The Bible

76% of the nation say they are christian, real Christians are more likely about 15%.
And real Christians are those who promote their religion thru their actions and not political actions either.

Care4all is a real Christian.
Most others on here just use the religion for their own personal gains.

I have read the bible thru a couple of times and heard it preached for 16 years.

I'm not asking you to believe in it or even respect it. I don't care. All I am suggesting is that the Bible be considered a legitimate subject for discussion and be allowed in schools.

It is a legitimate topic of discussion and I have no problem with it being taught in public school as a fairly cool, albeit somewhat difficult to read, collection of ancient stories. If, on the other hand, a public school teacher preaches it as Divinely inspired and to be 'obeyed', a line is crossed that shouldn't be crossed.

Your god is not bigger than my God, and I defy you to prove otherwise.

I have read the bible thru a couple of times and heard it preached for 16 years.

I'm not asking you to believe in it or even respect it. I don't care. All I am suggesting is that the Bible be considered a legitimate subject for discussion and be allowed in schools.

it is a legitimate topic of discussion in a theology class or a comparative religion class. it is not a legitimate topic of discussion in a science class. and your bible shouldn't ever be taught to my son in a way that suggests proselytizing.

can you follow that?

i wonder what jesus thinks of his purported followers who are racist pondscum.

From what I hear the Koran and everything from Zen and Yoga to witchcraft is not only tolerated but promoted in schools. That's fine as long as the Bible gets a fair shake.

I would be really, really impressed if you could produce a link proving that The Koran is being promoted by the administration of an American Public School.

Hence my reputation for not being easily impressed.

Leftys quote the bible to point out the hypocrisy of many right wing bible thumpers.

Would not do much good to quote Aurther Clarke to illustrate your hypocrisy now would it?

Correction, lefties always use the bible to try to make some bogus political statement.

Like "Jesus wasn't against homosexual marriages" or some crap.
Jesus addressed gay marriage? Don't think so. He did a address HATE HOWEVER:
You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

(NO EXCEPTIONS. )

he also warned against being judgmental

he also admonished that the poor be cared for

never said a single word about homosexuality, though.

funny how the religious right likes to rely on leviticus in talking about gays. but they don't keep kosher, which was the strongest admonishment in leviticus.

just sayin

it is a legitimate topic of discussion in a theology class or a comparative religion class. it is not a legitimate topic of discussion in a science class. and your bible shouldn't ever be taught to my son in a way that suggests proselytizing.

can you follow that?

Jesus did not write one word in the bible.

I wonder why?

can you follow that?

Jesus did not write one word in the bible.

I wonder why?

That's easy. The stories in The Bible that are about him were were first committed to paper 70 years after his death, and even First Century Political Bullshit Artists had some legitimacy they had to bring to the game.

I like it better today.... world wide influence and world wide accountability.

Humans are designed to think in words.

The Internet is the great equalizer in communication. Instant global communication.
Fewer and fewer are the cruel and unjust with enough power to maintain control, thanks to the simple sharing of words, ideas and understanding, now instant and on a truly global scale.

And The Word became God.

The main problem with the net and the digital age is that facts can be masked or changed.

And we have been programmed to think in images not words.

The main problem with the net and the digital age is that facts can be masked or changed.

Seriously? Images? We LOVE the input of truth we get from images, but we respond to them with words.

And I don't know about you, but rare indeed is the day I have time to scroll through my daily to-do list by picturing myself moving gracefully from my laundry environment to my gardening environment to my computer environment, even on a lazy Sunday.

Lefties quote the Bible and Jesus all the time. The Bible is acknowledged to be the most printed book of all time and people down through the ages have spent lifetimes studying and discussing it. We have reality shows all over cable TV researching Biblical events. The American left seems to be of the opinion that the murder of American soldiers is justified because the US Military allegedly burned a couple of copies of the Koran but a kid can't carry a Bible to school without risking expulsion. The situation is seriously like Germany in the 1930's. Kids have to sneak around and pretend not to be Christians and if they are caught talking about a (Christian) God in school they risk being punished for their beliefs. Surely this isn't what the Founding Fathers envisioned when they put freedom of religion on the first Amendment to the Constitution.

Got hyperbole? :rolleyes:

Seriously? Images? We LOVE the input of truth we get from images, but we respond to them with words.

And I don't know about you, but rare indeed is the day I have time to scroll through my daily to-do list by picturing myself moving gracefully from my laundry environment to my gardening environment to my computer environment, even on a lazy Sunday.

there is no longer truth in images.
Just look at many avatars on here.

Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see.

clonegonebadPicture7.jpg

Last edited:

clonegonebadPicture7.jpg

The internet isn't going to relieve the consumer of discerning bullshit of the responsibility to be discerning about the bullshit he/she is consuming.
It just makes it easier to keep from getting burned twice.

clonegonebadPicture7.jpg

The internet isn't going to relieve the consumer of discerning bullshit of the responsibility to be discerning about the bullshit he/she is consuming.

I disagree, it makes it easier to fool people and just what is the truth?
Supression or distortion of truth is mostly what politics has become, for instance.

Supression or distortion of truth is mostly what politics has become, for instance.

All that proves is what I just said: The responsibility lay with the consumer.

:dunno: The reason 'Sheeple' is a funny term is ignorance, not the game.

Don't hate the game, educate the players.

All that proves is what I just said: The responsibility lay with the consumer.

:dunno: The reason 'Sheeple' is a funny term is ignorance, not the game.

Don't hate the game, educate the players.

Considering the brain structure difference many cannot be educated.

Someone that can only see black and white cannot understand shades of grey.

Forum List

Back