The Bible Lies. As does The Qur'an

so

if the Bible lies....

what is the use of destroying the little faith people have?

why what for

what is better?

Faith in lies or knowledge of the truth?

What if someone you loved was convinced by a charlatan to part with all of their money because he said that Jesus was coming down from the sky, ANY MINUTE! and all believers are about to be taken up into the clouds?

Wouldn't you tell them to hold to their money, it aint' going to happen that way, the dude is a liar?

Or would you not want to spoil the moment as they sat there penniless staring expectantly into the sky for the rest of their lives so befuddled they wouldn't recognize Jesus if he actually showed up one day and smacked them upside their head and asked them what the hell they were looking up into the sky for ?

Last edited:
I'm calling 'bullshit!' on the empty tomb concept.

Everything depends on how one looks at it. Jesus compared pharisaic beliefs and practices to whitewash tombs full of corruption and dead mens bones.

Thats the tomb that couldn't confine him or keep him from rising to life and that ain't no bull. He pretty much said, thank you very much for the invitation but fuck you....at least according to the story.

Seriously, how many tombs have people tried to lure you into?

If I look into any of them would I ever find you in there babbling incoherently asking a figment of your imagination for special favors??

Maybe the empty tomb concept is not bullshit anymore than your own experience is bullshit.

The concept of Jesus walking out of His own tomb is the basis for all Christian faiths and I call 'bullshit!'.

The stories of His life were written a minimum of 30 years after the events and during a time of political change and, given the opportunity, humans will exaggerate. Especially when politics are involved.

Also..... What are the odds? :dunno:

Ancient Arabs hand picked by God Himself to bring The Word of God to humanity, or ancient Arab politics and ego?

:eusa_think: What are the odds? What are the odds?

so

if the Bible lies....

why what for

Bleeding as much as we still do over ancient literature is making us look stupid from space.

The time to put the ancient literature in to proper perspective and start looking forward as a species is now.

First rule of accounting: Stop the bleeding.

`

And I never said anything about destroying people's faith, I advocate changing focus when I say to bury The God of Abraham, as described in The Torah, The New Testament and The Qur'an, with Abraham and instead worship The God of (insert your name here).

Beliefs are like nipples... every Monkey has a set and no two are identical. Tolerance stops bleeding.

I'm calling 'bullshit!' on the empty tomb concept.

Everything depends on how one looks at it. Jesus compared pharisaic beliefs and practices to whitewash tombs full of corruption and dead mens bones.

Thats the tomb that couldn't confine him or keep him from rising to life and that ain't no bull. He pretty much said, thank you very much for the invitation but fuck you....at least according to the story.

Seriously, how many tombs have people tried to lure you into?

If I look into any of them would I ever find you in there babbling incoherently asking a figment of your imagination for special favors??

Maybe the empty tomb concept is not bullshit anymore than your own experience is bullshit.

The concept of Jesus walking out of His own tomb is the basis for all Christian faiths and I call 'bullshit!'.

The stories of His life were written a minimum of 30 years after the events and during a time of political change and, given the opportunity, humans will exaggerate. Especially when politics are involved.

Also..... What are the odds? :dunno:

Ancient Arabs hand picked by God Himself to bring The Word of God to humanity, or ancient Arab politics and ego?

:eusa_think: What are the odds? What are the odds?

What are the odds that the stories are literally true? Zero.

What are the odds that if the story is true it is literally about something else? 100%

According to the stories at the resurrection the christian dead will be the first to rise from the tomb especially made for them...Just like Jesus walked out of the tomb especially made for him.

What are the odds that this will come true? I suppose it depends on each individual Christian.

I figure the odds are fifty fifty.

"At that time two men will be working in a field: one will be taken away, the other will be left behind; Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left behind."

"Out here in the fields. I fight for my meals. I get my back into my living......."

Last edited:
Just because I don't understand a story the same way that you do does not mean that either of us doesn't comprehend the document.

Just look at The US Constitution, which has been interpreted to demand freedoms in one era and then used to pass The Sedition Act in another era.

When God Himself picks a religion, I will join. But as long as he stays neutral on the subject, I am perfectly free to ass-u-me that He doesn't care and/or He doesn't exist.
No. You literally admitted you didn't know it at all when you said, it was your best guess.

I on the other hand have seen the Chinese characters with my own eyes that were first recorded 4500 years ago which tell the account of the tower of babel and how it was a historical event of the great migration from the cradle of civilization.

The first 11 chapters of the Bible are about world history written in an allegorical fashion. And they reveal important truths about human nature.

If you are waiting for God to reveal himself to you, you are going to have to wait a long time. That's not how faith works. But when you do find your faith, you won't have to go very far because his spirit is inside you just waiting for you to make the first move and claim his power.

This conversation isn't about religion per se, Joe. This conversation is about truth and how you disparage things you don't know anything about. You mock what you do not understand.

I have faith. Who says I don't have faith? I have faith.

It's just not in the same things that you have faith in, but I have faith.

Question for you: I do freely admit that I don't know it all.... Do you?

Another: Do you believe that the answers to the questions of origins and afterlife are settled, or is everything still yet possible and nothing has been proven?

`
Of course I don’t know it all. I never said I did. That’s the main reason you don’t see me disparaging religion like you do. Your own actions prove that you do think you know it all.

Religion, faith and God are not about the destination, Joe. They are about the journey.

I don’t have enough faith not to believe there isn’t a higher power than man, Joe. I have tested it. It is settled for me and it enriches my life. Everything happens for a reason.

Just because I don't understand a story the same way that you do does not mean that either of us doesn't comprehend the document.

Just look at The US Constitution, which has been interpreted to demand freedoms in one era and then used to pass The Sedition Act in another era.

When God Himself picks a religion, I will join. But as long as he stays neutral on the subject, I am perfectly free to ass-u-me that He doesn't care and/or He doesn't exist.
No. You literally admitted you didn't know it at all when you said, it was your best guess.

I on the other hand have seen the Chinese characters with my own eyes that were first recorded 4500 years ago which tell the account of the tower of babel and how it was a historical event of the great migration from the cradle of civilization.

The first 11 chapters of the Bible are about world history written in an allegorical fashion. And they reveal important truths about human nature.

If you are waiting for God to reveal himself to you, you are going to have to wait a long time. That's not how faith works. But when you do find your faith, you won't have to go very far because his spirit is inside you just waiting for you to make the first move and claim his power.

This conversation isn't about religion per se, Joe. This conversation is about truth and how you disparage things you don't know anything about. You mock what you do not understand.

Another: Do you believe that the answers to the questions of origins and afterlife are settled, or is everything still yet possible and nothing has been proven?

`
Of course I don’t know it all. I never said I did. That’s the main reason you don’t see me disparaging religion like you do. Your own actions prove that you do think you know it all.

Religion, faith and God are not about the destination, Joe. They are about the journey.

I don’t have enough faith not to believe there isn’t a higher power than man, Joe. I have tested it. It is settled for me and it enriches my life. Everything happens for a reason.
"Of course I don’t know it all. I never said I did. " :auiqs.jpg:

so

if the Bible lies....

why what for

upload_2018-7-8_10-22-2-jpeg.203574

- what is the use of destroying the little faith people have?

is that all you see, maybe you are one of those that wrote it ...

why don't you ask with its recorded history of victimization throughout the centuries why you are not allowed to right the wrongs they created when they wrote it in the 4th century.

`

...you don’t see me disparaging religion like you do. Your own actions prove that you do think you know it all. :smile:

`

...you don’t see me disparaging religion like you do. Your own actions prove that you do think you know it all. :smile:
I ask questions and generally get stupid answers. I'm agnostic, the only ones here who admit they don't know.

`

I ask questions and generally get stupid answers. I'm agnostic, the only ones here who admit they don't know.
You misspelled asshole.

But you act like you do know.

By definition, saying someone is wrong is knowing.

`

You misspelled asshole.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying that you have a theory without any proof whatsoever. That's why I'm an agnostic. Geez, you don't get the whole agnostic thing, do you? If you can prove your theory to me properly, I'm open to believing it. Can't be any fairer than that.

You misspelled asshole.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying that you have a theory without any proof whatsoever. That's why I'm an agnostic. Geez, you don't get the whole agnostic thing, do you? If you can prove your theory to me properly, I'm open to believing it. Can't be any fairer than that.
Existence itself is proof. The first and second laws of thermo are proof. Red shift is proof. Cosmic background radiation is proof. Freidman's solutions to Einstein's field equations are proof.

Forum List

Back