How to reduce violent crime, if that is the actual goal, and it doesn't involve banning guns for normal people.

Yep...because everyone is protected by those Rights so we have to take that into account.....two groups can't use the same public square at the same time for their free speech rally....so they have to take turns...

Meanwhile, we already have all the laws we need to govern guns..........we don't need anymore.....considering the democrats refuse to keep violent gun offenders locked up...and release them over and over again.
You may or may not be right but as I see it, what we have now isn't working and I doubt any simple solution will change that dramatically.

My solution to the crime problem is to get rid of all the prisons. Because they don't work: hello, what's going on now is proof they don't work to stop or even slow down crime, ever increasing.

Nearly all crimes are perfectly open and shut: the guy is holding a smoking gun and drinking out of the stolen liquor bottle. He's to be tried that night or within a week, sentenced to execution for murder, and executed within a week. Boy, that would revivify the police, knowing that catching bad guys would finally do some good!

Murders are obvious, but I'd say crimes of $1k worth. If the worth isn't so much it would go on the guy's record and be cumulative: it would add up to $1K the next time, probably. Same deal, one week to trial, one week to execution when found guilty.

A few prisons could be left in place for puzzling cases, but not many would be needed. Cleaning out the repeat criminals would create a peaceful society within half a year.

Great. Can the gun store identify who they sold it to?

They don't have to...when the cops catch a bad guy, if he has an illegal gun, they can arrest him for it........no muss, no fuss, no registration list so you asshats can ban and confiscate guns.

Great. Can the gun store identify who they sold it to?
The gun stores are required to keep paper records of all sales, so yes. How do you think the Feds catch straw purchasers? One of the issues with Obama's sales to the Cartels was the gun store owners were instructed NOT to keep the proper records and to sell to obvious straw purchasers and many refused. I believe that's how the gun used to kill the Border Patrolman was traced.

They don't have to...when the cops catch a bad guy, if he has an illegal gun, they can arrest him for it........no muss, no fuss, no registration list so you asshats can ban and confiscate guns.
What is an 'illegal gun'? A gun sold illegally, purchased illegally, possessed illegally, or used illegally?

The gun stores are required to keep paper records of all sales, so yes. How do you think the Feds catch straw purchasers?
Good. Are there records kept if the initial purchaser sells that gun?

One of the issues with Obama's sales to the Cartels was the gun store owners were instructed NOT to keep the proper records and to sell to obvious straw purchasers and many refused. I believe that's how the gun used to kill the Border Patrolman was traced.
I don't know the particulars but it was certainly a botched operation, however well intentioned.

Good. Are there records kept if the initial purchaser sells that gun?

I don't know the particulars but it was certainly a botched operation, however well intentioned.

thee was no good intention....obama and holder wanted those guns to be used in cartel murders...in Mexico, so they could restart the gun control issue.......

You tell us how that is a good intention....

Forum List

Back