Bible passages that the religious right must pretend do not exist...

Agit8r

Gold Member
Dec 4, 2010
"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and Mammon."
-- Matthew 6:24

"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."
-- Mark 10:25

"Do not mistreat an alien or oppress him"
-- Exodus 22:21

"If you enter your neighbor's vineyard, you may eat all the grapes you want, but do not put any in your basket."
-- Deuteronomy 23:24

"What sorrow for you who buy up house after house and field after field, until everyone is evicted and you live alone in the land."
-- Isaiah 5:8

"If you lend money to one of my people among you who is needy, do not be like a moneylender; charge him no interest."
-- Exodus 22:25

"neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common"
-- Acts 4:32

And yet they say our government should operate according to Christian principles. Irony :rolleyes:

Christians don't really give a fuck about what's in the Bible. They just cherry-pick the parts that reaffirm the current social morays of their culture. There have even been numerous tests done of biblical knowledge between atheists and Christians and atheists routinely score higher. That's why when people ask me why I don't believe in the Bible my answer is always "Because I've actually read it." In fact I and likely many other atheists as well have not just read it but picked it apart over and over again.

Christians don't really give a fuck about what's in the Bible. They just cherry-pick the parts that reaffirm the current social morays of their culture. There have even been numerous tests done of biblical knowledge between atheists and Christians and atheists routinely score higher. That's why when people ask me why I don't believe in the Bible my answer is always "Because I've actually read it." In fact I and likely many other atheists as well have not just read it but picked it apart over and over again.

It is pretense built upon pretense

It is pretense built upon pretense

You don't have to be nice, you can just say "Lie built upon lie" haha.

As I've long-said, I believed in God until I read the Bible. :)

"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and Mammon."

"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

"If you enter your neighbor's vineyard, you may eat all the grapes you want, but do not put any in your basket."

"What sorrow for you who buy up house after house and field after field, until everyone is evicted and you live alone in the land."

"If you lend money to one of my people among you who is needy, do not be like a moneylender; charge him no interest."

"neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common"

And yet they say our government should operate according to Christian principles. Irony :rolleyes:

So your living your life how?

Its a hoot how people like this one,will blubber up a storm about something they know jack shit about,blam others for not following something they themselves don't believe in,but damn sure want others to.

Pretzel logic in full view. And a huge lack of that old lefty tolerance we are told exists, somewhere?

What point do you think you're making?

How do you know we've ignored anything in those verse? Why? Because we don't support giving too much power to the government? It's precisely because we serve God and not mammon that we cannot in good conscience concede that power to mammon.

Tell me the difference between Christians that are religious right vs. Christians that are religious left.

Tell me the difference between Christians that are religious right vs. Christians that are religious left.

You mean like ones that are conservative vs ones that are liberal? Not really sure, I can't speak for them since I'm not either but my guess would that liberal or "leftist" Christians take a more live and let live approach to people outside their faith whereas conservatives are more like Gismo. They feel like they have to sniff out the sinners wherever they may be.

You mean like ones that are conservative vs ones that are liberal? Not really sure, I can't speak for them since I'm not either but my guess would that liberal or "leftist" Christians take a more live and let live approach to people outside their faith whereas conservatives are more like Gismo. They feel like they have to sniff out the sinners wherever they may be.
Simple! Real believers are not liberals, liberals don't believe the Word of God .

I swear he's like Beatlejuice. You say his name enough and BOOM here he is! lol

Simple! Real believers are not liberals, liberals don't believe the Word of God .

I'm not convinced you believe the Word of God.

Most Christians right wing or left wing have never read the Bible. Old Testament nor New Testament.

What's your point here? Have you read the Bible in entirety? In context?
I have many times over. Have you?

You put up passages from the Bible and attempt to discredit a belief.

That is as careless as putting up passages from Carlos Castaneda trying to make some one out to be who follows the teachings of Don Juan appear to be a fool just because they haven't read all of Castaneda's work.

Or putting up passages from the writings of Kahil Gibrand or Yevgeniy Yevtushenko and trying out of bits and pieces to make the whole of the writers work.

You are a fool.

That doesn't make sense.

Left = Progressive = authoritarian fascists

Um. No.

You are in denial bro.

Leftists = Progressives = Authoritarian Statists

And you still haven't answered my message bro. I'm kinda butthurt to be honest lol.
But no you are wrong. One of our greatest presidents was a progressive. The man responsible for the UN and he would've prevented WW2 if Congress had stood by him.

That doesn't make sense.

Left = Progressive = authoritarian fascists

Um. No.

You are in denial bro.

Leftists = Progressives = Authoritarian Statists

And you still haven't answered my message bro. I'm kinda butthurt to be honest lol.
But no you are wrong. One of our greatest presidents was a progressive. The man responsible for the UN and he would've prevented WW2 if Congress had stood by him.

Dude it takes you 2 days to answer and you get butthurt that I didn't reply to it immediately? WTF?

Forum List

Back