ACA," said Steven Schwartz, an analyst with Raymond James & Associates.

Forum List

Back