The Arctic Is In Even Worse Shape Than You Realize

This explains the difference between weather and climate change better then I could. I believe him over the deniers on this forum. Also, the movie, Chasing Ice actually shows what is happening to the ice shelves.They're receding at an alarming rate.

Future generations will have to contend with the selfishness, gluttony and irresponsibility of the Baby Boom generation as well as Republican greed. They will curse us. The deniers will be dust when the real effects of climate change occurs. Just like Trump they don't give a shit what happens to others when they're dead and gone.
----------------------------------------------------- after watching and reading these millenials and their ilk for the last few years on this board and others i don't like them AT ALL anyway . Feck them John Law

Either you believe that we should leave future generations better off than we are or you don't. I'll say your opinion is honest as to your belief. I disagree. All we are doing is leaving our descendants a clusterfck.

Future generations will have to contend with the selfishness, gluttony and irresponsibility of the Baby Boom generation as well as Republican greed. They will curse us. The deniers will be dust when the real effects of climate change occurs. Just like Trump they don't give a shit what happens to others when they're dead and gone.
----------------------------------------------------- after watching and reading these millenials and their ilk for the last few years on this board and others i don't like them AT ALL anyway . Feck them John Law

Either you believe that we should leave future generations better off than we are or you don't. I'll say your opinion is honest as to your belief. I disagree. All we are doing is leaving our descendants a clusterfck.
------------------------------------- 'millenials' aren't worth saving . Course i don't believe all the warnings and alerts that so called experts advertise anyway . I look outside and everything seems fine to me JLaw .

What's under all that ice?

Scotch.

main-qimg-d471f53c02efb1d2112b58f0003f8288-c

See also, Warming in Arctic Raises Fears of a ‘Rapid Unraveling’ of the Region

Here is some of the findings:

Some of the findings in the research, provided by 81 scientists in 12 countries, included:

• Ice that persists year after year, forming thick layers, is disappearing from the Arctic. This is important because the very old ice tends to resist melting; without it, melting accelerates. Old ice made up less than 1 percent of the Arctic ice pack this year, a decline of 95 percent over the last 33 years.

• Donald K. Perovich, a sea-ice expert at Dartmouth College who contributed to the report, said the “big story” for ice this year was in the Bering Sea, off western Alaska, where the extent of sea ice reached a record low for virtually the entire winter. During two weeks in February, normally a time when sea ice grows, the Bering Sea lost an area of ice the size of Idaho, Dr. Perovich said.

• The lack of ice and surge of warmth coincides with rapid expansion of algae species in the Arctic Ocean, associated with harmful blooms that can poison marine life and people who eat the contaminated seafood. The northward shift of the algae “means that the Arctic is now vulnerable to species introductions into local communities and ecosystems that have little to no prior exposure to this phenomenon,” the report said.

• Reindeer and caribou populations have declined 56 percent in the past two decades, dropping to 2.1 million from 4.7 million. Scientists monitoring 22 herds found that two of them were at peak numbers without declines, but five populations had declined more than 90 percent “and show no sign of recovery.”

• Tiny bits of ocean plastic, which can be ingested by marine life, are proliferating at the top of the planet. “Concentrations in the remote Arctic Ocean are higher than all other ocean basins in the world,” the report said. The microplastics are also showing up in Arctic sea ice. Scientists have found samples of cellulose acetate, used in making cigarette filters, and particles of plastics used in bottle caps and packaging material.

And what do you propose we do?
There are plenty of options on the table from the Republican inspired cap and trade to investing in green infrastructure. Of course, the US can't do it alone, but the US should not be the country leading the retreat from action. We are either a can do nation or a nation of defeatists. Which are we?

See also, Warming in Arctic Raises Fears of a ‘Rapid Unraveling’ of the Region

Here is some of the findings:

Some of the findings in the research, provided by 81 scientists in 12 countries, included:

• Ice that persists year after year, forming thick layers, is disappearing from the Arctic. This is important because the very old ice tends to resist melting; without it, melting accelerates. Old ice made up less than 1 percent of the Arctic ice pack this year, a decline of 95 percent over the last 33 years.

• Donald K. Perovich, a sea-ice expert at Dartmouth College who contributed to the report, said the “big story” for ice this year was in the Bering Sea, off western Alaska, where the extent of sea ice reached a record low for virtually the entire winter. During two weeks in February, normally a time when sea ice grows, the Bering Sea lost an area of ice the size of Idaho, Dr. Perovich said.

• The lack of ice and surge of warmth coincides with rapid expansion of algae species in the Arctic Ocean, associated with harmful blooms that can poison marine life and people who eat the contaminated seafood. The northward shift of the algae “means that the Arctic is now vulnerable to species introductions into local communities and ecosystems that have little to no prior exposure to this phenomenon,” the report said.

• Reindeer and caribou populations have declined 56 percent in the past two decades, dropping to 2.1 million from 4.7 million. Scientists monitoring 22 herds found that two of them were at peak numbers without declines, but five populations had declined more than 90 percent “and show no sign of recovery.”

• Tiny bits of ocean plastic, which can be ingested by marine life, are proliferating at the top of the planet. “Concentrations in the remote Arctic Ocean are higher than all other ocean basins in the world,” the report said. The microplastics are also showing up in Arctic sea ice. Scientists have found samples of cellulose acetate, used in making cigarette filters, and particles of plastics used in bottle caps and packaging material.

And what do you propose we do?
There are plenty of options on the table from the Republican inspired cap and trade to investing in green infrastructure. Of course, the US can't do it alone, but the US should not be the country leading the retreat from action. We are either a can do nation or a nation of defeatists. Which are we?
---------------------------------------------------------- seems to me that we are a Nation who has decided to ignore the BS or Fake News JohnLaw .

How is any of the melt linked to man made global climate warming change? Because you say so??? Really?

Yeah... Leaving future generations with insurmoutable debt, just to fund your pie in the sky pet projects is exactly the clusterfuck I'll fight against.

Yeah... Leaving future generations with insurmoutable debt, just to fund your pie in the sky pet projects is exactly the clusterfuck I'll fight against.
----------------------------------- Millenials and their widdle kids , gender benders and Young Dopers ain't worth it . Read some of the stuff they believe and post on the board , Yeah , millenials ain't worth the fight and their Young Doper kids are no better Vastator .

----------------------------------- Millenials and their widdle kids , gender benders and Young Dopers ain't worth it . Read some of the stuff they believe and post on the board , Yeah , millenials ain't worth the fight and their Young Doper kids are no better .

----------------------------------- Millenials and their widdle kids , gender benders and Young Dopers ain't worth it . Read some of the stuff they believe and post on the board , Yeah , millenials ain't worth the fight and their Young Doper kids are no better Vastator .
I don't much worry about theirs. Mostly mine, and my kin...

The Arctic is in even worse shape than you realize

Over the past three decades of global warming, the oldest and thickest ice in the Arctic has declined by a stunning 95 percent, according the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s annual Arctic Report Card.

A very dramatic video here:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Another Chris Mooney babble quickly swallowed up by the resident warmist ignoramuses. Don't you warmists ever tire of being mislead by loony Mooney?

First of all they start at 1979 as pointed out by loony Mooney himself:

"Over the past three decades of global warming, the oldest and thickest ice in the Arctic has declined by a stunning 95 percent, according the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s annual Arctic Report Card."

While IGNORING the rest of the Interglacial before 1979, that is a special kind of stupid especially when they are saying we are in big trouble now, but no big deal in previous centuries of far less ice to NO Summer ice, yet no dire apocalypse ever showed up. The Polar Bears, Eskimos and gosh even unfrosted Al $$$ Gore are here today.

Mooney doesn't want you to know that DESPITE a significant reduction of Multi-Ice, there has been NO MORE DECLINE since 2007 in ice cover extent.

arctic-ice-august07to18final.png

Stop embarrassing yourself by taking Christopher Mooney seriously.

Last edited:
Deniers deserve their fate .....~S~

It is people like YOU who fall back on the stupid namecalling, who fails to mount a decent counterpoint, it is why you appear ignorant and even dumb.

What I posted is correct since there were indeed CENTURIES of little to no summer ice, yet no climate calamity ever showed up.

What Mooney did was dishonest and misleading as he is typically.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back