The awful truth: education won't stop the west getting poorer

To the left wing in means a Hubble satellite, a particle accelerator and federally subsidized high speed rail in every town. Plus a continuous moon mission and free health care for everybody.

Don't pretend that the left is somehow less wasteful and more likely to own a 72" wide screen.

What does "standard of living" mean?

Hubble satellite? Good, we can learn how the world came to exist.

Particle accelerator? Good, we can learn about the building blocks of the universe.

High speed rail? 30% less costly than existing rail. Can compete with airplanes and promotes the expansion of business.

Moon mission? No, that was Republicans. Democrats want to create investment opportunities by inventing new methods of space flight so we can expand out into the solar system.

"Free" health care? No, "affordable" health care for all Americans.

You were almost right. If you actually knew what you were talking about, you could have been 100% right. People who make fun of science should know some science.

You are an idiot. And you can't be trusted with money because you don't know how to stop wasting resources at breakneck speed just to flatter your ego.

But please, expand out into the universe. That sounds like a cost effective way to produce the 428% increase in available resources your pipe dreams require.
Might one inquire as to where that number came from?

And what are your plans? That we become Afghanistan? Live in terror in caves? Scared of shadows? That's you, not me.

My plan is that we reverse population growth.

So, basically... kill everyone else so they'll be more for us?

I think I might've heard that somewhere before... something about 'living space'...

Weissman, is that you?

Hubble satellite? Good, we can learn how the world came to exist.

Particle accelerator? Good, we can learn about the building blocks of the universe.

High speed rail? 30% less costly than existing rail. Can compete with airplanes and promotes the expansion of business.

Moon mission? No, that was Republicans. Democrats want to create investment opportunities by inventing new methods of space flight so we can expand out into the solar system.

"Free" health care? No, "affordable" health care for all Americans.

You were almost right. If you actually knew what you were talking about, you could have been 100% right. People who make fun of science should know some science.

You are an idiot. And you can't be trusted with money because you don't know how to stop wasting resources at breakneck speed just to flatter your ego.

But please, expand out into the universe. That sounds like a cost effective way to produce the 428% increase in available resources your pipe dreams require.
Might one inquire as to where that number came from?

Sure. The US consumes 25% of the world's resources while we are only 5% of the population. Amortize that out and you will find that if the entire earth consumed as many resources/capita as we do total resource consumption would increase 428%.

And what are your plans? That we become Afghanistan? Live in terror in caves? Scared of shadows? That's you, not me.

I think I might've heard that somewhere before... something about 'living space'...

Weissman, is that you?

50,000 people die every day due to malnutrition. That is 18 million/year.

One way or another the death rate is going to eclipse the death rate by 2060, perhaps sooner.

Either due to famine, plague, war, or something else.

The sooner we reverse the population explosion the more tolerable that impasse will be.

The longer we wait, the greater the Armageddon.

Besides our economy only needs about 10% of our population to provide for the 6 billion who already exist.

amortization (or amortisation) is the process of decreasing, or accounting for, an amount over a period. The word comes from middle english amortisen to kill, alienate in mortmain, from anglo-french amorteser, alteration of amortir, from vulgar latin admortire to kill, from latin ad- + mort-, mors death.
When used in the context of a home purchase, amortization is the process by which your loan principal decreases over the life of your loan. With each mortgage payment that you make, a portion of your payment is applied towards reducing your principal and another portion of your payment is applied towards paying the interest on the loan. An amortization table shows this ratio of principal and interest and demonstrates how your loan's principal amount decreases over time.
Amortization is generally known as depreciation of intangible assets of a firm.

... ?

Weissman, is that you?

Earth an support the entire population alive today. The problem is distribution.
One way or another the death rate is going to eclipse the death rate by 2060, perhaps sooner.

So nature has it under control and you're just a Malthusian idiot?

Besides our economy only needs about 10% of our population to provide for the 6 billion who already exist.
:eusa_eh:

That statement doesn't even begin to make sense

amortization (or amortisation) is the process of accounting for, an amount over a period.

I could have used the word extrapolate, but amortize works.

Weissman, is that you?

Earth an support the entire population alive today. The problem is distribution.

But the Earth can't support the entire population in 2050, that's the point. There is a carrying capacity of the earth to any species dependent on impact. Huge explosions of species occur and then recede in Australia every decade or so as carrying capacity is reached, exceeded and population collapse balances the equation.

We may have already surpassed the carrying capacity of the earth for our species at this lifestyle but events haven't yet manifest to prove it. By 2050 and at 9 billion strong, you can bank on it.

Weissman, is that you?

The sooner we reverse the population explosion the more tolerable that impasse will be.

Would that translate into the non-essential population not even needing a great education ? Why bother with post high school education if they're aren't any jobs that REALLY need you ?

Weissman, is that you?

Would that translate into the non-essential population not even needing a great education ? Why bother with post high school education if they're aren't any jobs that REALLY need you ?
' I don't want a nation of thinkers, I want a nation of workers'

So nature has it under control and you're just a Malthusian idiot?

We are nature too, dumb dumb.

:eusa_eh:

That statement doesn't even begin to make sense

Think about it, as you expand your mind what once seemed like nonsense occurs to you as lucid.

What is the point in being alive if the forces of politics and economics condemn you to a life of starvation, imprisonment or disease? What is the point in procreating if your child is doomed to a sour, painful, short life?

We need to reduce the population explosion as quickly as possible and we are, and we will, by whatever means necessary.

Look, I've heard it all before, Mr Weissman. I know where you're going with this. It's not gonna fly here. We all remember what happened in Germany.

Look, I've heard it all before, Mr Weissman. I know where you're going with this. It's not gonna fly here. We all remember what happened in Germany.

Your mind is a box and millions, perhaps billions will die because of your particular brand of ignorance.

Seeing as that's coming from a guy calling for killing millions-rhetoric Weissman and others used in the decades leading up to the Hitler regime- I'll take that with a grain of salt.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Darwin-Hitler-Evolutionary-Eugenics-Germany/dp/1403965021]Amazon.com: From Darwin to Hitler: Evolutionary Ethics, Eugenics, and Racism in Germany (9781403965028): Richard Weikart: Books[/ame]

We've heard it all before.

The "thinking man" would say, "Without thinkers, no one would know what to work on". Oops. Someone was being "thoughtless".

The "thinking man" would say, "Without thinkers, no one would know what to work on". Oops.

The 2010 restoration was amazing

Unfortunately, this is not the 2010 restoration

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing as that's coming from a guy calling for killing millions-rhetoric Weissman and others used in the decades leading up to the Hitler regime- I'll take that with a grain of salt.

Amazon.com: From Darwin to Hitler: Evolutionary Ethics, Eugenics, and Racism in Germany (9781403965028): Richard Weikart: Books

We've heard it all before.

The only person calling for killing anybody is you.

Killing everyone is the "solution" of the "uneducated".

Forum List

Back