The Ancestral Diet: What it is, Benefits, and How to....

^ Some of these nutrients specific to meat include:

Except the meat people eat today is nothing like the meat people ate 3 million years ago.

It's loaded with hormones and antibiotics and animals are fed diets that are nothing like the wild forage animals ate 3 million years ago. People do not eat the organ meats brains and eyeballs like people did 3 million years ago either.

Instead they eat overly fat cholesterol laden meats in portions that are enough to feed 3 people.

People 3 million years ago only ate eggs for a very short seasonal time when wild birds were laying eggs and only then if they could find them.

And no one ate cheese or drank animal milk 3 million years ago

People do not eat the organ meats brains and eyeballs like people did 3 million years ago either.

Oh yes they do.

Brains on toast made a tasty teatime meal for British people.

I saw dead camels’ heads, with the tongues hanging out, in the butchery section of a Berber market in Morocco, once.

I was assured they were delicious.

Oh yes they do.

Brains on toast made a tasty teatime meal for British people.

I saw dead camels’ heads, with the tongues hanging out, in the butchery section of a Berber market in Morocco, once.

I was assured they were delicious.
The exception is not the rule.

And the US is not Morocco.

In fact I'll wager that almost no meat eating Americans would never eat a camel tongue.

Yep, think about that.

Especially those who made a big deal of not cooking their meats to a proper internal temp.

My wife's uncle passed away from complications from eating deer liver that they suspect was not cooked properly (and likely diseased) and yeah he was one of those that always went on about eating rare meat.

I can't even fathom how contaminated commercially grown/processed liver might be....No thanks.

It’s not the centre of the world either.

I wouldn’t either.
So you admit that you're not going to follow this "ancestral" diet?

The fact is it is impossible to follow because almost nothing people ate 3 million years ago is going to be available today

It’s merely an interpretation of it.

No need to be so literal.
Yeah there is.

There is no way anyone today can eat like a human did 3 million years ago.

Unless you live in the Amazon and have have never advanced beyond the hunter gatherer stage and also remained unfound by other people.

Forum List

Back