The best boss in America

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Now this is doing the right thing, this is charity, this is what Jesus would do. Bu he had a choice,, again taxes is not charity
Seattle boss raises entire company s minimum wage to 70 000 Fox News

After hearing about a study that claimed income-- to a certain level-- directly affects one's emotional well-being, the founder of a Seattle-based credit card processing company announced Monday that he will take a large salary cut so he can increase the pay for each employee to at least $70,000 a year

Real change is accomplished through the culture, not by mandate. Let's see how this goes, and let's see if it can spread.

This guy owns the company, and he knows that his equity in the company could very well expand massively with this publicity, so even if it doesn't work it will have been a shrewd marketing move. His personal salary is irrelevant compared to the value of his business. Smart move. Huge goodwill across the country now for his business, something advertising can't buy.

Little socioeconomic Petri dishes here and there, that's what states' rights are for. The potential problem is that now, a zillion people are going to think that a hamburger flipper is worth $70K, because they're absolutely ignorant of business economics and they're listening to people who are as well.

Should be fascinating to watch, smart move.

It's a very competitive field so we'll see if it lasts. If he's got that kind of profit he's been gouging the fuck out of his customers. I've gone through numerous merchant account providers and most of them were scamming scumbags. Most of the sales pitches are an outright lie.

It's a very competitive field so we'll see if it lasts. If he's got that kind of profit he's been gouging the fuck out of his customers. I've gone through numerous merchant account providers and most of them were scamming scumbags. Most of the sales pitches are an outright lie.
Yeah, it's one of the nastiest fields out there, kind of like the copier field.

Massive publicity though. A guy this savvy might well sell the business after the upcoming revenue surge.

How many of his employees didn't already make 70K? Is that in the article?

I can see it now. Massive conservative protest about this company.

Lets face it, if the company thrives and his employees are making good money and company is making good money, it makes you right wingers who HATE the idea of the boss making less so the employee can make more, it makes you all look like assholes.

Massive right wing protests are in order.

Lets face it, if the company thrives and his employees are making good money and company is making good money, it makes you right wingers who HATE the idea of the boss making less so the employee can make more, it makes you all look like assholes.

No, it doesn't. I paid my employees 20 percent above market salaries.

Interesting, the left once again comes to the defense of a one percenter.

He can do whatever he wants. Its when you guys try to force all businesses to do this, THAT'S when I have a problem, and most non progressive statists have a problem.

The market will decide if his idea works, also, he will decide if the risks he takes and the work he puts in is warranted by his reduced income.

No, it doesn't. I paid my employees 20 percent above market salaries.

Zeke fails to get that it isn't the pay that bothers most people, its the government MANDATING it.

Interesting, the left once again comes to the defense of a one percenter.

A one percenter with common sense and a caring outlook for his employees. Yea, the guy did his employees a real good turn. I would even bet he votes Democrat. OMG!!!!

Proof once again that the lefties don't have a problem with the 1% when they act like decent human beings.

And proof once again that the right wingers are wanting to support ON:Y the 1%ers who are greedy whores.

He can do whatever he wants. Its when you guys try to force all businesses to do this, THAT'S when I have a problem, and most non progressive statists have a problem.

The market will decide if his idea works, also, he will decide if the risks he takes and the work he puts in is warranted by his reduced income.
Yep.

And I'll guarantee you: This is a shrewd, timely, topical business decision. He thought this through.

Smart guy, and a (temporary, at least) win-win.

This story is noteworthy because a boss bucked the trend and let some of the profits trickle down to employees rather than keep them all to himself. Sad that such an occurrence is so rare that it becomes a news story.

This story is noteworthy because a boss bucked the trend and let some of the profits trickle down to employees rather than keep them all to himself. Sad that such an occurrence is so rare that it becomes a news story.
Perhaps it will start a trend, some momentum. If not this time, maybe next time.

Rather than it being mandated, maybe someone will get it going organically.

Far less anger and animosity that way - can you see the value?

Perhaps it will start a trend, some momentum. If not this time, maybe next time.

Rather than it being mandated, maybe someone will get it going organically.

Far less anger and animosity that way - can you see the value?

The fight to raise minimum wages is but a reaction to to the fact that working class wages have stubbornly stayed flat while upper level management is on a flight into the stratosphere. If trickle down worked there would be no effort to raise wages through the law.

Who's protesting, moron? Conservatives don't usually bury themselves into other people's shit like liberals. You are projecting.

It ain't my money and your constant sniveling doesn't change facts.

Forum List

Back