The best thing about God is you can claim to speak for him and he will never tell people you don't

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
I'm not bashing on religion in general just the fact that so many prophets say they speak for God but none of them agree on what he has said.

Mohammed said don't beat your wife with a rod thicker than your thumb. That makes him quite a humanitarian because sometimes men beat their wives with baseball bats.

Mohammed said men should have no more than four wives.

I found one wife to be more than I wanted.

Half of a wife would be ideal.

Which half?

jan-in-the-pan.jpg

I'm not bashing on religion in general just the fact that so many prophets say they speak for God but none of them agree on what he has said.

It's all there in black and white, and sometimes red. Which Prophets disagree with each other, and on what do they disagree? They seem to be pretty consistent, and over a long period of time.

The common concepts of "God" more closely resemble Santa Claus; very childish and simplistic. No self respecting "God" would reply.

The common concepts of "God" more closely resemble Santa Claus; very childish and simplistic. No self respecting "God" would reply.

Yes. Many seem to think a God is supposed to bribe them with ponies or something, and perform magic tricks for them on demand, as if their egoes are the only thing that should matter to a universe. Most people remain atavistic pagan materialists at heart.

Last edited:

Yes. Many seem to think a God is supposed to bribe them with ponies or something, and perform magic trucks for them on demand, as if their egoes are the only thing that should matter to a universe. Most people remain atavistic pagan materialists at heart.
Perhaps that's true.

I'm just reaching a point of exhaustion because I don't see the fucking point to anything that happens.

Yes. Many seem to think a God is supposed to bribe them with ponies or something, and perform magic trucks for them on demand, as if their egoes are the only thing that should matter to a universe. Most people remain atavistic pagan materialists at heart.
Perhaps that's true.

I'm just reaching a point of exhaustion because I don't see the fucking point to anything that happens.
This existential ennui is natural for anyone who examines life long enough. Just remember that the 'mind' and 'self' we have built up are very limited by comparison of all that could be. Ego can be a good guide, but it can be easily distorted by our incapacity to see the 'grand scheme'.

Perhaps that's true.

This existential ennui is natural for anyone who examines life long enough. Just remember that the 'mind' and 'self' we have built up are very limited by comparison of all that could be. Ego can be a good guide, but it can be easily distorted by our incapacity to see the 'grand scheme'.
I could take up drinking or drug abuse as a way to solve the problem of too much thinking.

Perhaps that's true.

I could take up drinking or drug abuse as a way to solve the problem of too much thinking.

Don't do that; it doesn't work, and just costs money.

Perhaps that's true.

That isn't a solution, as you well realize (though, truly, your brain would be in a solution of alcohol).
One thing that is common to our species is that when we commence questioning 'everything', we fail to question questioning.

Perhaps that's true.

That isn't a solution, as you well realize (though, truly, your brain would be in a solution of alcohol).
One thing that is common to our species is that when we commence questioning 'everything', we fail to question questioning.
I don't understand what you're saying.

Perhaps I'm too stupid to understand.

Forum List

Back