The Bible Lies. As does The Qur'an

For those who may read the OP tripe:

Colossians 2:8

See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ.
As it is written:

“God gave them a spirit of stupor,
eyes that could not see
and ears that could not hear,
to this very day.”

Romans 11:8

Genesis 1:26 said:
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Not true on paper, especially against the backdrop of our history, and not true in practice. :eusa_snooty:

Ebola is far from alone as a living thing that we share this planet with that still kills Monkeys despite the emerging technology to fight it that has cost Monkeys so dearly to learn.....

Half of the people who've ever lived have been killed by mosquitoes. Not using ebola, but mosquitoes and viruses like malaria have been symbiotically coexisting with us in an evolutionary battle for survival on a dog-eat-dog world.

Did you know that the malaria makes it's victims produce an odor that attracts the mosquitoes that transmit it? Evolution works, and it truly is a jungle out there!

Having a Sky-Daddy to mete out justice and make it all better is certainly an understandable dream for Sentience to have as Momma's little bastard Monkeys crawl out of the living jungle and begin to look toward the stars, but...

It's Time to put the ancient stories of origins and afterlife in to proper perspective and start looking forward as a species.

If Momma's little bastard Monkeys have a Father, His name is Time.

`

So nothing to say.... but the OP can't cite a single lie, repeats education over and over, while apparently not being educated on the Bible... and that's it? Nothing else?

Well this was anti-climatic.

Quite a few are qualified to represent God. Billy Graham brought more people to Christ than Paul. Hagee is an excellent teacher/preacher, along with many others. God's prophets were and are very well connected. Always have been.
The Bible is the inerrant word of God, complete with over 10,000 prophecies. < a feat no man or committee can replicate.
The horseshit about all the work and committees etc, was put to rest with the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Can your monkeys tell you what countries will be born in a day? 2,000 years in the future? You're a monkey, tell me who win the next Superbowl, Cheeta...
Your post is a perfect example of the horseshit I'm talking about.

Ezekiel 13:9
My hand will be against the prophets who see false visions and utter lying divinations.

This Pope is an arm of the UN. And does not represent God. You are one of the ones being fooled:

Jeremiah 23:16
This is what the LORD Almighty says: “Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you; they fill you with false hopes. They speak visions from their own minds, not from the mouth of the LORD.

Nobody on this earth is qualified to "represent God."

I'd have to tell you you're WRONG, Lys. I believe you're thinking that "God" is like this old man with a beard sitting on some throne. "God" is many things to many different people, he is to each of us what we best need to understand and relate to Him as. There is both an Impersonal and Personal aspect to Him, and he makes Himself known in many different ways through many different religions through His Internal Potency.

You've obviously never met a real, advanced spiritual person. I have, and not one of them was some dumb preacher in a church quoting Hymns. A truly spiritual person doesn't say: "Hey, this is what God told me to tell you," they help you find through them God's own internal potency in YOURSELF. God doesn't speak to you through them, God speaks to you through your own heart. They just help point the way a little to guide you in helping you listen and find God in yourself that was always and already there from the day you were born. ;)

No human alive knows whether god/goddess or the plurals thereof actually exist and, if so, what he/she/they are like. Each of the world's religions provide some spiritual "guides" who, in theory, help a person to find the spirit in oneself that connects with the spirit of the universe, although institutional restrictions on who these people, such as restrictions on physical gender and an inability to recognize the difference between the essential thoughts of a religion and tribal customs, might be demonstrate how flawed this system is. What people have to understand is that the project is bigger than one religion. It encompasses theories and, perhaps, wisdom developed by people all over the world, past and present.

It's useless to squabble about it.

My hand will be against the prophets who see false visions and utter lying divinations.

This Pope is an arm of the UN. And does not represent God. You are one of the ones being fooled:

This is what the LORD Almighty says: “Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you; they fill you with false hopes. They speak visions from their own minds, not from the mouth of the LORD.

How do you know? Who speaks for God?

AVG-Saying # 287: When God Himself picks a religion to actually bless over the others wherein the technology for warfare is not advanced, I too will join a religion.

Can a Monkey who writes "Beware the False Prophet! For I alone speak for God!" in one ancient story really be trusted as THE spokesman for God?

I call "Bullshit!"

The Bible Lies.
If technology for any pursuit is not advanced, then God did not create sentience (neither did nature).

And if a monkey can write that he's God's spokesperson, I trust a lot of people would read that.

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Not true on paper, especially against the backdrop of our history, and not true in practice. :eusa_snooty:

Ebola is far from alone as a living thing that we share this planet with that still kills Monkeys despite the emerging technology to fight it that has cost Monkeys so dearly to learn.....
Ancient man understood that we are unique in that we are the only animal that has the concept of good and evil and right and wrong, Joe. All other animals operate on impulse and instinct. Man operates on impulse and instinct too, but has the unique ability to override our instincts and impulses for good.

So when ancient man said that we are created in God's image, what he means by that is that we are conscious; that we have a mind; that we are capable of abstract thought; that we are capable of choosing between good and evil, right and wrong.

It's time to put the ancient stories in to proper perspective, bury The God of Abraham, as described in The Torah, The New Testament and The Qur'an, with that ancient Arab, celebrate The God of (insert your name here), and drive this fucker back to the stars.

Come ON, People!!! You'll never be able to focus on the one future that you know of if you can't take your eyes off of the past!

:eusa_angel: Heaven as described in the ancient stories is a definite possibility of a firm maybe at best...

The only future proven by history is Monkey Spawn. :hhello:
A moderator who trolls? Really, Joe? Who pissed in your Post Toasties?

O.k. I am spokesperson for God.

And I defy anyone to prove otherwise.

God Just Spoke to Me....... Again.

`
God isn't some mystery to be unraveled, Joe. God is a relationship to be entered into. One which can be observed and measured. But if you never enter into it, you will never be able to experience it.

If you don't believe in God, do you at least believe in Darwin? There's a really good reason that belief in God has persisted since the beginning of man, Joe. It offers a functional advantage. If it didn't Darwin tells us it would have been bred out of us, right?

Totally! :iagree: Don't take my humble opinion for it! :disbelief: Do your own research!

I have, Joe. I spent about twenty years - with an open mind - trying to figure it all out. And much to my surprise, I realized that the evolution of space and time, the physical laws, the biological laws and the moral laws all pointed toward that Mind, rather than emerging as a late outgrowth in the evolution of life, has existed always as the matrix, the source and condition of physical reality - that the stuff of which physical reality is composed is mind-stuff. It is Mind that has composed a physical universe that breeds life, and so eventually evolves creatures that know and create.

But the real validation came from entering into a relationship with it.

Don't take my humble opinion for it! :disbelief: Do your own research!
I have...which is why I don't take your humble opinion on anything you say about religion and faith. I do recommend extending your research. Walking up to a mountain and claiming you explored the mountain, is not actually exploring the mountain.

People that hate the Bible shouldn't read it.

the christian bible is a forged 4th century political document purposefully disguised as a religion to deceive and maintain an evil presence causing victimization and continuous armed conflicts - it is the enemy of good as are the desert religions in whole that everyone has a right to put an end to.

Nobody on this earth is qualified to "represent God."

I'd have to tell you you're WRONG, Lys. I believe you're thinking that "God" is like this old man with a beard sitting on some throne. "God" is many things to many different people, he is to each of us what we best need to understand and relate to Him as. There is both an Impersonal and Personal aspect to Him, and he makes Himself known in many different ways through many different religions through His Internal Potency.

You've obviously never met a real, advanced spiritual person. I have, and not one of them was some dumb preacher in a church quoting Hymns. A truly spiritual person doesn't say: "Hey, this is what God told me to tell you," they help you find through them God's own internal potency in YOURSELF. God doesn't speak to you through them, God speaks to you through your own heart. They just help point the way a little to guide you in helping you listen and find God in yourself that was always and already there from the day you were born. ;)

No human alive knows whether god/goddess or the plurals thereof actually exist

The always dry, intellectual breeze of mental speculation and denial by someone who has no knowledge and personal experience whatsoever telling others what they do not know because they themselves have never had any personal experience with it! :laughing0301:

In my humble opinion.

:popcorn:

That's probably because that was your starting position, Joe.

It's not like you ever made an objective attempt at understanding the context it was written in.

That's a big assumption on your part. To the best of my knowledge we've never discussed my knowledge of The Torah or The New Testament.

I have, in fact, studied both a LOT.

Definitely enough to know that the thesis I claim is common Biblical knowledge - That the Earth was supposedly given to man by God as a possession.

In my humble opinion.

:popcorn:

That's probably because that was your starting position, Joe.

It's not like you ever made an objective attempt at understanding the context it was written in.

That's a big assumption on your part. To the best of my knowledge we've never discussed my knowledge of The Torah or The New Testament.

I have, in fact, studied both a LOT.

Definitely enough to know that the thesis I claim is common Biblical knowledge - That the Earth was supposedly given to man by God as a possession.
My assumption is based upon your attempt to subordinate religion, Joe.

Do you mind if I test you?

Ancient man understood that we are unique in that we are the only animal that has the concept of good and evil and right and wrong, Joe. All other animals operate on impulse and instinct. Man operates on impulse and instinct too, but has the unique ability to override our instincts and impulses for good.

So when ancient man said that we are created in God's image, what he means by that is that we are conscious; that we have a mind; that we are capable of abstract thought; that we are capable of choosing between good and evil, right and wrong.

Perhaps... but even if that is true, that fact doesn't make The Bible true....

And the question we must ask is which is more probable: God made man in his own image, sociopathic jealousy and wrath included, or man made God in the image of man.

Ass-u-me-ing God, doesn't it make sense that He/She/It is WAY bigger than all of the ancient stories competing for our attention, let alone any one or two of them?

Based on the evidence of history, what's probable?​

Perhaps... but even if that is true, that fact doesn't make The Bible true....

And the question we must ask is which is more probable: God made man in his own image, sociopathic jealousy and wrath included, or man made God in the image of man.

Ass-u-me-ing God, doesn't it make sense that He/She/It is WAY bigger than all of the ancient stories competing for our attention, let alone any one or two of them?

Based on the evidence of history, what's probable?​
What it means is that the Bible should be read in it's proper context, Joe. You don't give ancient man near enough credit.

The fact that you choose to see man and God in such a negative light tells me that you have not made an objective assessment.

Given the evolution of space and time, the natural laws, the biological laws and the moral laws, I find it more probable that Mind, rather than emerging as a late outgrowth in the evolution of life, has existed always as the matrix, the source and condition of physical reality - that the stuff of which physical reality is composed is mind-stuff. It is Mind that has composed a physical universe that breeds life, and so eventually evolves creatures that know and create.

Forum List

Back