The Bible Condemns Witchcraft

Whereas Satan and his fallen angels have the ability to change their appearance ( shape shifting) - to become beautiful beings - keep in mind that scripture warns us that Satan comes as an angel of light - still this does not change the fact that the sorcerer, witch, wizard, shaman, witch doctor - individual - is still a human being which was born into this world - created in the image of God and in the likeness of God! So while this individual - man or woman is serving Lucifer faithfully in their work as a sorcerer, witch, wizard, satanist, luciferean.... and may even have been able to attain satanic powers from Satan to transform their own appearance and image - the truth is they are still created in the image of God Almighty because God created man in His Image and in His likeness and expounded on this truth clearly in Genesis 1:26! With that in mind - Satan did use men to accomplish such deception teachings such as evolution through men such as Charles Darwin in an attempt to diminish the apex of God's creation! Mankind! I would call it moving the boundary markers on the Truth! After a while people accept the lie as the truth and the next thing you know it is being taught to our own children! God forbid! Evolution is a lie, folks!

With that said, Satan has a great hatred for God. Satan has a great hatred for what God created in His Image and in His likeness - mankind. Satan hates his own followers. That is correct. Even his own followers he despises. Why?

Because they were created in Gods Image and God defeated Satan. Satan is a defeated foe destined to be cast into the lake of fire with the false prophet and the beast - see Revelation 20:10. His future is very specific! It is written!

Now with that and considering that the bible is very clear that Satan is the father of lies. Satan is a deceiver. Satan is very subtle. Considering all these characteristics of Satan why would any servant of Satan believe him when he says he is going to share hell with them? Why would any person involved in the occult not realize that the demons who empower them on the earth today are the same demons that will be ripping them apart, shredding them over and over with eternal torment and pain in hell - where they will then be powerless? Where they will be mocked and scorned down there for having fallen into the traps that were laid before them to tempt them into such sin?

Ask yourself this question. If Satan is all powerful, if these demons are so powerful then why can't they touch Christians who are living holy lives unto God? Why do Christians have authority over these serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy ( Satan ) if it is not for the fact that Satan was defeated at the cross by Jesus Christ?

Why is it that Christians who serve the LORD have no fear of Satan, of his followers, of Satanists, Wiccans, Witches, Wizards and such? Could it be because we know our authority and they know it too?

While you are describing some of the attributes of what is good, Ashtara, you have yet to answer what is good. Actually that was my fault. It was not a good question. The right question should have been "who" is good? God is good. God is good. We must be born again to enter the kingdom of heaven. The kingdom of heaven is nigh you today. What shall you do with it? Receive Him or say no and remain in condemnation? It is written:

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth, and is baptized shall be saved, but he that believeth not shall be damned. And these signs shall follow them that believe: In my name shall they cast out devils, they shall speak with new tongues, they shall take up serpents and if they drink any deadly thing it shall not harm them. They shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover. - Mark 16: 15 - 18

So this is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. All authority has been given to the believer. Listen to this:

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy and nothing shall by any means harm you. - Luke 10:19

How much power does the believer wield over Satan? All power. All as in ALL. What else? Power to tread upon serpents and scorpions. What else? The keys to heaven. What the believer binds on earth is bound in heaven and what they loose on earth is loosed in heaven. What is the believer to rejoice in? Not this! This is an "incidental", an added benefit along the way of walking with God but this is not the ku da gra! What the believer rejoices in is that their names are written in the Lambs book of life.

It is written:

Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you, but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.
- Luke 10:20

Here is the truth. Your name can be written in heaven tonight. You can repent of your sins and call on the LORD. Those that call upon the name of the LORD shall be saved. If you believe in your heart that Jesus died on the cross for your sins and rose on the 3rd day and if you confess with your mouth Jesus is LORD you shall be saved. If you are willing to renounce what you are doing now, renounce Satan, renounce the world, renounce the things of the world and live for Jesus, do what Romans 10: 9,10 tells you to do - he will receive you into His kingdom and you will have your name written in the Lambs book of life. It is not according to your works or your own goodness but by what Jesus did on the cross.

You say you made a Pact? You cannot be delivered? Yes you can. You can repent of your sins, call on the Name of the LORD and he will cast all of your sins as far away as the east is from the west. That is the truth. That is what Christ offers you. It's by making the decision to have faith in Him. How did you get to where you are now? By a decision. A decision to have faith - in the wrong one! Okay? This thing needs to be set right and turned around, Ash. I know this can be done.

Listen to me.

Put aside for a few minutes the things you have "decided to believe" and let us examine the truth according to the Word of God. What does the Word of God have to say about life and death? Are there many lives? Do we reincarnate into a cow or a tree in the next life? Here is the answer:

It is written:

Just as man is destined to die once, and after that face the judgment, so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him. - Hebrews 9: 27, 28

So this is where we are at tonight. I may be the last servant God ever sends to you. Who knows? How awful would that be for you to not listen to me and ignore such a great salvation and my pleading with you to come to Jesus Christ now and realize that He is your deliverer? That He is able to protect you and keep you through this!

Tomorrow may be too late. I sense your time is running out. I fear for you and pray that the LORD save your soul and reveal to you that this is not going to end like you think it is going to end. I am very concerned. Deeply concerned. So much so that last night I decided I am not saying a word until I am sure. I am not saying one word until I am sure because this girls life is hanging in the balance here and it is so very important to God that I do not add or take away from what He would have me say to you.

Jesus Christ loves you so much! If you only knew! If you only knew! I am praying tonight for you that you will know that He loves you and that you will realize what it is He wants to do for you. What He is offering you. That even now He is knocking at the door of your heart to come in! My prayer is that you will say yes. That you will decide to say yes.

Last edited:
Define good.

Do you know what Jeri, I suspect your idea of good is a lot different from that of regular folks. Your idea of good seems somewhat akin to that of Gismys' idea of good, ie if you are not prepared to kiss the @ss of the imaginary sky fairy then you are not good.
I will tell you something for nothing, you are on the same ladder as gismo, maybe a few rungs down but you are definitely on the same path.
Do you want to become the next gismys? That ain't good!
Define good you say...well becoming the next gismo is probably the antithesis of good, take note.

btw I appreciated your short reply, cannot do with reading through all the biblical relevance your normally post, keep up the good work!

Wrong. There are people who do good things who are going to hell, hotpotato. Doing good things is not what gets us into heaven. Good works do not get us into heaven. Acting "good" does not get us into heaven.

Being born again and obeying Jesus is what gets us into heaven. That is the only thing that gets us into heaven.

We are not to judge others yet you are judging people a lot lately. Why are you judging others, hot potato? God alone is the judge. I go by the Word of God. Not by your what you say.

If witchcraft is so bad, why would God set up the universe to allow it at all? Instead of telling people not to suffer a witch to live, why not cut out the middle man and just make magic non-possible in any non-divine event?

Same reason he gives children leukemia.

I would be interested to know if the bible actually condemn witchcraft/wicca/pagan religions. Not satanism, as in the OP.
Actual wiccan religions.

Witchcraft Can Destroy You
A covenant with hell
The Bible Condemns Witchcraft
In this chapter, we will learn what God has told us about these matters. This is so important that He has given specific warnings. We dare not ignore those warnings and run on heedlessly down a road that will lead us to destruction.

(1) What does the Bible says about Satan? (2) Who are these “spirits” that appear to people? (3) Why must we not have anything to do with them? (4) What are the two main lies of Satan?

What does the Bible says about Satan?
It is imperative that we understand the identity and the character of these strange supernatural powers. We need to have clearly before us what God says about them and His warning prohibitions against them. Only in this way can we be protected from the deception and terrible retribution that will come from making friends with them.

Special information and unmistakable warnings are to be found all through the Old and New Testaments regarding Satan, demons, evil spirits, familiar spirits, necromancy (trying to talk to the dead), sorcery, witchcraft, divination, and wizardry.

Satan before his fall from heaven was named Lucifer (Isa. 14:12-14), anointed cherub, and covering cherub(Eze. 28:14, 16). Since his fall he is called accuser of the brethren (Rev. 12:10), adversary (1 Peter 5:8), Beelzebub(Matt. 12:24), devil (Rev. 12:9), enemy (Matt. 13:28, 39), father of lies, liar, and murderer (John 8:44), old serpent(Rev. 20:2), power of darkness (Col. 1:13), prince of this world (John 12:31), prince of devils (Matt. 12:24), prince of the power of the air (Eph. 2:2), god of this world (2 Cor. 4:4), spirit that worketh in the children of disobedience(Eph. 2:2), tempter (Matt. 4:3), and wicked one (Matt. 13:19). It is clear that Satan is real, and God wants us to have nothing to do with him!

Satan was once an angel of light. His name, being Lucifer, means “light bearer” (Isa. 14:12-14; Eze. 28:13-19). But rebellion against God in heaven changed him into a demon of darkness. When he was cast out of heaven, the angels who sided with him were cast out with him (Rev. 12:7-9).

We want to know more about these angels who were cast out of heaven with Satan.

The New Testament constantly tells about the reality and personality of these angels who are called demons. They are also called “spirits,” “unclean spirits,” and “wicked” spirits (Mark 7:25-26; Luke 10:17, 20; Matt. 12:43, 45). In the Gospels (which is Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John), the term, “unclean spirits,” is used interchangeably with “devils” (Mark 1:27, 34; 3:11, 15; 6:7, 13). They are the devil’s “angels” (Matt. 25:41; 2 Peter 2:4) and are so numerous as to make Satan’s power operative practically everywhere (Mark 5:2, 8-9). They are capable of entering and controlling both man and beast (Mark 5:8, 11-13). Satan and his fallen angels have the ability to impart information, to change their appearance, and to personate others (2 Cor. 11:13-14). “And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works” (2 Cor. 11:14-15).

Demon influence and possession are constantly portrayed in the New Testament. These demons are unclean, sullen, violent, malicious. They know Jesus to be the Son of God, and are compelled to recognize His authority(Matt. 8:28, 31). —That is an important truth to remember!

They inflict physical maladies (Matt. 12:22; 17:15-18; Luke 13:16) and cause those disorders of the mind induced by demon control. Christ while on earth cast out devils by the Spirit of God (Matt. 12:28).

A succession of instances of demon possession appear in the New Testament—the two Gergesenes, the dumb man, the blind and dumb man, the Syrophenician’s daughter, the lunatic child, the man in the synagogue, and Mary Magdalene. These devils were cast out by Jesus (Matt. 4:24; 8:16; Luke 8:2). Power over demons was also given by Christ to His disciples, and they too cast them out.

Demons are always—without exception—the adversaries of man (1 Peter 5:8; Matt. 12:45) and they bear false messages. Nevertheless, they “believe [that God exists] and tremble,” and are to be judged (James 2:19; Matt. 8:29)and punished (Luke 8:28; 2 Peter 2:4; Rev. 12:7-9). Of this they are very much aware.
Next, we want to learn what the Bible teaches about sorcery and witchcraft. The Scriptures are very clear about this!

Of the various occult activities being done in Bible times, sorcery (witchcraft) was most widely named as practiced among the nations. Sorcery is divination through the assistance of evil spirits. It was practiced among the Egyptians (Isa. 19:3, 11-13), by the Ninevites (Nahum 3:4), and also by the Babylonians (Isa. 47:9-13; Eze. 21:21-22; Dan. 2:2, 10, 27). It was likewise exercised by such individuals as Balaam (Num. 22:6-7; 23:23) and Jezebel (2 Kgs. 9:22). In New Testament times it was practiced by Simon Magus (Acts 8:9, 11), Elymas (Acts 13:8), the damsel at Philippi (Acts 16:16), and the sons of Sceva (Acts 19:13-15).
Are we told to avoid these things?

God expressly forbade us to consult “familiar spirits” (Lev. 19:31; 20:6, 27; Deut. 18:10-11; Isa. 8:19; 19:3) or to have anything to do with necromancy—which is trying to contact dead people (Deut. 18:11; 26:14; Isa. 8:19).Wizardry was similarly prohibited (Ex. 22:18; Lev. 19:31; 20:6, 27). And, under the theocracy, witches were to be destroyed (1 Sam. 28:3, 9).

All divination was strictly forbidden (Lev. 19:26-28, 31; 20:6; Deut. 18:9-14). All contact of this sort was denounced, as was all divining by means of “familiar spirits” (Lev. 20:27). Sorcerers were strictly forbidden (Ex. 22:18; Deut. 18:10-12), with warnings against their deceptions (Jer. 27:9-10) and their punishment foretold (Micah 5:12; Mal. 3:5; Rev. 21:8).

What does the Bible teach about those who practiced witchcraft and other satanic arts?
According to Scripture, many in ancient Israel “sold themselves to do evil in the sight of the Lord (2 Kgs. 17:16-17).By their sins, they gave themselves into the control of Satan, who then used them to capture still others who sought them for advice! They did this by necromancy, witchcraft, sorcery, familiar spirits, etc., and thus became the slaves of the demonic powers behind the occult and mysterious rites.

Because of their evil influence, and the reliance of some upon them and the “spirits,” witchcraft and wizardry were sternly forbidden.

Spiritualists are an abomination to God“There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch . . or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the Lord: and because of these abominations the Lord thy God doth drive them out from before thee. Thou shalt be perfect with the Lord thy God.”—Deuteronomy 18:10-13.

Have nothing to do with them“Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the Lord your God.”—Leviticus 19:31.

Do not listen to their lies“Therefore hearken not ye to . . your enchanters, nor to your sorcerers . . for they prophesy a lie unto you, to remove you far from your land.”—Jeremiah 27:9-10.

God will judge them severely—“And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers.”—Malachi 3:5.

continue reading on the link above......

Like I said before, NOT satan.

Satan is like god. An imaginary and invisible creature.

I don't believe either one actually exists.

Wrong. There are people who do good things who are going to hell, hotpotato. Doing good things is not what gets us into heaven. Good works do not get us into heaven. Acting "good" does not get us into heaven.

Being born again and obeying Jesus is what gets us into heaven. That is the only thing that gets us into heaven.

We are not to judge others yet you are judging people a lot lately. Why are you judging others, hot potato? God alone is the judge. I go by the Word of God. Not by your what you say.

Of course you do not judge any do you Jeri?
Fair enough I do have my opinions of folk, you may call it judging, I call it realism.
Your imaginary skyfairy has no appeal for me, your so called doer of 'good' has been the bane of human history, responsible for more death than any despot. Yet you say only he is good?...You may think this judging...but I think you are full of shit! :poop:

Define good.

Do you know what Jeri, I suspect your idea of good is a lot different from that of regular folks. Your idea of good seems somewhat akin to that of Gismys' idea of good, ie if you are not prepared to kiss the @ss of the imaginary sky fairy then you are not good.
I will tell you something for nothing, you are on the same ladder as gismo, maybe a few rungs down but you are definitely on the same path.
Do you want to become the next gismys? That ain't good!
Define good you say...well becoming the next gismo is probably the antithesis of good, take note.

btw I appreciated your short reply, cannot do with reading through all the biblical relevance your normally post, keep up the good work!

Can't agree dood.

Jere may follow paths and ideas that you and I believe to be bogus, but she takes into them an honest, sincere and open heart, and as far as I'm concerned there is no higher human quality. And a board like this should be lesson enough that you don't persuade people by attacking them.

Erleichda.

Hell, I am in trouble. I get stick from Gismo, I get stick from Posterboy, I get stick from Jeri and now I am getting Pogostick...What? Jeri is a she?

Hell, I am in trouble. I get stick from Gismo, I get stick from Posterboy, I get stick from Jeri and now I am getting Pogostick...What? Jeri is a she?

Jere's a she, yes. And I know from prior encounters having nothing to do with this topic that she's a sweet person. Your views on the topic are probably more like mine -- but there's no reason to beat anybody o'er the head wid it.
Reason, grasshopper; reason.

Jere's a she, yes. And I know from prior encounters having nothing to do with this topic that she's a sweet person. Your views on the topic are probably more like mine -- but there's no reason to beat anybody o'er the head wid it.

Ok buddy, noted...tis past 1 am here, had a few beers, as you do on a Friday night. Will behave myself! :coffee:

Ok buddy, noted...tis past 1 am here, had a few beers, as you do on a Friday night. Will behave myself! :coffee:

:beer:

You're in Europe then?

This is true, and I never post anything to her that is mean spirited.

Unfortunately, I believe that she is totally divorced from reality. In fact, I have never personally met anyone who is such a religious radical. It is too bad, really, because if it were not for the cult beliefs, I would enjoy hanging out with her. Alas, she has bought into the dogma to the extent that there is no room for anything else.

Of course you do not judge any do you Jeri?
Fair enough I do have my opinions of folk, you may call it judging, I call it realism.
Your imaginary skyfairy has no appeal for me, your so called doer of 'good' has been the bane of human history, responsible for more death than any despot. Yet you say only he is good?...You may think this judging...but I think you are full of shit! :poop:

I am sorry. Mabye you weren't. Maybe you were just sharing your opinion. What do I know? I apologise, HP. I should not have made that comment.

This is true, and I never post anything to her that is mean spirited.

Unfortunately, I believe that she is totally divorced from reality. In fact, I have never personally met anyone who is such a religious radical. It is too bad, really, because if it were not for the cult beliefs, I would enjoy hanging out with her. Alas, she has bought into the dogma to the extent that there is no room for anything else.

Vandal, that is is one of the sweetest you have ever said about me. I thank God for you. I didn't feel I was radical enough. I thought maybe I wasn't strong enough in my preaching. After reading this I feel a little better. Thank you. ( I mean that from my heart and I pray tonight for you that God blesses with something wonderful. You are most precious to me. ) Good night, ya'll.

Sorry Jeri, if I had known you were of the fairer sex I would not have been so crude. My apologies.
On e question though...why Jeremiah? Why not a strong biblical lady like Hannah, Esther or Abigail?

Absolutely. No novel reading. Novels are trashy. I would not dare touch one. I read the bible.

Better you than me, dude! I recently found John Anderson's Destroyermen series...and WOW, it's spectacular!

Not today, though...my wife and I are soon going to gear up, fire up our motorcycles, and head to a friend's place for our biweekly Dungeons & Dragons game.

Forum List

Back