The big question about life on other planets: 1000000000000000000000 planets in the universe

One fool may ask more questions than seven wise men can answer. - Italian Proverb

Answer not a fool according to his folly lest thou be like unto him. - The Holy Bible

A lion does not turn around when a small dog barks. - Nigerian Proverb

And let's not get started on fools who make scientific claims with ZERO evidence.

No other planet has oxygen, carbon and water in abundance, together with the habitable temperatures.

None? Out of how many trillions? How do you know?

Don't you know? It's real science.

No, I don't know how one could factually claim we're the only one out of trillions.

You've asked the question before and it has been answered, but you still do not know.

It's the Anthropic Principle and fine tuning facts.

Here's something new that I learned from fine tuning. The protons are 1,836 times larger than electrons. If they were a little bigger or a little smaller, the atoms could not form the molecules we need to exist.

Yes, an interesting idea...….

Anthropic principle, in cosmology, any consideration of the structure of the universe, the values of the constants of nature, or the laws of nature that has a bearing upon the existence of life.

Clearly, humanity’s very existence shows that the current structure of the universe and the values taken by the constants of nature permit life to exist. Indeed, it appears that many features of the universe that are necessary for the evolution and persistence of life are the results of unusual coincidences between different values of the constants of nature—quantities such as the mass of the electron, the strength of gravity, or the lifetime of the neutron. The significance, if any, of these coincidences is not understood. What is understood is that, if these quantities were slightly altered, then no form of complexity or life could exist in the universe.

If you think this principle means that the Earth is the only planet, out of trillions, with life, you're even dumber than you first appeared.

I don't know if there is life on any other planets but if there is a solar system with two life based planets and roughly the same technology as each other and the ability to get to each planet, then they most likely have had wars.

No other planet has oxygen, carbon and water in abundance, together with the habitable temperatures.

No, I don't know how one could factually claim we're the only one out of trillions.

You've asked the question before and it has been answered, but you still do not know.

Here's something new that I learned from fine tuning. The protons are 1,836 times larger than electrons. If they were a little bigger or a little smaller, the atoms could not form the molecules we need to exist.

Anthropic principle, in cosmology, any consideration of the structure of the universe, the values of the constants of nature, or the laws of nature that has a bearing upon the existence of life.

Clearly, humanity’s very existence shows that the current structure of the universe and the values taken by the constants of nature permit life to exist. Indeed, it appears that many features of the universe that are necessary for the evolution and persistence of life are the results of unusual coincidences between different values of the constants of nature—quantities such as the mass of the electron, the strength of gravity, or the lifetime of the neutron. The significance, if any, of these coincidences is not understood. What is understood is that, if these quantities were slightly altered, then no form of complexity or life could exist in the universe.

If you think this principle means that the Earth is the only planet, out of trillions, with life, you're even dumber than you first appeared.

The Anthropic Principle is not cosmology, but law. Real science backs it up by the fine tuning facts. This means the Earth is the only place with life. The solar winds are just too harsh for life to live on other planets. We'll have to see if humans can colonize the moon of if it will cut life short.

It's not like the Copernican Principle which is cosmology and not backed up by science. Anyway, the new double slit experiment with photons showed the multiverse is pseudoscience. Even it's chief proponent, Stephen Hawking, died not being able to produce the evidence. Thus, I think the only thing the atheist scientists have left is string theory and ten or eleven dimensions. Good luck with that BS :eusa_liar:.

Last edited:

The Anthropic Principle is not cosmology, but law. Real science backs it up by the fine tuning facts. This means the Earth is the only place with life. The solar winds are just too harsh for life to live on other planets. We'll have to see if humans can colonize the moon of if it will cut life short.

It's not like the Copernican Principle which is cosmology and not backed up by science. Anyway, the new double slit experiment with photons showed the multiverse is pseudoscience. Even it's chief proponent, Stephen Hawking, died not being able to produce the evidence. Thus, I think the only thing the atheist scientists have left is string theory and ten or eleven dimensions. Good luck with that BS :eusa_liar:.

There is no "real science" that backs up any so-called fine tuning. That's nothng more than an appeal to religious dogma with no support among the relevant science community.

Last edited:
The significance, if any, of these coincidences is not understood. What is understood is that, if these quantities were slightly altered, then no form of complexity or life could exist in the universe.

Speak for yourself. I understand the significance, and so do many others who do not have an atheist water bucket to carry.
"Slightly" is a grotesque understatement. There are at least 40 such constants and to point out the precision of just ONE of them, gravity is precise within 1 part in 10 to the 10 to the 123rd power, according to one cosmologist.

1 in 10 to the 50th is impossible.

What a convincing argument THAT is. No, really.

Join others like yourself on my Ignore List. I can't bear any more of your clucking.

The Anthropic Principle is not cosmology, but law.

Cool. Post the part that shows we're the only planet with life.

Real science backs it up by the fine tuning facts. This means the Earth is the only place with life.

Just because the Universe "works" for life, isn't proof we're the only planet with life.

The solar winds are just too harsh for life to live on other planets.

The solar wind from every other star is too harsh? Link?

Anyway, the new double slit experiment with photons showed the multiverse is pseudoscience.

It does? Link?
And so what?

The significance, if any, of these coincidences is not understood. What is understood is that, if these quantities were slightly altered, then no form of complexity or life could exist in the universe.

Speak for yourself. I understand the significance, and so do many others who do not have an atheist water bucket to carry.
"Slightly" is a grotesque understatement. There are at least 40 such constants and to point out the precision of just ONE of them, gravity is precise within 1 part in 10 to the 10 to the 123rd power, according to one cosmologist.

1 in 10 to the 50th is impossible.

Join others like yourself on my Ignore List. I can't bear any more of your clucking.

There are at least 40 such constants and to point out the precision of just ONE of them, gravity is precise within 1 part in 10 to the 10 to the 123rd power,

You have proof that if gravity were a tiny bit stronger or a tiny bit weaker, life would be impossible?
Sweet!!
Post it up before you run away.

Fuck off ya whiney twat.
You keep making claims that have no backing.
Post some evidence....or run away. Pussy.

We’re only now beginning to appreciate how much our Solar System’s configuration is not only rare but also surprisingly crucial for life and scientific discovery. It has indeed been a perspicacious teacher.

… a finely tuned and interdependent system…. The Privileged Planet by Gonzalez and Richards, page 116

our Solar System’s configuration is not only rare

How rare?
1 in 100?
1 in 1,000?
1 in 1,000,000?
1 in 1,000,000,000?

Show your work.
1 in 8

And somehow so many seem to think they can extrapolate that to trillions that are simply within the observable locality let alone what may lie beyond that.
Its in the article, claiming they detected molecules which on earth are found in living things.

They lied about detecting those molecules?

But are also found in organic matter without life. Duuuhhhh

Not all car collisions cause deaths... duuuhhhh

I agree. What does that have to do with your "collision causes light" claim?

Then, not all particles collisions cause light. Comprende?

You don't know much about that fantasy of black holes.

You don't know much about the science of black holes.

Ha, I dance the Macarena over that fantasy of black holes.

The science I study, the new scientific discoveries I have made, and the whole discussions I am into, the whole are based solely in real physical evidence.

On your side you are defending superfluous imaginations invented by several dudes who never understood reality.
The truly ironic part of this post is that it is typed on a machine that fundamentally REQUIRES the functions of quantum mechanics to work and sent over a system that MUST make calculations in relativity to even work.

You are surrounded by real physical proof of those concepts you want to belittle.

It is also a massive asinine assertion to make that the universe - at 13 billion years old - is somehow fine tuned for US even though we appeared very recently.

The reality is, of course, that WE are fine tuned to the universe, not the other way around, for the simple fact that if we were not then whatever evolution fine tuned to the universe would be making the exact same statement in our place.

It is also a massive asinine assertion to make that the universe - at 13 billion years old - is somehow fine tuned for US even though we appeared very recently.

The reality is, of course, that WE are fine tuned to the universe, not the other way around, for the simple fact that if we were not then whatever evolution fine tuned to the universe would be making the exact same statement in our place.

Such a simple, obvious concept is very difficult - if not impossible - for these religious folks to grasp. Remember, they START from the assertion that they are god's special creatures and that all of this exists for them.

There is no "real science" that backs up any so-called fine tuning. That's nothng more than an appeal to religious dogma with no support among the relevant science community.

You must be confused as this is the science forum. Don't you belong in religion forum? It's real because the Anthropic Principle is law. Why can't you just accept no aliens? Furthermore, I provided the other evidence like Fermi's Paradox, Drake Equation, the great filter, SETI, and more.

It does? Link?
And so what?

I've answered in post #1592. What do you have for evidence for aliens?

You got squat.

Anyway, what's wrong with no aliens? Just appreciate life right here and just think we'll be the aliens once we try to live on the moon or Mars.

You must be confused as this is the science forum. Don't you belong in religion forum? It's real because the Anthropic Principle is law. Why can't you just accept no aliens? Furthermore, I provided the other evidence like Fermi's Paradox, Drake Equation, the great filter, SETI, and more.

It's real because the Anthropic Principle is law.

It really isn't.

Fermi's Paradox

That's not proof there is no life elsewhere.

Drake Equation

Neither is this.

It does? Link?
And so what?

I've answered in post #1592. What do you have for evidence for aliens?

You got squat.

Anyway, what's wrong with no aliens? Just appreciate life right here and just think we'll be the aliens once we try to live on the moon or Mars.

What do you have for evidence for aliens?

I don't have any.

Anyway, what's wrong with no aliens?

Nothing. Just waiting for your proof of their non-existence.

Human opinion or assertions. How could he know? He wasn't there. Like most evolutionary thinkers, he's already assuming the big bang, so he already has been given the big part. You got tricked again, Angelo.

Furthermore, there was a beginning to the void of no space and time.
How do you know ?

First you criticize him and me for discussing something we can't prove, and then you turn around and claim something you can't prove. You don't see any slight hypocrisy there ?

That you’re reduced to cutting and pasting cartoons is pretty typical. You must be confused that something you call “fine tuning” somehow proves your gods. That’s false. Nothing about the Anthropic Principle proves fine tuning.

It's real because the Anthropic Principle is law.

It really isn't.

Fermi's Paradox

That's not proof there is no life elsewhere.

Drake Equation

Neither is this.

Again, you are borinary because you have no sources to back your opinions up.

What do you have for evidence for aliens?

I don't have any.

Anyway, what's wrong with no aliens?

Nothing. Just waiting for your proof of their non-existence.

At least you admit there's nothing wrong with no aliens and that creation scientists are right again :abgg2q.jpg:.

Human opinion or assertions. How could he know? He wasn't there. Like most evolutionary thinkers, he's already assuming the big bang, so he already has been given the big part. You got tricked again, Angelo.

Furthermore, there was a beginning to the void of no space and time.
How do you know ?

First you criticize him and me for discussing something we can't prove, and then you turn around and claim something you can't prove. You don't see any slight hypocrisy there ?

C'mon this is so basic even for you -- CMB.

Forum List

Back