The best boss in America

He will be able to attract the best workers....a win win for everyone involved. Nothing wrong with it. 70 rand isn't all that much for a salary. Barely middle class.

Why the fuck doesn't the OP stay interested in his own thread?

Answer the question, bear513
I work 3rd shift , I sleep around noon till 5pm

Oh fuck that excuse shit bear. Just come out and admit you have no answers to any questions. You just want to tell the rest of us how wonderful you are at your job.

But I did like the post to you making you look foolish for letting your self and your skills be used by all in the plant,. and not get paid for it. LMAO.

That'r great dude. You are in a right to work for less state.

It's a very competitive field so we'll see if it lasts. If he's got that kind of profit he's been gouging the fuck out of his customers. I've gone through numerous merchant account providers and most of them were scamming scumbags. Most of the sales pitches are an outright lie.

I've wondered why that wasn't part of this narrative?

His company processes credit card transactions. What is the interest rates of those credit cards?

Could it be that he is part of the reason thousands of Americans file bankruptcy each month?

It's a very competitive field so we'll see if it lasts. If he's got that kind of profit he's been gouging the fuck out of his customers. I've gone through numerous merchant account providers and most of them were scamming scumbags. Most of the sales pitches are an outright lie.
I've wondered why that wasn't part of this narrative?

His company processes credit card transactions. What is the interest rates of those credit cards?

Could it be that he is part of the reason thousands of Americans file bankruptcy each month?
The card companies charge the interest rates, and it's high because so many default. I pay mine off each month.

But I believe he's a merchant account provider. Businesses use them so they can use credit cards for payment. Most are scamers in my experience. They will advertise a low rate, like 1.5% of the purchase, no monthly fee, or a low one. Then you get your bill and they're charging 3 to 4% on most sales for "unsecured payments" and a bill for the bill. No monthly fee, just a processing cost. "oh, we didn't mention that?"

Maybe he's legit, I never heard of the company, but if he's filthy rich in a very competitive field I wonder.

Real change is accomplished through the culture, not by mandate. Let's see how this goes, and let's see if it can spread.

This guy owns the company, and he knows that his equity in the company could very well expand massively with this publicity, so even if it doesn't work it will have been a shrewd marketing move. His personal salary is irrelevant compared to the value of his business. Smart move. Huge goodwill across the country now for his business, something advertising can't buy.

Little socioeconomic Petri dishes here and there, that's what states' rights are for. The potential problem is that now, a zillion people are going to think that a hamburger flipper is worth $70K, because they're absolutely ignorant of business economics and they're listening to people who are as well.

Should be fascinating to watch, smart move.

I too think that this really has more to do with improving the value of his business, though I see some different factors leading to that end. No doubt, this will help to provide substantial motivation for his staff, will yield improved work product. He'll also be better able to attract and recruit higher quality employees. In the end, this move may prove to be a phenomenal component to growing his business with the best and brightest talents available, and poise the company for a ripe buyout for big bucks. And that is where the payoff will come.

There's alot of things that idiotic partisan hacks should bear in mind before they get all hot and bothered by this as some "great example" of their Utopian fantasy.

First, this is not actually an example of pay parity "working." While the CEO may be taking the $70k minimum, other employees are making more. The incentive factor comes into play by way of a future buyout yielding big rewards.

Second, the scheme depends on someone else putting money into the system. It only has the potential to yield rewards (thus, it's potential to offer incentives and keep people motivated to perform well) if someone else out there is able and interested in buying the company out. That is, it depends on other companies out there using traditional pay scales in order to generate large profits and savings.

I think it's pretty clear that he is not trying to set up some kind of pay scale that is stable enough to be perpetually feasible, and perhaps that's the greatest shame of this all. Income disparity is much too dramatic in today's world, and what we really need are examples of condensed pay scales that work not by paying CEOs the company's lowest wage, but by offering better (than the current dismal average) wages for most, with more modest ballooning at the far upper end.

People get raises because that's what keeps them there

Fuck you. You made the claim that a MW increase results in an inflationary cycle. I asked you to prove it. You can't or you would have. How grreat it would have been if you could have. But you can't. So stfu.

You are adding cost without increasing value through productivity. The value of the product doesn't increase, and the cost of making it does.

How does that NOT cause inflation?

Without getting into the why's and wherefore's of whether or not the Founder/CEO is a liberal do-gooder or a scheming capitalist trying to add value to his company, please answer: If the Founder/CEO cuts his "salary" $930K then adds $930K to his employees salaries, how does your post make any sense?

Now this is doing the right thing, this is charity, this is what Jesus would do. Bu he had a choice,, again taxes is not charity
Seattle boss raises entire company s minimum wage to 70 000 Fox News

After hearing about a study that claimed income-- to a certain level-- directly affects one's emotional well-being, the founder of a Seattle-based credit card processing company announced Monday that he will take a large salary cut so he can increase the pay for each employee to at least $70,000 a year

And I say...good for him.....it is his money and he can spend it the way he wants.......as long as he doesn't try to use the government to force everyone else to do it......

I hope he succeeds...in his private decision.....

People get raises because that's what keeps them there

Fuck you. You made the claim that a MW increase results in an inflationary cycle. I asked you to prove it. You can't or you would have. How grreat it would have been if you could have. But you can't. So stfu.

You are adding cost without increasing value through productivity. The value of the product doesn't increase, and the cost of making it does.

How does that NOT cause inflation?

Without getting into the why's and wherefore's of whether or not the Founder/CEO is a liberal do-gooder or a scheming capitalist trying to add value to his company, please answer: If the Founder/CEO cuts his "salary" $930K then adds $930K to his employees salaries, how does your post make any sense?

Two different arguments. This post spawned a Minimum wage argument.

Also this is an example of a small localized increase, as opposed to the broader, far more massive increase a MW increase would entail.

Finally, the CEO negated the additional costs of increased labor by taking the pay cut.

I can see it now. Massive conservative protest about this company.

Lets face it, if the company thrives and his employees are making good money and company is making good money, it makes you right wingers who HATE the idea of the boss making less so the employee can make more, it makes you all look like assholes.

Massive right wing protests are in order.

You morons have no fucking clue do you....obviously not.........he owns the company, he can do what he wants with his "property" and I as a conservative, who supports the libertarians and Tea Party say good for him.........

What we can't stand is when ass hats like you use the government....men with guns....to force everyone else to do what you want.....

If he thinks this is a good plan for his business....good luck to him.......

You guys are fucking clueless.....

Forum List

Back